MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - Smitty - 02-09-2023

Players that got 47+ min in WCF

Luka 191   -  Luka
Brunson 169   -  Kyrie
Dinwiddie 137   -   Wood
DFS 196   -   Green
Bullock 196   -  Bullock
Maxi 126   -   Maxi
Bertans 49  -   THJ
Frank 49   -   Hardy 
Powell 47   -  Powell

*Green 18*  -  Bertans

Luka is even better this year. MVP

Upgrading Brunson with Kyrie speaks for itself.

Upgrading Dinwiddie with Wood is also a big plus.

Hopefully Green continues like he is because he might also be playing better than DFS did last year.

Bullock is playing worse than last year but seems to have come around a bit of late.

Maxi is Maxi.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - Jason Terry - 02-09-2023

Luka 
Kyrie
THJ
Bullock
Powell 

With Green, Wood, Maxi off the bench 

This should be the main big minute players in the playoffs 

Pat bev as instant defense when needed

Hardy maybe gets some run if we’re in a bad way offensively 

Mcgee could maybe play in series where we need rim protection like we did last year and like we intended when we sign him

Maybe an 8 min bertans 3pt cameo or two

Morris could be the traditional 4 if we need one. A bully to get physical with someone if needed 

Theo waves the towel. We buy out Frank and sign Danny Green to wave a towel as well. With the intention of re-signing him in the offseason 

And that’s our 15 man playoff team. I like our chances. Lots of lineup flexibility

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - KillerLeft - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 06:58 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Luka 
Kyrie
THJ
Bullock
Powell 

This is the best case scenario as I see things, too, only I'd pencil in Beverly (or whoever they can get) for about 15 minutes per, consistently.

They're not gonna be big, and they'll get KILLED on the glass, but they're going to be quick and they can switch a LOT. It's not terrible. I think we'll miss DFS and replacing him will be the mission of the summer, but it's not terrible.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - mvossman - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 06:32 PM)Smitty Wrote: Players that got 47+ min in WCF

Luka 191   -  Luka
Brunson 169   -  Kyrie
Dinwiddie 137   -   Wood
DFS 196   -   Green
Bullock 196   -  Bullock
Maxi 126   -   Maxi
Bertans 49  -   THJ
Frank 49   -   Hardy 
Powell 47   -  Powell

*Green 18*  -  Bertans

Luka is even better this year. MVP

Upgrading Brunson with Kyrie speaks for itself.

Upgrading Dinwiddie with Wood is also a big plus.

Hopefully Green continues like he is because he might also be playing better than DFS did last year.

Bullock is playing worse than last year but seems to have come around a bit of late.

Maxi is Maxi.

You also have to think Powell is going to have a better showing than he did last year.  I don't know what happened to him, and I know he is more of a regular season player than a playoff player, but I don't think he will be that bad this time.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - mvossman - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 06:58 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Luka 
Kyrie
THJ
Bullock
Powell 

Hardy maybe gets some run if we’re in a bad way offensively 

Mcgee could maybe play in series where we need rim protection like we did last year and like we intended when we sign him

Maybe an 8 min bertans 3pt cameo or two

Morris could be the traditional 4 if we need one. A bully to get physical with someone if needed 

Theo waves the towel. We buy out Frank and sign Danny Green to wave a towel as well. With the intention of re-signing him in the offseason 

And that’s our 15 man playoff team. I like our chances. Lots of lineup flexibility

That's how I see it as well.  I think Green will come off the bench but get a ton of minutes and close games.  I think Maxi will probably close games as well.  The 5th spot might go to whoever is playing better, but the Kidd trust factor says it most likely will be Bullock or Timmy.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - IamDougieFresh - 02-09-2023

Kyrie - Green - Luka - Maxi - Wood is our best lineup.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - sefant - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 08:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Kyrie - Green - Luka - Maxi - Wood is our best lineup.

[Image: wallpaper.png]

New Wallpaper Big Grin

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - Jason Terry - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 08:32 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Kyrie - Green - Luka - Maxi - Wood is our best lineup.
Yes. This is the one I’m most looking forward to. Sub Bullock for Wood is another good one

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - ItsGoTime - 02-09-2023

It gets us the most rim protection and the most rebounding we can put on the floor, without giving up offense.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - StepBackJay - 02-09-2023

Wood is going to be coming off the bench guys

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - ItsGoTime - 02-09-2023

(02-09-2023, 09:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Wood is going to be coming off the bench guys
Of that I have no doubt, this discussion however has little to do with starting.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - JCB - 02-09-2023

I don't think we need much improvement now. Bev might be a little slight positive. But all we need is guys to spread the floor, hit 3s and score 150 points a night. I think the Mavs are as good as any team in the West now.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - Tyler - 02-09-2023

Substitute Maxi for Bullock against bigger teams, and I think we'll see a lot of this lineup the rest of the year.

https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/1623871423415521281

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - LukaMVP - 02-09-2023

bev is a solid option for D but dude ain't got no 3. frank is worth holding on to imho. dude is still relatively young and may improve a bit, at the very least he can be reserved for a potential trade with the spurs or rockets or whoever gets wemby, in exchange for some 2nd round picks.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - SleepingHero - 02-10-2023

I just seriously think Woody will be in his feelings that he's a 6th man, especially because he was putting up numbers before his injury and subsequent rebenching.

I don't mind he's a 6th man, in fact it's not a bad role for him. But something strikes me that Wood isn't enough of a team oriented player in a contract year to accept a "demotion"

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - ItsGoTime - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 12:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I just seriously think Woody will be in his feelings that he's a 6th man, especially because he was putting up numbers before his injury and subsequent rebenching.

I don't mind he's a 6th man, in fact it's not a bad role for him. But something strikes me that Wood isn't enough of a team oriented player in a contract year to accept a "demotion"
Sounds familiar (THJ), maybe that is some of the issue with the mentality on this team and what was dragging them down. Good reason to shake everyone up and get fresh faces.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - Jym - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 12:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I just seriously think Woody will be in his feelings that he's a 6th man, especially because he was putting up numbers before his injury and subsequent rebenching.

I think Kidd views him as more of a 9th man. 
6th man role with free reign to sling the ball would probably be fine with him at this point

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - SleepingHero - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 12:27 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Sounds familiar (THJ), maybe that is some of the issue with the mentality on this team and what was dragging them down. Good reason to shake everyone up and get fresh faces.
It's up to the coach to press the right buttons and get guys to buy in. But it's a 2 way street. Wood has to want to buy in, and I just don't see him doing it.

BTW, no sources to back it up. Just a feeling and based on general history of how the dude behaved in other (albeit worse) situations. 

(02-10-2023, 12:55 AM)Jym Wrote: I think Kidd views him as more of a 9th man. 
6th man role with free reign to sling the ball would probably be fine with him at this point

I don't think Wood will ever have the freedom he had pre Kyrie now on offense. It's either gonna be Luka or Kyrie and then everyone else on equal footing. Wood is good enough to command plays, but his post ups really slow down the tempo. Maybe when Luka comes back and they slow it down for him Woods fit on offense post-Kyrie will be easier to see.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - ItsGoTime - 02-10-2023

Wood is a great pnr partner with either Luka or Kyrie.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi should return post ASB | Silva to Mavs - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 01:27 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Wood is a great pnr partner with either Luka or Kyrie.

Right on.
Doesn't need the ball to be effective.
He can be a PNR, PNP threat for any of the two.

Face-up ISOs with Wood would be scrapped.
But if he gets a small on him on the block, he gets the ball.