MavsBoard
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal? (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - BigDirk41 - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:40 PM)F Gump Wrote: THJ, Wood, McGee  ...for.... Collins, Bogey
OR
Unprotected 1st, THJ, Wood, McGee  ...for.... Ayton, Crowder

Which?

As much as it pains me to say, probably the Phoenix trade, but I would be happy with either if those are viable options.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - KillerLeft - 02-07-2023

OR

Which?

I take door number 1, but door number 2 would get better press. 

Ayton looks and smells to me like he'll be obsolete in about two years. 

I would probably do either, having said that.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - BigDirk41 - 02-07-2023

If there's no Crowder in the Ayton deal, I'm 100% out.

We'll also need to buy a number 1 pick this draft so we can unload Ayton down the road..lol

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - omahen - 02-07-2023

Phoenix is looking to win now. Are they better with Wood/THJ over Ayton? Ayton sure looks unhappy there

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - Smitty - 02-07-2023

OR

Which?

PHX trade for sure.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - mvossman - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:07 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/status/1623049782569607179

Its hard to think of a trade that balances out this roster better than this.  Not a fan of the Ayton contract or giving up a first to pay it, but that team starts looking like a legit contender.  Ayton/Crowder/Luka/Green/Kyrie with Powell/Maxi/Bullock/Hardy/Frank off the bench.  Getting off McGee is a bonus.  This is the all in trigger to pull.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - Smitty - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:45 PM)mvossman Wrote: Its hard to think of a trade that balances out this roster better than this.  Not a fan of the Ayton contract or giving up a first to pay it, but that team starts looking like a legit contender.  Ayton/Crowder/Luka/Green/Kyrie with Powell/Maxi/Bullock/Hardy/Frank off the bench.  Getting off McGee is a bonus.  This is the all in trigger to pull.

Agree completely.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - dirkfansince1998 - 02-07-2023

Not a fan. Hard to come up with versions that don´t include Green and/or Hardy. Probably need to include the Knicks to get full control of the 2025 first.

Maybe in a three team deal...

Fourner + 2nd to Dallas
Bullock to Knicks
Knicks lift protections

Ayton to Dallas
Wood, THJ, 2025 1st, 2027 1st to Suns

Don´t like it. Going all in on Ayton feels even worse than being all in on Kyrie.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 02-07-2023

Anyone else judge whether the Mavs have just made a move based on the number of people logged on when you pull up the page?  When I logged on Sunday and saw 190+ people on here I was like..."SHIIIIIITT!!!!!!!"

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - cow - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, unless you're in the camp who thinks Ayton is a stud center and adding him would make this team a contender. And I think you know there are people who'll think that.

Not advocating for Ayton here, but I'd honestly rather try to free up '25 and send '25 and '27 instead of trading Hardy and '27.  I really think the kid has the potential to be a super sixth man.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - vfromlmf - 02-07-2023

The thing I like about Ayton is it makes it harder for teams to go small. And we all know how Luka feasts on bigs.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - KillerLeft - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:44 PM)omahen Wrote: Phoenix is looking to win now. Are they better with Wood/THJ over Ayton? Ayton sure looks unhappy there

They might be pivoting, though. There are all sorts of clues out there that even they don't believe in CP3 anymore, and let's be honest, they weren't really contenders before they got him a few years back. I think they're kind of in a tight spot. In addition to your point about Ayton seeming unhappy, they might be doing the "one step back to open up 2-3 steps forward" approach a ton of people wanted the Mavs to employ.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - cow - 02-07-2023

Ayton being flawed does check a pretty big box for the types of guys that Mavs can get their hands on.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - MaxiThreeba - 02-07-2023

Green and Hardy are deal breakers for me.  I am hoping the reports that Mavs FO is prioritizing keeping those two are a hard line for them as well.

If the Celtics want to send you Brown for those two plus salary and picks, then sure let's talk.  But for Ayton I would be a hard pass.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - dirkfansince1998 - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: The thing I like about Ayton is it makes it harder for teams to go small. And we all know how Luka feasts on bigs.

Mavs happily played small ball against the Suns. Would argue that Kleber clearly outplayed him in playoffs.

(02-07-2023, 03:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: The thing I like about Ayton is it makes it harder for teams to go small. And we all know how Luka feasts on bigs.

I don't know that I understand where you're coming from with this. Can you elaborate? 

I think Ayton is an engraved invitation for the opponent to go small. Kleber in the corner is how the Mavs embarrassed that team last season.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - mvossman - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not a fan. Hard to come up with versions that don´t include Green and/or Hardy. Probably need to include the Knicks to get full control of the 2025 first.

Fourner + 2nd to Dallas
Bullock to Knicks
Knicks lift protections

Ayton to Dallas

Don´t like it. Going all in on Ayton feels even worse than being all in on Kyrie.

Then you don't do it.  Given that Ayton is overpaid, having a down year, and the Suns have been trying to get off him, This is where you draw the line.  No Green, no Hardy and no other firsts.

(02-07-2023, 03:50 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Green and Hardy are deal breakers for me.  I am hoping the reports that Mavs FO is prioritizing keeping those two are a hard line for them as well.

If the Celtics want to send you Brown for those two plus salary and picks, then sure let's talk.  But for Ayton I would be a hard pass.

Ayton is not worth including Green or Hardy.

But getting off of THJ and knowing Wood is and always was a rental. Getting back Ayton AND Crowder is worth a FRP from the Mavs imo.

(02-07-2023, 03:50 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Green and Hardy are deal breakers for me.  I am hoping the reports that Mavs FO is prioritizing keeping those two are a hard line for them as well.

You don't need to worry about Green.  Who knows on Hardy?  He's probably too far under the radar to swing any deals.

RE: ROSTER TALK: Maxi out indefinitely | Wood breaks left thumb | Silva to Mavs - RasheedsBigWhiteSpot - 02-07-2023

(02-07-2023, 03:47 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not a fan. Hard to come up with versions that don´t include Green and/or Hardy. Probably need to include the Knicks to get full control of the 2025 first.

Fourner + 2nd to Dallas
Bullock to Knicks
Knicks lift protections

Ayton to Dallas

I'm tired of everyone proposing deals with the Knicks where they "lift protections".  If the Mavs are taking on Fournier, I just want the 2023 back.  After all, it'll only be in the mid-20's anyway.