MavsBoard
DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey] - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: DRAFT: #18 [Green] & #31 [Terry] & trade for #36 [Tyler Bey] (/showthread.php?tid=200)

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - Hypermav - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 08:17 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://media.giphy.com/media/3rgXBK5ADOuzBWVfjO/giphy.gif
[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - cow - 11-18-2020

*waves hands over crystal ball*

...and with the 18th pick, the Dallas Maverick select Aaron Nesmith, guard out of Vanderbilt.

*cow does back flips*

Moments later: It looks like this pick has been traded to...

*cow cries*

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - ClutchDirk - 11-18-2020

The Chicago Bulls have reportedly discussed a trade that would send center Wendell Carter Jr. and the No. 4 overall pick to the Golden State Warriors for the No. 2 selection in the 2020 NBA draft Wednesday night.

Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer reported the news and noted the Bulls would target Memphis center James Wiseman if the deal were completed

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - aguiar95 - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 08:31 AM)cow Wrote: *waves hands over crystal ball*

...and with the 18th pick, the Dallas Maverick select Aaron Nesmith, guard out of Vanderbilt. 

*cow does back flips*

Moments later:  It looks like this pick has been traded to...

*cow cries*

If we end up picking Nesmith or Poku, I'll be the one crying.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - cow - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 08:55 AM)aguiar95 Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 08:31 AM)cow Wrote: *waves hands over crystal ball*

*cow does back flips*

Moments later:  It looks like this pick has been traded to...

*cow cries*

If we end up picking Nesmith or Poku, I'll be the one crying.

I'll gladly drink you tears for Nesmith.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - burekemde - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 07:55 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: 12 hours , till the Mavs get a future All NBA player who will be their 2nd best player during the Luka dynasty.
#FACTS
#Wemove
#decadeofdominance
#thefutureisnow

kheled I will start counting together with you, 11 hours it the must be as you posted this an hour agoSmile

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - aguiar95 - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 09:03 AM)cow Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 08:55 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: If we end up picking Nesmith or Poku, I'll be the one crying.

I'll gladly drink you tears for Nesmith.

Whyyyyyyyyyy? Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - JamesConway - 11-18-2020

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1329067467814154240?s=20

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - Mapka - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 08:51 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Chicago Bulls have reportedly discussed a trade that would send center Wendell Carter Jr. and the No. 4 overall pick to the Golden State Warriors for the No. 2 selection in the 2020 NBA draft Wednesday night.

Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer reported the news and noted the Bulls would target Memphis center James Wiseman if the deal were completed

The Bulls New Frontoffice... - two days in the Office - even worse than the old one.....

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - khaled1987 - 11-18-2020

Aleksej Pokusevski NBA draft measurements:

Height without shoes = 7'0 1/4"

Height with shoes = 7'1 1/2"

Wingspan = 7'5"

Standing reach = 9'4"

Weight = 211 pounds

Found it on realgm thread, take it for what its worth.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - michaeltex - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 04:30 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 12:33 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I just did this trade and it went through. The Mavericks also create Trade Exception to add Galinari

Boston Receives
Steven Adams
Maxi Kleber
Kelly Oubre
Pick 31

So the Mavs trade Maxi+THJ+Wright+Jackson18+31 for Gordon Hayward+14+26? 

So basically 2 key rotation pieces, 2 non-impact pieces to move up in the draft+Hayward. It's not terrible. But I think Hayward alone isn't worth THJ+Maxi. And in this trade the Mavs essentially trade away all of their tradeable contracts. Only DFS+Curry+Brunson+Powell remain. 

Maybe a revised one could be:

Boston Receives
Steven Adams
Maxi Kleber
Pick 31

Dallas Receives
Gordon Hayward
Ricky Rubio
Danny Green
Pick 26

OKC Receives
Tim Hardaway Jr. (Buyout)
Justin Jackson
Delon Wright
Dwight Powell
Pick 18

Pick 14

OKC gets 2 picks plus gets off of Rubio+Adams money and breaks it into 3 smaller contracts. Saves OKC about 17 mil this season and gives them value contracts to match for trades, because most of the team is now on rookie deals. Plus OKC can add 2 more first rounders to their treasure trove. 

Boston gets the big man they want, plus a back up big. They stay in the draft and only move down 5 spots. Adams is expiring so they aren't tied up. Kleber is on a value contract and makes Thies expendable. 

Mavs get their ball handler, wing, and shooter plus stay in the draft with a first round pick. If Hayward opts in without an extension, Mavs could be looking at close to 32 mil in cap space with the Giannis summer looming. If Hayward extends lets say at 20 mil a year, the Mavs would have about 12 mil in space but a Rubio trade could put them right back at 30 mil.
That's a lot of moving parts and DAL ends up with possible 1yr rentals on Hayward and Rubio if they are trying to max cap space in 2021. This is at the expense of creating a big hole in the front court by losing Maxi and Powell. If KP is missing the start of the season, then DAL is playing HOU small-ball. WCS may help, but nobody knows what he's doing on his option right now.

This seems to give OKC relief and improves BOS front line while dumping the most risk on DAL with cluttered cap space, durability questions and performance unknowns ( I'm not a fan of Rubio, I think Brunson fills the same role and we can get Trey Burke that is a better fit). I know you have to take a chance sometimes, but this is a lot of risk while removing core parts of a successful team.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - JamesConway - 11-18-2020

#TeamPoku

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - ClutchDirk - 11-18-2020

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1329071002026962944

https://twitter.com/McDNBA/status/1329063992766074880

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - KillerLeft - 11-18-2020

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1329067467814154240?s=20

So, if true, we know a high second is worth moving up 4-5 spots, at least in the late part of the first.

(11-18-2020, 09:36 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Aleksej Pokusevski NBA draft measurements:

Height without shoes = 7'0 1/4"

Height with shoes = 7'1 1/2"

Wingspan = 7'5"

Standing reach = 9'4"

Weight = 211 pounds

Found it on realgm thread, take it for what its worth.
TheStepien views him as a potential "core"-type of player.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/24/aleksej-pokusevski-scouting-report/

I'm in. Have been for a while. Doesn't look like S. Bey / R. Williams / Vassell / Nesmith will be there for us so why not go for upside. With all the questionmarks about KP's durability we can always use another skilled frontcourt player. Dude is super impressive on tape.

Then go bpa at #31. Maybe you luck into someone like McDaniels / Bane / Woodard / Bolmaro.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - deronjohn - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 09:39 AM)michaeltex Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 04:30 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 12:33 AM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: I just did this trade and it went through. The Mavericks also create Trade Exception to add Galinari

Boston Receives
Steven Adams
Maxi Kleber
Kelly Oubre
Pick 31

So the Mavs trade Maxi+THJ+Wright+Jackson18+31 for Gordon Hayward+14+26? 

So basically 2 key rotation pieces, 2 non-impact pieces to move up in the draft+Hayward. It's not terrible. But I think Hayward alone isn't worth THJ+Maxi. And in this trade the Mavs essentially trade away all of their tradeable contracts. Only DFS+Curry+Brunson+Powell remain. 

Maybe a revised one could be:

Boston Receives
Steven Adams
Maxi Kleber
Pick 31

Dallas Receives
Gordon Hayward
Ricky Rubio
Danny Green
Pick 26

OKC Receives
Tim Hardaway Jr. (Buyout)
Justin Jackson
Delon Wright
Dwight Powell
Pick 18

Pick 14

OKC gets 2 picks plus gets off of Rubio+Adams money and breaks it into 3 smaller contracts. Saves OKC about 17 mil this season and gives them value contracts to match for trades, because most of the team is now on rookie deals. Plus OKC can add 2 more first rounders to their treasure trove. 

Boston gets the big man they want, plus a back up big. They stay in the draft and only move down 5 spots. Adams is expiring so they aren't tied up. Kleber is on a value contract and makes Thies expendable. 

Mavs get their ball handler, wing, and shooter plus stay in the draft with a first round pick. If Hayward opts in without an extension, Mavs could be looking at close to 32 mil in cap space with the Giannis summer looming. If Hayward extends lets say at 20 mil a year, the Mavs would have about 12 mil in space but a Rubio trade could put them right back at 30 mil.
That's a lot of moving parts and DAL ends up with possible 1yr rentals on Hayward and Rubio if they are trying to max cap space in 2021. This is at the expense of creating a big hole in the front court by losing Maxi and Powell. If KP is missing the start of the season, then DAL is playing HOU small-ball. WCS may help, but nobody knows what he's doing on his option right now.

This seems to give OKC relief and improves BOS front line while dumping the most risk on DAL with cluttered cap space, durability questions and performance unknowns ( I'm not a fan of Rubio, I think Brunson fills the same role and we can get Trey Burke that is a better fit). I know you have to take a chance sometimes, but this is a lot of risk while removing core parts of a successful team.

With Dallas taking all of the risks, I felt that picks could be favorable leaning heavily towards Dallas on this one. I can see the Mavericks moving Hayward to Indiana for Oladipo and Miles Turner. I ran this into a 4 way deal as well. All seems to work even with a 4 team deal including Indiana where Indiana ends up Hayward. Hayward is from Indiana so that would be a favorable destination for him. 

The Mavericks could also trade Rubio as quite a few teams are interested in him although I would keep Rubio as the secondary playmaker.

https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/1329061557347737601

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - omahen - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 09:43 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: So, if true, we know a high second is worth moving up 4-5 spots, at least in the late part of the first.

Yeah, not really good. It would mean #31 gets us in the #15 range. Of course it depends on individual team preferences. But not looking good at all for us. 
1. Since Houston is rumored to be looking to buy more second rounders, a trade from 18 to 16 would be perhaps possible. If you really believe in someone. 
2. Orlando at 15 is rumored to be looking to move up. 
3. Boston at 14 and NO at 13 already have a gazillion picks in this draft. 
4. Sacramento at 12 is a bit of a mystery. They need young studs, so I have a hard time seeing them drop 6 spots for a second rounder. 
5. Spurs at 11 are another mystery, rumored to be looking to trade up. 
6. Phoenix is reportedly looking to trade down for a win now contributor. Why not another deal with OKC for Gallo? Orlando perhaps?

The rest are rebuilding teams way above our #31 range. It should be much easier to trade down, as there are teams with several picks. Boston with 26 and 30, NO with 24 and a bunch of second rounders, OKC with 25 and 28, Philly with a bunch of second rounders (if we trade down #31).

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - HanspardsShowerVoice - 11-18-2020

Don't know if anyone else heard Mark Followell on KTCK yesterday... nothing ground breaking here, as an employee of the Mavs he's extra cautious about getting into specific names.

a) The Mavs want someone who can help carry the offensive workload from Luka who can act as both a ballhandler/distributor and can also play off ball and spot up shoot well when asked. Followell assumed this would be more of a combo guard type, but supposed a point forward like Hayward could fit that bill as well.

b) With Giannis probably staying in 2021, there's nothing to wait for. Let's get it going. Mavs need to take the next step from where they left off ... host a playoff series, advance into the next round and beyond. No need to place an articificial ceiling here. He thinks this is the mindset in the building. OKC and HOU probably decline, so it's time for the Mavs to move up the ladder.

c) A 3D Wing makes the most sense at #18 if they keep the pick. Bey, Green, Nesmith all fit the bill. Mavs need someone who can switch on the perimeter and they shot the 2nd most 3s of any team in the NBA last year, and that's not going to change.

d) Mavs know they need a Deshawn Stevenson. Luka and KP arent the ones who should be getting in people's faces and risking ejections or suspensions.

RE: DRAFT: Nov 18, 6pm | DAL #18 & #31 | 'strong desire' to trade up | Hal & SBey workout - juanc - 11-18-2020

Bolmaro is not an NBA player. I would stay as far away from him as possible.