Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 125, Pelicans 107
(05-14-2021, 11:56 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know, I'm not sure if it's good or bad (I'll defer to better men for that judgement), but I have to agree that this forum is almost singularly focused on basketball. It's a rare place we've built.

Yeah, I'm just having fun. I don't know if the current crop of folks would enjoy being terrorized by cave pals or not. :-D
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 12:03 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I don't know if the current crop of folks would enjoy being terrorized by cave pals or not. :-D

MEMORIES!
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 12:03 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Yeah, I'm just having fun. I don't know if the current crop of folks would enjoy being terrorized by cave pals or not. :-D
TBH, I forgot about looking for movie quotes to insert into posts for a while. Your recent post brought me back to my favorite reality!
Like Reply
Also, I think Razmataz's name implies some shenanigans. My money is on that being Tom Gribble BTW.
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 11:56 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know, I'm not sure if it's good or bad (I'll defer to better men for that judgement), but I have to agree that this forum is almost singularly focused on basketball. It's a rare place we've built.

As far as I remember most off topics started as basketball talk and developed into something else. From Luka and his tattoos to some in depth discussion on the origine and importance of religion. From Kyrie and the flat earth to all kinds of conspiracy theories.
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 12:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, I think Razmataz's name implies some shenanigans. My money is on that being Tom Gribble BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6f44ph0uTk
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 12:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: As far as I remember most off topics started as basketball talk and developed into something else. From Luka and his tattoos to some in depth discussion on the origin and importance of religion. From Kyrie and the flat earth to all kinds of conspiracy theories.

Man does not live by basketball alone.
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 12:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: From Luka and his tattoos to some in depth discussion on the origine and importance of religion.

I've said this a bunch of times, but I guess I like repeating myself :-D...that might be my favorite thread of all time. The "Barnes needs to talk to Luka about the evil nature of his tats" conversation played out pretty quickly and somewho developed into a science vs religion discussion, during which I enjoyed greatly trying to make the case that there is no real (only percieved) conflict between an accurate, in context reading of the Bible and real science (which affirms evolution and common descent as the best fit for the evidence we find in nature). 

Not that I'm trying to spark that debate again, or anything. :-)
Like Reply
"...the Bible and real science (which affirms evolution and common descent as the best fit for the evidence we find in nature). Not that I'm trying to spark that debate again, or anything. :-) "

I don't want the debate either, but your comment gives me a need to say that evolution and common descent is a really bad fit with "real science" as it has progressed in the last 20-30 years, it seems. In the simplistic concepts propounded by Darwin and as taught in school, maybe evolution and common descent made science sense in a very limited way. But the deeper the study has gone (as real science does) the more it all apparently doesn't hold up.

DNA and how it works, gene coding, the expanding understanding of the significantly greater complexity of all life forms than was thought, and the realities of huge problems in fossil records are making the hurdles bigger and bigger. The more we learn, the bigger the issues have become, and it's looking more and more like whatever the answer of how we came to be, as we are today, it's looking more and more like that's apparently not it.
Like Reply
@"F Gump", I disagree! But I think you knew that from last time around. I'd actually love more conversation on this, but I have to finish the yard and hang with the fam. Maybe we should grab that lunch sometime and compare notes.
Like Reply
@"F Gump" confirmed to be DLord.
Like Reply
(05-14-2021, 10:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"F Gump" confirmed to be DLord.

LOL not sure where that came from.
Like Reply
No way Kam, F Gump is Msrk Followill
Like Reply
(05-15-2021, 01:26 AM)fifteenth Wrote: No way Kam, F Gump is Msrk Followill

I am actually Msrk Followill. My pen name is DLord. Confusing I know. 

Sorry for the confusion folks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-15-2021, 02:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I am actually Msrk Followill. My pen name is DLord. Confusing I know. 

Sorry for the confusion folks.

Who says?

Poser.
Like Reply
I’m Don Nelson.
Like Reply
(05-15-2021, 05:14 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’m Don Nelson.

You should be nicer to your son!
Like Reply
(05-15-2021, 10:30 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You should be nicer to your son!
Are you kidding me? That little bastard fired me! My sole purpose in life after that was to coach the Warriors to embarrass him and Cuban! I even helped the opposite teams orchestrate the Odom, Rondo and the failed DJJ trades!
Like Reply
Oh, and DAJ?

https://gph.is/g/ZkV1lkB
Like Reply
(05-16-2021, 08:43 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Are you kidding me? That little bastard fired me! My sole purpose in life after that was to coach the Warriors to embarrass him and Cuban! I even helped the opposite teams orchestrate the Odom, Rondo and the failed DJJ trades!

But you just stopped going to practices! Even your mom would fire you for that!

And then after giving Dirk the secrets he needed to rule the universe you taught those 6 little warriors how to defeat him!
Like Reply