Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
81.82%
9 81.82%
Grizzlies
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 69: DAL (40-29) @ MEM (36-33) | 104-133 loss
(05-11-2021, 09:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You are some crybabies really

Can you chill with the name calling. I understand you're passionate and annoyed with the loss. You can say what you like in a nicer way.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I still think Luka needs to lose some weight - Him not being in tip top shape affects his conditioning and will affect his health long term. He will still be able to bully people in the post without the extra 10-15 pounds.
Like Reply
(05-11-2021, 10:07 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I still think Luka needs to lose some weight - Him not being in tip top shape affects his conditioning and will affect his health long term. He will still be able to bully people in the post without the extra 10-15 pounds.

Luka just looks run down. He's limping up the court. He's grimacing every time he drives. 

Dude needs a long rest. Thankfully if the Mavs avoid the play-in he'd get that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-11-2021, 10:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka just looks run down. He's limping up the court. He's grimacing every time he drives. 

Didn't seem to motivate them tonight.
Like Reply
This game reminded me of the Sunday game vs CLE in one significant respect:

* It was a great team effort. Just about the whole team contributed to the end result.

Mavs showed up and rolled the basketball on the floor and waited to collect their win. It didn't come easy, so they threw in the towel effort-wise. Didn't defend a lick, got killed on the boards, and offense was awful.

Same players, but not the same effort. There go all the "I like this team" vibes out the window.
Like Reply
Also, this game I learned that Lionel Ritchie used to coach the Grizz lmao
Like Reply
Luka has not looked like himself for a  few games now and yes he needs to get in the weight room and take his conditioning seriously.
Like Reply
(05-11-2021, 09:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Can you chill with the name calling. I understand you're passionate and annoyed with the loss. You can say what you like in a nicer way.

Who called who names first? Rolleyes

My "anger"  GTFO was actually directed at the announcers, who five minutes earlier had a wankfest over Green averaging more minutes than Luka the past two games and then bemoaned the loss of Redick like he was some sort of major loss, when he has been atrocious for the last 5-6 games.

I immediately knew we were in trouble today, cause just like the Kings, we were running into another athletic, young and fast team. The moment I saw Redick, Melli and injured Maxi off the bench first this game was over.

Also nice effort game Trey Burke. 21 minutes: One assist, no rebounds, no steals, no blocks, but five shot attempts.

I don´t know what in the world Carlisle was thinking benching WCS, DFS and Richardson forever, when they were the only guys matching the Grizzlies effort.

Also seems the Powell reality checks always come just in time, when people here want to give him another $45M.
Like Reply
(05-11-2021, 10:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka just looks run down. He's limping up the court. He's grimacing every time he drives. 

It was tough watching him in person. Only the second time I've got to see him in person.

Watching him off the ball, and on Memphis FT's, he didn't have any go, no smile, none of the joy I've seen in his good games on TV. It was disheartening. I don't know if he's exhausted, or if he was just disinterested. He looked bored some times and tired other times.

I hope he's not dealing with a painful injury. But I also hope he wasn't just checked out mentally.
Like Reply
(05-12-2021, 03:41 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Also seems the Powell reality checks always come just in time, when people here want to give him another $45M.
I mostly get where you’re coming from, and I hate the Powell snowball as much as anyone, but can’t the Green situation be viewed in the same way? 

What I mean is, Powell gets the chances like this to show what you are saying here. I’d suggest that there is the possibility that given the same amount of chances, Green would put out stinkers too. Maybe with enough chances, he’d put up a THJesk month full of stinkers all at the same time. 

Isn’t that basically an RC and FO issue? RC cause he trusts certain guys way too much. The FO cause they are getting RC the guys that are required to play way over their heads night in and night out.
Like Reply
(05-11-2021, 09:07 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Go Knicks!  The Mavs need some help.

They didn't get it.
Like Reply
(05-12-2021, 08:37 AM)embellisher Wrote: I hope he's not dealing with a painful injury. But I also hope he wasn't just checked out mentally

He seems to have nagging, on-going knee pain that caused him to have that weird taping for a couple games. Multiple times a game you will see him wince in pain connected to lower body issues. 

I think he is also tired of carrying this team while the highest paid player sits. I sure would be.
Like Reply
(05-12-2021, 08:37 AM)embellisher Wrote: It was tough watching him in person. Only the second time I've got to see him in person.

Sucks that this was one of the games you had to see in person.
Like Reply
(05-12-2021, 09:26 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I think he is also tired of carrying this team while the highest paid player sits. I sure would be.

Pretty good point, imo. I would be, too.
Like Reply
(05-12-2021, 10:22 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Pretty good point, imo. I would be, too.

The Mavs need to pay Luka ASAP for this reason alone. Even for mature folks, it is hard to carry the greatest load and know you are getting paid pennies compared to others on the "team."
Like Reply
What's the deal with Redick? Is he still hurt? They've got nothing from him either. Unless they're holding him out to be their secret weapon, playoff time.
Like Reply
(05-12-2021, 11:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What's the deal with Redick? Is he still hurt? They've got nothing from him either. Unless they're holding him out to be their secret weapon, playoff time.

I'll be pretty disappointed if last night's injury setback keeps him from being available for the playoffs.
Like Reply
I hope Redick will be available in the playoffs too.  His first few games with the team were good, but a little sloppy due to not knowing his teammates.  In his recent games, his shot had not been falling.   I wouldn't expect high usage from him in the playoffs as he has not played much since joining the team.  But I like having wild cards with Redick, Burke and Boban.  All three can be inserted and provide scoring quickly.   I could see all three providing a quick spark in a certain playoff game.
Like Reply