Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt RAPTOR & 6.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
5 100.00%
Kings
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 64: SAC (27-37) @ DAL (36-28) | 99-111 loss
Luka is just exhausted, just too much load that the team is asking him to carry
Like Reply
I complained on here that losing Delon Wright was going to be a hole for this team. 

He was the best player on the court the last 5 minutes

Donnie Nelson really shit the bed in the offseason
Like Reply
Delon has made the Mavs front office looks so bad this year. They got very little from the transactions related to him and he’s been one of the best non starters in the NBA this season.
Like Reply
Don't even need Fox...let's say you swapped Luka with Harrison Barnes on this exact Kings roster and they would have WCF potential. Hield, Bagley, Holmes, Haliburton is a better supporting cast than KP and a bunch of one-dimensional role players.
Like Reply
They should suspend that official.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 09:35 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: They should suspend that official.

Seriously. That whole game was amateur hour and then the icing on the cake.
Like Reply
No Fox, Barnes, and Haliburton gets hurt. Carlisle finds a way with another total meltdown and impending 7th seed doom + 1st round exit, as if there was any doubt. 10 more years of this, yes please!

Delon Wright, who the MBT overpaid to obtain then overpaid to dump, must be salivating in MFFL's tears right now. Can't believe Delon Wrong would be more useful than Wesley Matthews, oh I mean Josh Richardson this season. 

KP, where art thou?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...7235778564
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 09:11 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Playoffs?  Mavs have a hell of a lot of work to do to stay out of the lottery. This was not a game to be resting players.

Especially with Portland beating Boston and the Lakers playing Toronto. If Lakers win, they are up 1 game on Mavs and Portland. Portland won the season series vs Mavs, so they go back to 6th, Mavs to 7th. This will be fluid the rest of the season. Mavs can't drop games like tonight. Kings are they're kryptonite this year.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 09:45 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: This will be fluid the rest of the season

Same as KPs injury situation, unfortunately
Like Reply
When people complain about officiating in the NBA, the refs don’t do themselves any favors by pulling the kind of bullshit they did tonight. I don’t see how both of Lukas Ts don’t get rescinded (unless the NBA is just be stubborn to protect their own).
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 09:55 PM)DrMav Wrote: When people complain about officiating in the NBA, the refs don’t do themselves any favors by pulling the kind of bullshit they did tonight. I don’t see how both of Lukas Ts don’t get rescinded (unless the NBA is just be stubborn to protect their own).

I'm not defending these refs by any stretch. But you have to realize that they have a lot of new, inexperienced refs (Male and Female) that have to learn the NBA. Most of the veteran refs retired. So this is what we have to deal with going forward.  Bad calls, wrong calls and no calls.
Like Reply
I guess Washington took Mavs shooting touch to the capital. Can't really complain about anything, you just can't win shooting like that.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 10:05 PM)omahen Wrote: I guess Washington took Mavs shooting touch to the capital. Can't really complain about anything, you just can't win shooting like that.

6-35 from 3, won't cut it. Beal makes that 3 at the buzzer, it could've been worse.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 10:03 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I'm not defending these refs by any stretch. But you have to realize that they have a lot of new, inexperienced refs (Male and Female) that have to learn the NBA. Most of the veteran refs retired. So this is what we have to deal with going forward.  Bad calls, wrong calls and no calls.

NBA really needs to track and publish analytics on their refs for the sake of improvement and transparency. 

And also wasn’t it Rodney Mott who gave Luka both of his techs and really seemed to be out to show him who’s the boss all game? That guy has been a ref since 1998.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 10:23 PM)DrMav Wrote: NBA really needs to track and publish analytics on their refs for the sake of improvement and transparency. 

Not gonna happen. Drama sells better than love story. Go refs, go!
Like Reply
Mavs will never win a game if they go 6/35 from 3.

DFS 0-5. Maxi 1-8. Luka 1-7. Richardson 1-4. Appalling effort from anyone not named Luka or Boban.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-02-2021, 09:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...7235778564

Also not saying this was an excuse because the Mavs had ample of opportunities to win, but the refs were targeting the Mavs all night and Luka especially.

If the NBA had any balls they'd suspend the ref that gave Luka the 2 weakest techs of the year.

Absolutely terrible.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Well... at least the Lakers loss too.
Like Reply