Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs new “Statement” jerseys
Photo 
Someone alluded to these on the prior forum over the summer. I believe it was a photo of a replica jersey from the pro shop. However this is the best shot I’ve found of the real ones. Fairly underwhelming. They should just do away with the royal blue all together on these and go all Brooklyn Nets-like with simply navy and white. The royal blue and white stripes on the sides have a very “Walmart gym shorts” look to them lol. Royal blue on collar looks out of place as well. 

[Image: 1-B6364-E0-548-C-4-C68-896-A-93292828-FAC2.jpg]
Like Reply
Those are some rec league unis.

Mavs really need to revamp their look. They have some of the most stale and boring unis in the entire league right now. I certainly don't want them to go the opposite way and become a neon-Nike nightmare like, say, the Hawks, but they definitely need something new.
Like Reply
Though for sure Cuban would rebrand the team after Dirk's retirement. No one wanted to see Dirk in another uniform, even it was another Mavs uniform. 

Cuban really missed a chance to establish a new identity.

On a separate but related topic, the Mavs dancers are a thing of the past. I'll be honest. I was a fan. 

But I also like what they're replacing them with. I've never heard of this dance troupe before but they're really damn good. https://www.mavs.com/worldofdance/
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 04:31 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Though for sure Cuban would rebrand the team after Dirk's retirement. No one wanted to see Dirk in another uniform, even it was another Mavs uniform. 

I agree about the re-branding of our new team but let's just let it happen. This team will be forming it's new personality which will result in a better time to bring forth some new identity stuff. Right now, we are in a huge transition year. 

Besides, I think #77 and #6 look awesome in these jerseys. Since when is it about the jerseys themselves!
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
If the Mavs replaced the royal blue with some form of green and put green around the white numbers as well, these jerseys could have a fresh, new look while still paying homage to the Mavs’ heritage. As they stand now.........BORING. Fortunately the product on the court will be more exciting to watch this year.
Like Reply