Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronzone dismissed in wake of last year’s sexual assault allegation
https://twitter.com/dmn_mavericks/status...10657?s=21
Like Reply
I cant read the DMN article.  Dose it state why they are letting him go now instead of last summer?  Also, (maybe not related) but how much influence did he have over who we took in this past draft?
Like Reply
Well, if you believe Fish, this guy was like the best dude at his job in the entire organization. Glad that they're holding people accountable for predatory behavior (if that is indeed what happened) but this isn't exactly a great piece of news for the basketball side of things.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 06:23 PM)chaparral Wrote: I cant read the DMN article. 

A little trick. DMN has a little delay (couple of seconds) before the protection prevents you to read the article. So open the page, CTRL A, CTRL C and you will be able to read the content pasting it.

Not really much in this piece. Just that Ronzone is no more and everybody declined to comment. Even not clear since when he is gone.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 06:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, if you believe Fish, this guy was like the best dude at his job in the entire organization. Glad that they're holding people accountable for predatory behavior (if that is indeed what happened) but this isn't exactly a great piece of news for the basketball side of things.

Eh. Honestly. What´s so great about our draft record with Europeans? Am I supposed to be impressed, because he "found" Luka? Shy

2010 drafted DoJo. Bjelica went 35th.
2011 traded 26th pick. Bogdanovic went 31st, Bertans went 42nd.
2013 traded 13th pick. Giannis went 15, Schroeder went 17, Gobert 27, Neto 47, Timma 60, Theis undrafted.
2014 Capela 25, Bogdanovic 27, Jokic 41, Kleber undrafted.

...and so on until....

2021 Pokusevski/Maledon

None of these players were out of our reach, either with our own picks or by moving minimal assets to acquire 2nd round picks.

Maybe he suggested half of these guys and Cuban rejected the ideas. Then I have to wonder why he didn´t take his incredible talents elsewhere.

Well I guess we do know, cause other owners might not turn a blind eye on sexual harrassment like a certain Mark Cuban.
Like Reply
Just finding it odd that it's happing now right before we play DET who drafted S. Bey right after us in this past draft.  Terrible reporting from the DMN on this subject.  MBT probably hopes it dies so we don't find out the rest of the news.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 07:38 PM)chaparral Wrote: Just finding it odd that it's happing now right before we play DET who drafted S. Bey right after us in this past draft.  Terrible reporting from the DMN on this subject.  MBT probably hopes it dies so we don't find out the rest of the news.

Saddiq Bey and Isiah Stewart should both make the all-rookie team. Stewart never takes a play off, and leads all rookies in rebs, off rebs. Fg%, and blocked shots. he just gets in foul trouble sometimes. Reminds me of Ben Wallace with his motor and energy. Bey leads all rookies in 3pt makes with 126 going into tonight's game.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 06:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Eh. Honestly. What´s so great about our draft record with Europeans? Am I supposed to be impressed, because he "found" Luka? Shy

Well, again, your quarrel is with Fish, not me, but as I understand things, Ronzone's value is more about establishing an early relationship with these European dudes, which in turn establishes a connection to Dallas that makes them feel safe and comfortable.
Like Reply
Is make one feel safe and comfortable a part of predatory behavior?  I was looking for more info on this an came across an article were it did say that Ronzone was friends with Duffy.  So I hope Luka is not to close with this guy.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 06:33 PM)omahen Wrote: A little trick. DMN has a little delay (couple of seconds) before the protection prevents you to read the article. So open the page, CTRL A, CTRL C and you will be able to read the content pasting it.

Not really much in this piece. Just that Ronzone is no more and everybody declined to comment. Even not clear since when he is gone.

Even easier, just disable javascript and reload the page Wink  In Chrome, you can do it is a session via developer mode F12, then F1 for Settings and select disable javascript under Debugger.

Or get a browser extension to toggle it. 
Or you can set it up permanently for a site: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000891.htm
Like Reply