Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 0.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
63.64%
7 63.64%
Sixers
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 53: PHI (37-17) @ DAL (29-24) | 95-113 loss
Great pass by Burke. Big Grin
Like Reply
Embiid is getting all of Dallas bigs in foul trouble.
Like Reply
This game is going exactly how I thought it would. Embid is really good don't get me wrong but the Mavs at some point have to upgrade their big's in the offseason. 

I also do not like the rotation and having Luka out when Philly's starting 5 is out there. 

This game is a schedule loss....
Like Reply
3rd string bigs vs the most dominant post player in the league but the Mavs obviously don´t need a front court upgrade.
Like Reply
This is an impressive Philly team.  Amazing what some smart moves, some internal improvement and getting great play out of your stars will do for you.  I feel it is just a matter how bad the Sixers want to beat the Mavs tonight.  10 points?  20?  More?  

Mavs are without KP and on a back to back so you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.  But if I am the Mavs front office it is clear we are not good enough.  If we want to win championships this is one of 8-9 teams we need to compare ourselves up against.  Right now the gap is pretty big.  Mavs have some work to do.

I am going to call it a night.   This game looks like it may get worse in the second half.  Hope I am wrong.
Like Reply
Maxi, KP and DP are all we need with bigs!
Like Reply
(04-12-2021, 07:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 3rd string bigs vs the most dominant post player in the league but the Mavs obviously don´t need a front court upgrade.

KP out and we need Brunson and THJ to play like borderline all-stars to score points.  Mavs also need offensive upgrades.  

Need front court upgrade like you said.  Need wing defender upgrades.  This team is far away.
Like Reply
(04-12-2021, 08:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is an impressive Philly team.  Amazing what some smart moves, some internal improvement and getting great play out of your stars will do for you.  I feel it is just a matter how bad the Sixers want to beat the Mavs tonight.  10 points?  20?  More?  

Mavs are without KP and on a back to back so you have to give them the benefit of the doubt.  But if I am the Mavs front office it is clear we are not good enough.  If we want to win championships this is one of 8-9 teams we need to compare ourselves up against.  Right now the gap is pretty big.  Mavs have some work to do.

I am going to call it a night.   This game looks like it may get worse in the second half.  Hope I am wrong.
And by some work to do, you mean Maxi, DFS and probably JRich need to be upgraded right? 

I’m here to say, using KP, JB, Maxi, DFS, JRich,THJ and all our picks should be enough to retool this team into a contender (esp if KP stays healthy and keeps showing the play...or better...than he has been lately), IF the moves bring back complimentary pieces.
Like Reply
That's game! Pull the starters...this one is over. The Sixers know they can do whatever they want out there
Like Reply
(04-12-2021, 08:06 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: KP out and we need Brunson and THJ to play like borderline all-stars to score points.  Mavs also need offensive upgrades.  

Need front court upgrade like you said.  Need wing defender upgrades.  This team is far away.

Obviously but I would argue that the backup center position (for the Mavs starting center when KP is out) is the by far the biggest weakness. Richardson, DFS and THJ are solid veteran wings. Not like other good teams aren´t starting at least 1-2 similar guys. Problem is that Dallas has 3 of them in the starting five.
Like Reply
(04-12-2021, 08:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: That's game! Pull the starters...this one is over. The Sixers know they can do whatever they want out there

Good thing we play the Nets in the finals, and not the Sixers Tongue
Like Reply
(04-12-2021, 08:06 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: KP out and we need Brunson and THJ to play like borderline all-stars to score points.  Mavs also need offensive upgrades.  

Trade Kp for Collins. Get Holmes from Sacramento. At that point, start thinking about Lavine, Beal and Derozans(plan B) of this world. Keep Brunson, DFS, Hardaway, Maxi and Luka.

I think a team like this would compete by 22/23 season.
But yeah. Start with bigs please. I have been screaming at my TV about it for 2 years now.

Off topic, but i had to vent my disgust for Mavs frountcourt. Watching Embiid demolish them i just cant...Time for bed.
Like Reply
No answer for Embiid. But they're hanging around.
Like Reply
Maybe I just miss it, but I swear we must be dead last in fast break points. We have Luka Magic and always play like Grandma Knicks, even without Porzingis. You try to f*** with a great defensive team in the halfcourt, you need better 2nd options than THJ, Brunson, DFS or Kleber.
Like Reply
Mavs need to get their stuff together.  I really hate to leave the playoffs to a play in crap shoot. Don’t trust the Mavs against the Warriors at all (a terrible matchup) so the whole season will probably come down to one game against the Grizz.  The lottery is a very real possibility.
Like Reply
Odds on Burke seeing the floor in garbage time ahead of Green or Hinton? And when does garbgae time start for Carlisle? Over/under two minutes left.
Like Reply
Just pull the plug on this crap.  It’s like watching a euro team vs an nba team. The Mavs are not even in the same league and someone’s going to get hurt.
Like Reply
(04-12-2021, 08:20 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Trade Kp for Collins. Get Holmes from Sacramento. At that point, start thinking about Lavine, Beal and Derozans(plan B) of this world. Keep Brunson, DFS, Hardaway, Maxi and Luka.

I think a team like this would compete by 22/23 season.
But yeah. Start with bigs please. I have been screaming at my TV about it for 2 years now.

Off topic, but i had to vent my disgust for Mavs frountcourt. Watching Embiid demolish them i just cant...Time for bed.
I hope you’re right! I have a question for everyone on this board. Do y’all think RC is the right coach to get this team back to being a contender?
Like Reply
Sixers rested Embiid and Simmons for this entire quarter but RC still wants his starters to get meaningless minutes out there
Like Reply
Bey got in his two points before Carlisle realizes he snuck onto the court. Tongue
Like Reply