Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+25, 9 pts, 3 blk, 3 ast, 10 rbd)
16.67%
5 16.67%
Maxi (+13, 12 pts, 2 stl, 5 rbd)
0%
0 0%
KP (+17, 26 pts, 2 blk, 17 rbd)
76.67%
23 76.67%
JR (+26, 14 pts, 2 stl, 4 ast, 5 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+18, 27 pts, 1 blk, 9 ast, 9 rbd)
6.67%
2 6.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 51 DIRKIE: Winner KP (77%) | Runner-up DFS (17%)
(04-08-2021, 11:03 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: ...except for the empirically visible basketball problems that multiple posters have pointed out. 

Carry on with your own myth, though.

You talking about the McMahon pushing an agenda that's full of crap...dude literally twists words or says he didn't deny it on certain questions...

Then you have the ones who take a quote where a player is not getting baited into saying something that would get a reporter a lot of clicks and claiming there is actually a fire burning...

Lastly just because a couple of GMs called about KP which happens very frequently and was turned down BR trying so hard make one of their guys an Insider or pushing an agenda for another person connected to NBA basketball goes and writes about it and it was laughable...I'm sure Donnie calls about Beal at least once a month and gets told no everytime...

PS...the frustration on court is more about wanting to win and being a difference maker in that win...and being frustrated due to losing...KP said he wanted to be DPOY...that takes work and dedication which is a sign of a player who takes pride into their craft...please don't confuse that for a dumpster out back catching on fire...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 06:30 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: You talking about the McMahon pushing an agenda that's full of crap...dude literally twists words or says he didn't deny it on certain questions...

I disagree. He actually gives full context and does exact quotes. 

Please offer me an example where he was dishonest and I will change my view.
Like Reply
[Image: Kristaps-Porzingis.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024]
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 06:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I disagree. He actually gives full context and does exact quotes. 

Please offer me an example where he was dishonest and I will change my view.

Please visit the KP thread when you have time...love you like a brother for all you do for this community which is more than anyone else but you are wrong in my opinion...

I'll eat crow happily if wrong but this all started with a BR report and grew from there...if KP was unhappy his brother would be letting all of know that...see his time in NY for proof of that...his brother has been completely silent..
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 06:30 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: You talking about the McMahon pushing an agenda that's full of crap...dude literally twists words or says he didn't deny it on certain questions...

Then you have the ones who take a quote where a player is not getting baited into saying something that would get a reporter a lot of clicks and claiming there is actually a fire burning...

Lastly just because a couple of GMs called about KP which happens very frequently and was turned down BR trying so hard make one of their guys an Insider or pushing an agenda for another person connected to NBA basketball goes and writes about it and it was laughable...I'm sure Donnie calls about Beal at least once a month and gets told no everytime...

PS...the frustration on court is more about wanting to win and being a difference maker in that win...and being frustrated due to losing...KP said he wanted to be DPOY...that takes work and dedication which is a sign of a player who takes pride into their craft...please don't confuse that for a dumpster out back catching on fire...

Posters mentioned the injury concerns (legit problem that is not related to any agenda), him being a defensive liablity (backed up by the available data) and the chemistry with Luka on the court (KP ranking among the worst high volume pick and roll players, ranking in the top 10 in post up attempts, Luka being a ball dominant guard). Not sure how that is related to any kind of media agenda.
Only thing that the media is trying to push is the lack of off court chemistry. My personal opinion...I don´t care. They don´t need to be best friends. As long as it isn´t impacting the in game performance it´s not a concern.
Mavs obviously cannot do anything about trade rumors and smart GMs probably try to add fuel to the flames. Mavs tried similar moves in the past.
Like Reply
I have never spoke on  injury concerns or impact...only the NBA drama causing blinders for some due to reports...

After reading so many posts over a period of time that either were believing the reports or were blaming KP for things that were flat out untrue I got fed up with it...

I have a different tin foil hat for each day of the week but this has me baffled as to why some believe it or think they see it...or why they blame him for things...

I hate why he became whipping boy #1...he came back from surgery sooner than another younger player with no training camp and Covid restrictions but was not allowed a chance to get better as he has shown us...now his great recent play and his overall trending up is dismissed by some...
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 07:55 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: now his great recent play and his overall trending up is dismissed by some...

That´s the whole point of this conversation. KP is putting up better individual numbers but some of us have legit concerns that they aren´t translating to on court impact. For me it comes down to the defensive end. In my opinion the defensive ceiling of the team is just way higher when KP is on the bench and even his improved scoring numbers cannot compensate for it. I want the Mavs to play a switch everything scheme and that´s not possible with KP. Do I think that the current alternatives Kleber/Powell/Melli/WCS are better? No. Just to limited on offense. But I think that some of the mentioned free agents or trade targets would make a bigger impact on the Mavs.

Also don´t think that this is a completly new topic. Recent rumors just restarted the discussion. List of concerns is still the same. List of reasons why it might be worth the risk as well.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 06:45 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: you are wrong in my opinion..

Having watched post game interviews and seen MacMahon's quotes, I think he does a really good job of quoting accurately and offering the context of questions asked. I don't see all the interviews so it is possible he might have been disingenuous at some point, so please point out where he misquotes someone if you know where. The stuff bumped in the other threads had nothing to do with MacMahon misquoting anybody. It was just takes from other reporters.
Like Reply
I’m with you Clutch as far as how good he is. I’m still very concerned with him getting yet another major injury. 

To me, it’s very possible we see him go down again in the playoffs because of him trying to do things his body isn’t ready to do. If that does happen, that to me is the nail in the coffin as to ever believing he’ll return anything of value and we just have to ride out this contract and hope it doesn’t happen again next year.

That is why I hope he does put up a huge showing in the playoffs enough to make most around here eat their words and want to keep him. That happens, I’ll still be pretty firmly in the trade him camp while his value is salvaged. That is also why I don’t believe Collins and Turner (or Brog and Turner or even Collins and Capela) is all that much to ask for him.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 07:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Posters mentioned the injury concerns (legit problem that is not related to any agenda), him being a defensive liablity (backed up by the available data) and the chemistry with Luka on the court (KP ranking among the worst high volume pick and roll players, ranking in the top 10 in post up attempts, Luka being a ball dominant guard). Not sure how that is related to any kind of media agenda.

Yeah THIS is the crux of everything, all other interpersonal speculation is just that EVEN if it is true. The facts for us as fans come down to whether KP is the guy to help Luka take this team to a title or not. Period, end of story.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 08:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah THIS is the crux of everything, all other interpersonal speculation is just that EVEN if it is true. The facts for us as fans come down to whether KP is the guy to help Luka take this team to a title or not. Period, end of story.
Talent-wise, there is no question in my mind that KP could be that. Injury-wise, the odds are that he will continue getting hurt and can’t realize his full potential.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 08:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Talent-wise, there is no question in my mind that KP could be that.

I was the BIGGEST KP fan before he was drafted and before he came here. And I STILL believe in his talent. But I have seen enough to believe that he and Luka will not achieve an on-court chemistry that brings out the best in both of them. I am "out" on KP for that reason more than anything else.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 08:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I was the BIGGEST KP fan before he was drafted and before he came here. And I STILL believe in his talent. But I have seen enough to believe that he and Luka will not achieve an on-court chemistry that brings out the best in both of them. I am "out" on KP for that reason more than anything else.
I hate that it is taking this long, but there is reason to believe that it can get ironed out. They both work hard, both HATE losing. There is a vested interest in them figuring it out (which I honestly think is just as much on Luka as it is on KP and the coaches) IF KP is here for the rest of his contract.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 08:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I hate that it is taking this long, but there is reason to believe that it can get ironed out.

I WANT to be wrong really badly. KP being what I thought he would be with Luka is by far the best way forward for the Mavs. My heart wants it....my brain says the ship has sailed. We'll see.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 08:32 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I hate that it is taking this long, but there is reason to believe that it can get ironed out. They both work hard, both HATE losing. There is a vested interest in them figuring it out (which I honestly think is just as much on Luka as it is on KP and the coaches) IF KP is here for the rest of his contract.

As I've said several times, last night was a very hopeful moment for me on the Luka/KP chemistry front!!! Insert Jim Carrey "So you're saying there's a chance" gif. I'm holding onto hope!!!
Like Reply
DFS only getting five votes is criminal.
Like Reply
I cannot dismiss the injury issue so I have not brought that up in his defense...I am more concerned about luck than body falling apart though...
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 10:00 PM)cow Wrote: DFS only getting five votes is criminal.

I know, right? I guess that once the award gets renamed after you, an even better performance is needed for you to win it.
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 10:00 PM)cow Wrote: DFS only getting five votes is criminal.

Just a bunch of haters pushing a media generated agenda....
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 10:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Just a bunch of haters pushing a media generated agenda....

I've never seen KP fix a technical issue during a post game interview so that weighed into my decision.
Like Reply