Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DFS (+25, 9 pts, 3 blk, 3 ast, 10 rbd)
16.67%
5 16.67%
Maxi (+13, 12 pts, 2 stl, 5 rbd)
0%
0 0%
KP (+17, 26 pts, 2 blk, 17 rbd)
76.67%
23 76.67%
JR (+26, 14 pts, 2 stl, 4 ast, 5 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+18, 27 pts, 1 blk, 9 ast, 9 rbd)
6.67%
2 6.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 51 DIRKIE: Winner KP (77%) | Runner-up DFS (17%)
[Image: EygL9RtW8AEae-S?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1380364284052398084
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 10:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...7746672652

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 10:37 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Another myth...

Playing Pirate lately I have gotten to watch tje teams during timeouts or replays instead of commercials... Luka and KP have no issues except being pissed off after a loss because they both hate to lose and take the loses personally...

...except for the empirically visible basketball problems that multiple posters have pointed out. 

Carry on with your own myth, though.
Like Reply
Live look at Luka upon hearing he did not get the belt

https://media.giphy.com/media/2jMHMH6snJ.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 10:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: EygL9RtW8AEae-S?format=jpg&name=large]

That's all I wanted with Melli, a simple shirt.
Like Reply
KP gets it even without a Luka curve, but it was a great dynamic duo performance.  DFS, in his own way, was nearly as good.  Nice win.
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote: That's all I wanted with Melli, a simple shirt.

[Image: EyQU2OGWEAMiYKZ?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Luka is always the employee of the month.
Like Reply
26 and 17, plus a lead capturing 8-0 run in the 4th quarter all by himself. Yet this thread is all about Finney-Smith? Some serious anti-Latvian bias on this board.
Like Reply
KP for taking over late and showing that he still is the Unicorn!
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote: That's all I wanted with Melli, a simple shirt.

He had a simple shirt of hair on.

(04-08-2021, 11:24 PM)Jommybone Wrote: 26 and 17, plus a lead capturing 8-0 run in the 4th quarter all by himself. Yet this thread is all about Finney-Smith? Some serious anti-Latvian bias on this board.

We take our cues from Luka.
Like Reply
Well...there are at least 4 people in the running for the Dirkie.  DFS with a great defensive performance.  Maxi, who is a defensive glue guy.  Luka, but he does this kind of stuff all the time.  Even JR had a strong defensive performance.  I said 4?  What the hell.  Make it 5.  KP earned the Dirkie tonight...but...I have came around to the idea that KP is not a good fit on a team with Luka.  KP should be a number 1 option on a team built around him (and he thinks so too!).  That can't, and won't, happen on a Luka led team.  Oh well...just a little reasoning on my choice of Dirkie...
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:24 PM)Jommybone Wrote: 26 and 17, plus a lead capturing 8-0 run in the 4th quarter all by himself. Yet this thread is all about Finney-Smith? Some serious anti-Latvian bias on this board.

Serious question:

Were you paying attention to what DFS was doing all night and in the 4th? Dude was the quiet, hidden engine to the Mavs great play and victory. There is so much more to good basketball than making shots.

KP had a really good game, but DFS was THE difference maker IMO. Zero slight to KP. Not sure why DFS having such an impact has to be a "dig" at KP.
Like Reply
I will give it to KP.   He almost looked like Kelly Olynk out there.

DFS had some big boy rebounds.   Maybe it is just me, but I wasn't aware he is up to almost 37% three point shooting for the year.   For me, it doesn't feel like it.   I thought he was around the 32% range.   I think that 37% is a good benchmark.  If he can get there, he can be a real nice 5th starter with the right kind of guys around him.
Like Reply

? 19 people voted for KP out of 26.

Despite the fact he was actually shooting worse than Luka Smile
Like Reply
I’m too dumb to figure out how to quote a prior post on here. But I’m not dumb enough to have missed DFS’s many contributions. He was great, despite a so-so shooting night. 

But when KP entered the game at 8:01 in the 4th, the whole game changed. Down 4 turned into up 4 in just 2 minutes, during which KP hit 2 threes, grabbed 2 boards, and scored 8 points. All while turning previously unstoppable Bobby Portis into an afterthought. He added 2 more boards and a three over the ensuing 2 minutes, and the lead was 8. (Portis, meanwhile, had seen the last of his 20 points.)

The end of the third, by the way, was the only reason the game was interesting. KP picks up a foul and takes a seat. The Bucks go on to score 12 in the final minute and a half of the quarter, turning an 8 point deficit into a 4 point lead. 

Now it’s true that DFS also sat out the end of the third. I have no problem with the notion that his absence might have been the bigger factor there. But it ain’t obviously so. And KP’s 26/17 while shooting 50% from the field, 57% from 3, and 100% from the line, with 2 blocks and an assist, is a very Dirk-like showing.
Like Reply
KP finally used correctly at least in the 4th.
Like Reply
GIVE KP THAT BALL IN THE 4TH

LETS GO! WHAT A GAME!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
JJR votes for DFS!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mavericks/comme...nneysmith/
Like Reply