Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Jazz
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 49: UTA (38-12) @ DAL (28-21) | 111-103 win | 5 game win streak
Heart 
[Image: 13956146.jpeg]
Like Reply
The Mavs are currently in the midst of their 4th 4-game winning streak this season, they have yet to make it to 5. Time for that to change. Must win game.
Like Reply
If the Mavs can pull this one off, it will be the signature win of the season thus far. This, the Philly game, and the Brooklyn game next month are the three "circle the calendar" dates. Depending on how much we insist on sitting KP, I wouldn't be too surprised if we lost those three games and won every single one of the remaining games. But it would be very nice indeed to win this one.
Like Reply
https://i.imgur.com/AOrb8bQ.mp4
Like Reply
With Gobert policing the rim, we better be able to hit our threes, imo! Cool
Like Reply
KP, or whoever is playing his position, has to make his outside shots and keep Gobert honest by making him take an extra step out of the paint.

Also interested in whether our new fave, Melli, can keep performing against higher level competition. 

If it's close, look for Luka to play 40 minutes or more. Hope he gets his afternoon nap.
Like Reply
Big sports day today.

Rangers home opener 3pm  (dont laugh lol).
Mavs 6pm
Baylor/Gonzaga 8:20pm  (only college game I'll watch this year)

Get my second dose of the vaccine at 2pm.  Going to veg out all day.
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 10:37 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Get my second dose of the vaccine at 2pm.  Going to veg out all day.

I applaud your planning. Going to be great having stuff to watch all day.
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 10:37 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Big sports day today.

Rangers home opener 3pm  (dont laugh lol).
Mavs 6pm
Baylor/Gonzaga 8:20pm  (only college game I'll watch this year)

Get my second dose of the vaccine at 2pm.  Going to veg out all day.

Which one are you getting? If it's Pfizer, you should be fine. Moderna though, good luck!
Like Reply
Utahis very good, but I think their record is a bit inflated due to losing the fewest player games to covid and injuries among the top 16 teams. 

I think we win this one.
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 10:37 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Get my second dose of the vaccine at 2pm.  Going to veg out all day.
If you play your cards right, you ought to get 48 hours of "recovery" time out of your 2nd shot!
Like Reply
I expect a better performance than the last two meetings.
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 09:56 AM)michaeltex Wrote: KP, or whoever is playing his position, has to make his outside shots and keep Gobert honest by making him take an extra step out of the paint.

Also interested in whether our new fave, Melli, can keep performing against higher level competition. 

If it's close, look for Luka to play 40 minutes or more. Hope he gets his afternoon nap.

I can't remember, but is Utah one of the teams that try to put a wing on KP and put Gobert on a player like DFS?   Maybe not all the time, but KP is a much more of a threat from outside.   If true, Dallas needs guys like DFS to hit 2-3 threes and also need KP to take advantage of smaller defenders (if he plays)
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 11:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I can't remember, but is Utah one of the teams that try to put a wing on KP and put Gobert on a player like DFS? 

Yes
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 12:14 PM)omahen Wrote: Yes

It may be Royce O'Neil at least to start, he'll see time on Luka too.
Like Reply
Utah makes 16 3's per game, highest in the league. If they make that many or over, Good Night Irene. They usually lose when held under that. Dallas needs to make theirs to have a shot.
Like Reply
CP:  Rudy "8 Blocks" Gobert
Like Reply
(04-05-2021, 02:06 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Utah makes 16 3's per game, highest in the league. If they make that many or over, Good Night Irene. They usually lose when held under that. Dallas needs to make theirs to have a shot.

During the last game, most of the open 3's came as a result of the Mavs not being able to contain the Gobert pick and roll without involving at least a 3rd defender, and sometimes more. Since that time, Porzingis has shown a lot more willingness to fight, defensively, and I daresay the team's understanding of how to rotate to take away shooting looks has improved, too. I don't expect this to be a win tonight, but I'm very hopeful that our Mavs will at least look like they belong on the same court as the Jazz this time around.
Like Reply
I know I'll get killed for suggesting this....

Wondering if Melli, because he's a little bigger than DFS, would have any advantage in this matchup? Just spitballin' here.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/137914...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
Like Reply