Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJB - is this it?
I am trying to watch JJB very closely and I do think he looks a little off. Not quite as much lift or explosion. We will see how he does but if it takes him a year to get closer to what he was then he will be even older. I hope his minutes go to Brunson at this point. He should still be in the rotation (I think?) but Brunson to me is going to be the better option and will only improve over time.
Like Reply
He averaged 19.8 mins per game last year before the injury. I think he should be down to 10 mins per game at most to allow the young guys to grow.
Like Reply
(10-15-2019, 09:01 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am trying to watch JJB very closely and I do think he looks a little off. Not quite as much lift or explosion. We will see how he does but if it takes him a year to get closer to what he was then he will be even older. I hope his minutes go to Brunson at this point. He should still be in the rotation (I think?) but Brunson to me is going to be the better option and will only improve over time.
He's 35 and he's coming off an Achilles. I'm surprised he came back at all. No surprise if he doesn't look like he used to
Like Reply
He should have a very limited role as a number 3 PG option. Brunson proved he can step in and it would be a crime to give he minutes to JJB, unless Brunson fails and Barea shows he is still at the last year level. Offseason definitely proved the opposite. Brunson was excellent and Barea very different from last year - and not in a positive way.  

At SG minutes should be given to our best shooter and THJ. I imagine some might also be taken by Luka, who can play a 2, 3 or 4 (on the defensive end).
Like Reply