Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021 NBA DRAFT: July 29, 7 pm
We've decided during the new regime's first draft, where we have no picks,  that everything sucks and nothing has changed. Brilliant.
[-] The following 5 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41, ClutchDirk, Hogmelon, ItsGoTime, Jommybone
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:05 PM)bin610 Wrote: We love our boys in blue. No doubt.
It’s amazing how they suddenly value the kids from last year’s draft after ignoring them in a historical way for all of last year.
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:13 PM)JamesConway Wrote: It’s amazing how they suddenly value the kids from last year’s draft after ignoring them in a historical way for all of last year.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the ignorer being gone...

I'm sure that Terry would be on the block if 1) he had any value, and 2) they were jerks after his mental health struggles.
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:13 PM)JamesConway Wrote: It’s amazing how they suddenly value the kids from last year’s draft after ignoring them in a historical way for all of last year.

This has to be a joke. Who is "they"?
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:12 PM)fifteenth Wrote: We've decided during the new regime's first draft, where we have no picks,  that everything sucks and nothing has changed. Brilliant.

Of course...why would it change around here overnight...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:12 PM)fifteenth Wrote: We've decided during the new regime's first draft, where we have no picks,  that everything sucks and nothing has changed. Brilliant.

Just following the proper offseason schedule. Draft day and free agency all doom and gloom. Followed by a transition period where some of us start to talk themself into the new signings/picks. Peaking after a good summer league or pre season game.
Like Reply
We have minimal assets and no draft picks, of course draft day was gonna be boring. The best we could hope for is trading one of our young guys for an even younger guy but it seems doubtful a 2nd rounder would change anything significantly.

Free agency is where our new GM must show his work, and I'll be grading much more harshly there. No excuses with the last time we'll have cap space for a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I’m hoping it’s because we’ve already got all our tamper deals done and there aren’t any more roster spots.
Like Reply
Clippers grabbed another pick…
Like Reply
I can hardly believe that KP's trade value is so negative that they're willing to roll the dice on him becoming John Wall 2.0.
Like Reply
Crazy that all the folks that hate everything were happy when Donnie got axed and Rick left and folks that are usually more hopeful were upset. 
Now it's already flipped back to normal. I'm excited about giving Nico and Kidd a chance and the hate everything crew is already back to hating everything.
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:24 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I can hardly believe that KP's trade value is so negative that they're willing to roll the dice on him becoming John Wall 2.0.
KP's trade value will greatly improve IF he can show some improvement this season and new offensive abilities while getting back to pre-2020 rim protection. Obviously a big risk but I guess they don't feel any deal is worth it right now. Unless they actually do trade him in the next few days.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime
Like Reply

NO EFFING KIDDING.

Sometimes the absurd degree of negativity around here makes me want to vomit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
No Vrenz...
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:23 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Clippers grabbed another pick…

Remember back when Cuban would unzip his fly, flop it out and buy draft picks??  

No, I'm actually asking.  Cause at this point I don't anymore.
Like Reply
From "Donnie's Answering Machine" to "Nico's Voice Mailbox." At least the tech is a bit more advanced.
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:28 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Remember back when Cuban would unzip his fly, flop it out and buy draft picks??  

They already used some of the available cash in the Redick/Melli trade. But I agree in general. Cuban hasn´t been as willing to spend money in recent years (post championship). I always thought that he agreed to the new luxury tax rules because it would prevent other owners from winning the way he did it. Just paying luxury tax every year to make up for bad front office decisions. He still ranks top 3 in all time luxury tax payments.
Like Reply
RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Remember back when Cuban would unzip his fly, flop it out and buy draft picks??  

He did that one time and ended up with Courtney Alexander

Did it again when Nellie left and got Pokusevski...

https://youtu.be/6KXmcNfEFMI
Like Reply
There is NO WAY Indiana will take Vrenz with the 60th pick!
Like Reply
(07-29-2021, 11:38 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: He did that one time and ended up with Courtney Alexander

Did it again when Nellie left and got Pokusevski...

https://youtu.be/6KXmcNfEFMI

That's my point.  Alexander was in 2001.  TWENTY YEARS AGO.
Like Reply