Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.5 pt RAPTOR & 6.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
6 75.00%
Magic
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: ORL (6-4) @ DAL (5-4) | 112-98 win
One more thing....For what we needed, what he is and what it cost the Mavs....in a pound for pound kind of way, I can't imagine a better value get than James Johnson.  Savvy vet...tough, take no crap, can pass, make the three, good defender, can make plays....smart player (except when he gets into it and gets a tech)....but really, for what the Mavs needed....

He's not all world or all star, but that was an EXCELLENT signing.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
THJ and Burke both clearly want this Dirkie, I mean win.
Like Reply
Trey Burke getting in on the action. Way to turn it around Mavs.

(01-09-2021, 10:30 PM)DrMav Wrote: THJ and Burke both clearly want this Dirkie, I mean win.
lol. I'll take this play from both anytime. Thats an argument we as Mav fans dont mind. (or shouldnt)
Like Reply
Nice to have some hot shooting to save Mavs in another sloppy game. Orlando somehow thought it is wise to guard corners and leave THJ - Burke wide open most of the time. Cole Anthony must be one of the worst defenders in the league. WCS was soft, you have to give more resistance than that. Iwundu had a great defensive game, totally stopped Ross. 

Not the best game, but we gladly take the win Smile
Like Reply
Iwundu has finally arrived. I expect him to be the starter in the DFS role next week while he's out. I believe that would have been the case tonight but RC wanted to save him since Terrance Ross comes off the bench
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:03 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: I believe that would have been the case tonight but RC wanted to save him since Terrance Ross comes off the bench

Yeah, clearly his task was to stop Ross as Carlisle played him exact same time Ross was in. I am sure his task will be to guard Ingram on Monday.
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:03 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Iwundu has finally arrived. I expect him to be the starter in the DFS role next week while he's out. I believe that would have been the case tonight but RC wanted to save him since Terrance Ross comes off the bench

Not sure. Without DFS and Richardson the Mavs need shooting in the starting five and I do think that Green is the better shooter. Doesn´t mean that Iwundu won´t play more minutes but I think he is a better fit with the 2nd unit + THJ or Doncic.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/13...1604399107
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:10 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/13...1604399107

RC referencing +/-....

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:10 PM)omahen Wrote: https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/13...1604399107

Thanks, mavsluvr.
Like Reply
It was predictable that Iwundu would play much better than Green. He’s way more experienced.

Like I said before the game, I think starting Green would be/was all about having him with Luka 100% of the time he played.
Like Reply
Mavs win 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
THJ making me eat crow.  Dude has come up big in a couple of games where we would be toast without him.
Like Reply
I wish Green had been given a few more shots from the corner. He was all but invisible on offense.
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:53 PM)loki Wrote: I wish Green had been given a few more shots from the corner. He was all but invisible on offense.

I noticed that, too. He was constantly completely unguarded, yet his teammates didn’t even look at him.
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:40 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: THJ making me eat crow.  Dude has come up big in a couple of games where we would be toast without him.

Would he be that much essential if we had Porzingis on the floor though? or would wide open shooter trio of Maxi, Dorian, JRich and microwave Trey for 3 million$/year from the bench be enough?

Getting that much production out of a salary dump is great. I am just trying to understand how much we need and what's the value of such player for us going forward.
Like Reply
(01-10-2021, 12:00 AM)pompelmo Wrote: Would he be that much essential if we had Porzingis on the floor though? or would wide open shooter trio of Maxi, Dorian, JRich and microwave Trey for 3 million$/year from the bench be enough?

Getting that much production out of a salary dump is great. I am just trying to understand how much we need and what's the value of such player for us going forward.

Tough questions.  I'm glad it's not my job.

Maybe they canvas the league around the TDL for upgrades.  Last summer reports said we were still actively seeking third star. But if nothing pops up, could see him and JRich both back at 4/72 type deals.
Like Reply
(01-10-2021, 12:00 AM)pompelmo Wrote: Would he be that much essential if we had Porzingis on the floor though? or would wide open shooter trio of Maxi, Dorian, JRich and microwave Trey for 3 million$/year from the bench be enough?

I'm not sold that those 3 are enough long term. Dorian has really struggled shooting the 3 so far this year. That's not a great sign given that almost every shot he takes is wide open. Maxi has been incredible, but only on half the attempts compared to THJ. Burke has picked it up since the bubble, but that's a relatively small sample size. His first 6 seasons indicate that he might fall back down to earth.
Like Reply
(01-10-2021, 12:29 AM)loki Wrote: Dorian has really struggled shooting the 3 so far this year. That's not a great sign given that almost every shot he takes is wide open. 

Yeah he is shooting 32.4% on 4.6 wide open three attempts per game. Last year 40.8% and 34.3% the year before.
Like Reply
(01-09-2021, 11:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Thanks, mavsluvr.

hahahahaha, you guys slay me
Like Reply