Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
89.66%
26 89.66%
KP
0%
0 0%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Justin
0%
0 0%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Jalen
0%
0 0%
Seth
0%
0 0%
DFS
0%
0 0%
Boban
10.34%
3 10.34%
THJ
0%
0 0%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMETHREAD: MIL @ DAL, Oct 11, 7:30 pm (111-118 loss)
(10-11-2019, 08:51 PM)madmavsgirl Wrote: Yes where is Brunson?  He has looked like our 3rd best player the first two games.  If Carlisle plays JJ over Brunson this year I will be pissed.

Scheduled rest is my guess.

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...5859362816
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 08:48 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...6696732672

(10-11-2019, 08:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s the 3rd game and I still haven´t noticed that Delon Wright is on the roster. Might be his injury but I expected a little bit more. Especially on defense.

It feels to me that the players really are still trying to understand their role and place within this completely reworked hierarchy. This team is functionally starting from complete scratch in that regard.

Yeah I'm much more interested in how we'll be playing come February or so.
I'm already writing off the first half of the season. Should be some really ugly games sprinkled in there.
Like Reply
Anybody know wtf is going on?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 08:54 PM)Jym Wrote: I'm already writing off the first half of the season. Should be some really ugly games sprinkled in there.

Yep. If the Mavs are anywhere around 18-23 or better I will be THRILLED with the first half of the season.
Like Reply
All of a sudden Delon Wright shows up...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...4253247488
Like Reply
KP can get closer to the rim, his advantage is shooting over folks.  He doesn't need to take deeeep three's.
Like Reply
I know that RC wants the Mavs to shoot 3s but I don´t think he wants them to take early shot clock 3s of the dribble. Get penetration and kick it out to an open shooter. Play some pick and pop.
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 09:06 PM)Hypermav Wrote: KP can get closer to the rim, his advantage is shooting over folks.  He doesn't need to take deeeep three's.

He has some THJ in him. Hopefully he can change his style up to something that makes sense
Like Reply
Can we please put this Post All Star Break "collapse" by Luka once and for all...

Post All Star Break 

Luka 23 points, 7 assists, 10 rebounds
Trae  25 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds

That's BULL crap that Luka collapsed and Trae made a case.  The truth is that Trae Young was able to get close to Luka's level for 2 months, after the 4 other starters from the Mavs got traded for people who didn't play.
Like Reply
When I watch THJ I instantly miss Wes... At least he had a decent 3 point percentage and played defense.

Why TF is Seth not getting all of THJ's minutes?

Delon plays like a 10 day contract guy who you never remember had a 10 day contract that one time

Definitely want to know where Brunson is!
Like Reply
Delon definitely limping....likely the hamstring.
Like Reply
Where I stand, KP's rust is shown on the defensive end.  I've seen 2 pre-season games and he's challenged 2 shots that I've seen, with zero blocks.  It's the timing there.  When that comes back, it's going to be a lot better.
Like Reply
I must have summoned the guys I needed to see. Brunson and Seth now on their way into the game! Woot
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 09:15 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Why TF is Seth not getting all of THJ's minutes?

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING to me as well. Have to think they are trying to make sure THJ's contract doesn't become complete dead weight by benching him. Just my guess. Seth is SO much better on BOTH ends.
Like Reply
wow, that was terrible so far. Outside of Luka I only have THJ and Bobi as a decent contributor, at least on the offensive side. No one can hit a corner three, a gazillion turnovers, they look lost on both sides of the court. Delon is totally lost. KP needs to get closer here and there...
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 09:18 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Where I stand, KP's rust is shown on the defensive end.  I've seen 2 pre-season games and he's challenged 2 shots that I've seen, with zero blocks.  It's the timing there.  When that comes back, it's going to be a lot better.

I think he is struggling to understand where he fits in the flow offense as well. Just lots of rust from a basketball fluidity standpoint.
Like Reply
(10-11-2019, 09:18 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Where I stand, KP's rust is shown on the defensive end.  I've seen 2 pre-season games and he's challenged 2 shots that I've seen, with zero blocks.  It's the timing there.  When that comes back, it's going to be a lot better.

He looks like he might be scared to get off the floor in any situation outside of shooting from deep.

He's had many opportunities to dunk the ball off the dribble or go for a block playing on ball defense.

I can understand him being a little scared to leave the floor but he's going to have to get over that for us to get the KP we need!
Like Reply
Ilyasova puke
Like Reply
Porzingis movement right now reminds me a lot of Dirk in his younger days. Really good speed from end to end but mediocre lateral quickness and acceleration.
Hope that he gets better as the season progresses.
Like Reply