Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.0 pt RAPTOR & 8.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
8 100.00%
Hornets
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4: CHA (2-2) @ DAL (1-3) | 99-118 loss
Stop making excuses like no pre-season, empty arenas, no veteran leadership, too young. The most veteran player on their bench was Miles Bridges. Their S5 didn´t have more expierence than ours. They simply outplayed and outcoached us. The team sucked on defense. The team sucked on offense. That´s why they lost.
Like Reply
Starters need to be split up by yesterday.
Like Reply
(12-30-2020, 10:17 PM)Playmaker Wrote:  If you are a contender or even a playoff team you don't get your ass beat by the Charlotte's of the world.

Contender, playoff team or not, these games happen during the course of a long season. Teams lose games their suppose to win, and win games their suppose to lose.  Just how it is bruh. The Lakers are champs, and I bet they lose a game or two against a inferior opponent.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 03:43 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Stop making excuses like no pre-season, empty arenas, no veteran leadership, too young. The most veteran player on their bench was Miles Bridges. Their S5 didn´t have more expierence than ours. They simply outplayed and outcoached us. The team sucked on defense. The team sucked on offense. That´s why they lost.

Some of those points are valid, though, because they aren’t meant comparatively to the Mavs’ OPPONENTS. They’re meant comparatively to LAST SEASON’s Mavs. 

I think searching for causes of unexpected things is kind of what the human mind does. Sorry it bothers you so much, but it’s predictable that we’re going to want to discuss theories like those here, on the Mavs Forum, lol.

(12-31-2020, 09:44 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: The Lakers are champs, and I bet they lose a game or two against a inferior opponent.

They already have, in fact.

I think what has everyone on edge is that the team has officially looked worse than expected in three of their first four games. I don’t think anyone’s pushing the panic button just yet, but I’d be lying if I said this thrilled me.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 03:50 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Starters need to be split up by yesterday.

Pleez
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 01:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Some of those points are valid, though, because they aren’t meant comparatively to the Mavs’ OPPONENTS. They’re meant comparatively to LAST SEASON’s Mavs. 

I think searching for causes of unexpected things is kind of what the human mind does. Sorry it bothers you so much, but it’s predictable that we’re going to want to discuss theories like those here, on the Mavs Forum, lol.

They already have, in fact.

I think what has everyone on edge is that the team has officially looked worse than expected in three of their first four games. I don’t think anyone’s pushing the panic button just yet, but I’d be lying if I said this thrilled me.
Well we have discuseed plenty of reasons already. 

Injuries, lack of overall talent to compensate, no minutes for the rookies (Green has looked like he deserves some), hard to say how much Carlisle has declined and has simply become predictable.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 09:44 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Contender, playoff team or not, these games happen during the course of a long season. Teams lose games their suppose to win, and win games their suppose to lose.  Just how it is bruh. The Lakers are champs, and I bet they lose a game or two against a inferior opponent.

Out of 4 games the Mavs have looked not just bad, but inexcusably bad in 3 of them.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the opponent. They gave the Lakers 35 second chance points and were simply out hustled in every single possession. In PHX they couldn't score a basket to save their lives and multiple people in the gamethread (myself included) felt PHX should be blowing the Mavs out.

What I don't understand is how a team that can look so unstoppable against a high quality opponent (even without Kawhi), can come out and look like a bottom feeder the next game. There is something intensely wrong with this team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 02:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: That was legit some of the worst basketball I have ever seen in a long long time.

I was actually screaming at my TV to bench Luka. I was screaming at Rick for his inane choices at what I felt were key momentum points in the game. I was screaming whenever Burke missed a wide open 3. I was screaming at the refs (of course but I mean cmon).

I am so tired of Jalen Brunson on this team. He is one of the most selfish players I've ever had the displeasure to watch. For a point guard, all he does is put his head down and try to "get his". And whenever he does try to pass its either to the wrong player on the court which leads to the offense resetting, or a turnover. I could deal with it when he was a rookie and this team was tanking. I could deal with it when it was his 2nd year and he got spot minutes at the 1 or 2. I cannot deal with it this year. My patience has ran out for him. Its annoying because I felt like he never exhibited these sort of tendencies this much his previous 2 years. It's like he's a totally different player.

Trey Burke is THJ on steroids. He can be microwave hot or he can be colder than 0 Kelvin. Tonight was the latter. I don't see how relying on him is a smart choice for the bench.

This entire team looks like they haven't learned a thing in 4 games. The same damn mistakes from games 1 and 2. The offense still looks so broken. I don't know how many times these dudes missed WIDE OPEN shots that Luka set up.

They showed zero pride. And it troubles me because I would think that Carlisle would actually try and rally the team at halftime with a speech. This was a "Fuck you for believing in us" game. I'm disgusted. Very rarely have I ever wanted to turn off the TV watching a Mavs game. This was one of those few times I nearly did.\

Also. This team is too young with no veteran leadership. James Johnson is the most elder statesman and he's 33.

I'm telling you, trading for George Hill would solve several of our problems.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 01:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: What I don't understand is how a team that can look so unstoppable against a high quality opponent (even without Kawhi), can come out and look like a bottom feeder the next game. There is something intensely wrong with this team.

Clippers had a historically bad half of basketball.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 03:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm telling you, trading for George Hill would solve several of our problems.

I've been interested in the Mavs acquiring him since he was on the Spurs. Has he been playing well since bouncing around the league?
Like Reply
Folks, a big contributor to the Mavs' woes is poor execution of the fundamentals of the game.  You just can't have this many lapses of fundamental aspects of the game, and expect to win NBA games. 

If you don't block out, rebound, set effective picks, move without the ball, and go aggressively to the rim -- you are not going to be very successful.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 03:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm telling you, trading for George Hill would solve several of our problems.
 Like what to do with our future draft picks. We are talking Presti here.

The problem is Burke was useful in the bubble, because Brunson was out. Now we really don´t need them both and just like in the bubble we are a 7´3 guy short. Yes we won that 4th game, but we got absolutely hammered in games 5 + 6. We might simply be a lottery team without Porzingis, which only strengthen the argument for the 3rd guy.
Like Reply
(12-31-2020, 04:08 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:  Like what to do with our future draft picks. We are talking Presti here.

The problem is Burke was useful in the bubble, because Brunson was out. Now we really don´t need them both and just like in the bubble we are a 7´3 guy short. Yes we won that 4th game, but we got absolutely hammered in games 5 + 6. We might simply be a lottery team without Porzingis, which only strengthen the argument for the 3rd guy.
I've never fully been against a 3rd star. I'm firmly in the camp of get better players on our team. I very much hate not making a move that upgrades the team so we can have a clear path to that one guy. I think there are multiple paths to contention and having higher quality players in the starting unit is one of them that is easier to get than that 1 elusive guy.
Like Reply