Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs
Reported by the Associated Press circa April 2021. . .

If Carlisle continues to run the same old **** from last season. Mark my words, without a significant KP presence, Luka's inability to improve his 3PT shot (and weight management), and other teams vastly improving. . . Carlisle will have nowhere to hide and guide our beloved Mavs to the lottery, or should I say the gift the Knicks with an early Christmas present. 

10 less games to cover ground, tight Western Conference, I smell trouble.
Like Reply
Took less than 20 minutes for a reactionary knee jerk thread to start the season. Congrats for the new record time.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9802682]
Like Reply
Where is VintagePeja? I miss the team tank threads. This  isn´t even funny.
Like Reply
Start Brunson! Bench Luka! Fire RC!
Like Reply
[Image: Jordan.jpg]
Like Reply
I'm not going to overreact, but I will say it's beyond disappointing that Luka doesn't take care of his body like a mvp/ generational talent should. A player of his caliber should be in phenomenal shape year round.
Like Reply
(12-24-2020, 04:38 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm not going to overreact, but I will say it's beyond disappointing that Luka doesn't take care of his body like a mvp/ generational talent should. A player of his caliber should be in phenomenal shape year round.

He needs to look no further than the guy he plays Friday night. Have to admit, LeBron treats his chisled body like a temple. 36 years old and his body looks 10 years younger.
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3orif3VHjB.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
First game of the season...
Luka outta shape...
KP recovering from surgery...
Powell playing his first real game while still recovering...
Richardson's first real game as a Mav...
Powell playing Center and DFS playing PF...
Shots not falling...

Must be only one logical decision to fix this problem...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT5LMXZiK2.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I needed a laugh this morning

Thanks for the thread!
Like Reply
Is that a real pic?!?! Doncic definitely looks heavy footed and slow but that pic makes him look 20+ pounds overweight. You don’t drop 20 pounds overnight.

Brings up something this team may not need but they certainly lacks — a veteran who can hold Doncic accountable. Like it or not this is Luka’s team and it will take on his personality. There is no Chris Paul, Westbrook or Jimmy Butler To kick everyone’s ass in practice. 

That could be a good thing if the team is fun loving, youthfully exuberant and winning. 

But not if it’s immature, fat & happy.
Like Reply
(12-24-2020, 10:08 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Is that a real pic?!?!

Of course. You should see him first day of practice...
Like Reply
(12-24-2020, 10:08 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Is that a real pic?!?!
 you can't be serious...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Knee jerk reaction for sure. Not a great game but how many teams are going to look great without their 2nd best player?
Like Reply
(12-24-2020, 01:29 AM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Reported by the Associated Press circa April 2021. . .

If Carlisle continues to run the same old **** from last season. Mark my words, without a significant KP presence, Luka's inability to improve his 3PT shot (and weight management), and other teams vastly improving. . . Carlisle will have nowhere to hide and guide our beloved Mavs to the lottery, or should I say the gift the Knicks with an early Christmas present. 

10 less games to cover ground, tight Western Conference, I smell trouble.

Massive L
Like Reply
(12-24-2020, 04:29 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: Jordan.jpg]

That weight that Jokic lost... it looks like Luka found it. 

Though I figured we were in for a rough start without KP at the start of the season so I'm not panicking. Felt like kind of a missed opportunity though because for once Booker actually looked off against us.
Like Reply
Truth is we had no business being in that game the way we played...

When the schedule released I predicted an 0-3 start, so I am not selecting between Sherman's and Abram's just yet!
Like Reply
The Mavs have started slow I feel like for many years now, usually bc our roster isn't that good.
Like Reply
(12-25-2020, 01:56 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The Mavs have started slow I feel like for many years now, usually bc our roster isn't that good.

Never forget going 0-4 to start the 06/07 season, and the subsequently ending the year off going 67-11.
Like Reply