Poll: Who is the better player RIGHT NOW?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harrison Barnes
52.17%
12 52.17%
Justin Jackson
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson
I believe that HB is still a better player - at this point.  He was a 40% 3pt shooter last year and I think is still viewed as a stronger defender.  However, I think it is a no-brainer that JJack provides a better VALUE for the Mavs due to his lower salary.  For HB's cash, the Mavs have fit in JJack/Curry/DWright.  That is an upgrade to the roster.  

Things I like about having JJack vs Barnes are that he is a role player and the offense is allowed to find him, rather than the Mavs forcing HB to be a creator - which is not his strength.  While I think this COULD have been accomplished with HB, (and to an extent IS happening with him in SAC), I think he is overpaid in that role.  For 25M, you need your player to be able to have a dominant skillset.  He is a well rounded role player - not a star. JJack can fill that role and still allow the Mavs to fill out the roster.

All that said, JJack is certainly an ascending player.  While most role players get exposed with more playing time, he gets more time and thrives and has a track record of that fact coming from SAC.  When he plays a lot, he gets MORE efficient and productive.  That is just not the case with many players.  So, I look forward to seeing this season play out and what he can grow into.  I think if he starts, he will certainly be looked to as the third option, albeit an opportunistic one (spot up 3's and slashing to the basket).  I don't see them running plays for him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson - by Kammrath - 10-09-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson - by Mavsfan12 - 10-09-2019, 09:53 AM
RE: Harrison Barnes vs. Justin Jackson - by Jym - 10-09-2019, 02:15 PM