Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy basketball league
Yoooo, glad to be back (thought I was banned). Anyone interested in a friendly basketball fantasy draft league? If there are enough guys (10+ guys I think would be nice)  we can make a draft league for this board. If you like the idea, please comment with your e-mail address (I'll probably use Yahoo Sports). We can discuss draft time and settings once it gathered some players.
Like Reply
This is a great idea...thank you...I may join if I get some free time...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I'm in a couple of leagues but could probably do another.

Looking for replacement teams in one of those leagues if anyone is interested as well. You would pick 2 keepers.
Like Reply
I'd be game for a friendly Mavs community fantasy b ball league. Dibs on Luka.

I'll monitor this thread for a critical mass and send you a PM with my email once we're looking ready. Obviously we'll need to move quick with games starting so soon.
Like Reply
I might be up for this. I've only tried it once, and while I was used to fantasy football at the time, I kept forgetting to mess with my team on days when the Mavs weren't playing, so I kept sending lineups out with guys who weren't playing that night, while having the active guys on the bench. 

It was a long time ago, but I think it was through db.com, and someone here kept breaking my balls about it. I think it might've been @"Scott41theMavs", but I'm not sure.
Like Reply
I'd be up for it!
Like Reply
I did a season long roto league last year which was pretty fun before everything went to hell
Like Reply
I’d be very much up for it, if you’ll have me...
Like Reply
I suppose we'd need a commissioner for this conversation to get real. 

Anyone interested in that responsibility?
Like Reply
I'll defer to aguiar95 seeing as he created the thread, but I have run a number of leagues in the past and would be willing to do so again. I've used ESPN fantasy in the past, but found Fantrax to be a fairly effective platform as well last season.
Like Reply
I would be interested in joining a roto league, if that is what you all decide.  Thanks!
Like Reply
Since I've never run a league, I leave it up to @"Luka_Magic" if he wants to (experienced moderator). Nice to see it gathering more interest. Here's the list so far:

Luka_Magic (commissioner)
aguiar95
ClutchDirk (if he finds the time xD)
madmavsgirl
KillerLeft
SkenFromLMF
Derek Nowitzki
DaRiv

We should start discussing draft day (if anyone participating has any restriction). I feel the settings (Rotisserie) are mostly the same in every platform, if you found Fantrax to be better, let's use it.
Like Reply
Two questions:

1) How many people do we need for the optimal experience?

2) What will I get when I win this thing?
Like Reply
Cool. You should be able to follow the link below to access and register in the preliminary league page I've set up. I'll make some adjustments to the roster in the coming days but for now we're looking at a season-long roto league similar to the way most MLB leagues are organized. 

We have a couple of options for the draft. We could set it up as a live in-person draft with a quicker timeline between picks, or go with a more leisurely approach wherein we begin the draft sometime this week once the league has filled up (say, Thursday), and set the timer to something like an 8-hour increment. This would allow us to draft over a number of days without requiring that everyone get together at the same time. If we did want to schedule a draft night and hash it all out in one sitting I can set a doodle poll up to see what would work best for everyone.

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/jo...isSubmit=y

I'd suggest we try and get 10-12 players if possible. What's most important is that people maintain their commitment to the league so that it's competitive. The winner gets A) bragging rights B) and the inagural MavsForum Fantasy Dirkie Award.
Like Reply
I would like to play if there is still room
Like Reply
I would join too! Sounds like fun
Like Reply
I am interested in joining as well. I'm a member of the leagues from DB.com as well. Very active and good at fantasy hoops.

(12-08-2020, 02:32 AM)LukasWorld77 Wrote: I am interested in joining as well. I'm a member of the leagues from DB.com as well. Very active and good at fantasy hoops.
mikegideon32@yahoo.com if you would like to send invite..
Like Reply
Looks like only 5 people have set up their teams. Follow the link above and register if you're interested, my guys!
Like Reply
Am I blind? Don't see the link.
Free Jalen Brunson!
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 05:06 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: Cool. You should be able to follow the link below to access and register in the preliminary league page I've set up. I'll make some adjustments to the roster in the coming days but for now we're looking at a season-long roto league similar to the way most MLB leagues are organized. 

We have a couple of options for the draft. We could set it up as a live in-person draft with a quicker timeline between picks, or go with a more leisurely approach wherein we begin the draft sometime this week once the league has filled up (say, Thursday), and set the timer to something like an 8-hour increment. This would allow us to draft over a number of days without requiring that everyone get together at the same time. If we did want to schedule a draft night and hash it all out in one sitting I can set a doodle poll up to see what would work best for everyone.

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/jo...isSubmit=y

I'd suggest we try and get 10-12 players if possible. What's most important is that people maintain their commitment to the league so that it's competitive. The winner gets A) bragging rights B) and the inagural MavsForum Fantasy Dirkie Award.

This one, @"madmavsgirl"
Like Reply