Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (TEST) Color Theme Option
Testing new color themes for the site since it has been mentioned by some before as a suggestion...

Try it out and leave an honest opinion...will add more as I gather info to give more options if they are liked...trying to keep it down to a minimum bit want to make this better for everyone...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Definitely looks cool. I just hope everyone's text is visible with this one.
Like Reply
(12-05-2020, 05:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Definitely looks cool. I just hope everyone's text is visible with this one.

Was one of the main issues that was raised that I can help fix for Magick...

SBJ is going to test some on his board and see what could work here potentially...trying to find 1 or 2 that help make the site easier or better for all...
Like Reply
Any suggestions on theme color scheme types?...
Like Reply
Looks good, but some quoted posts are hard to read.

I probably prefer the lighter look personally and don’t see a way to switch it back
Like Reply
Looks good to me.
Like Reply
(12-05-2020, 09:54 PM)DrMav Wrote: Looks good, but some quoted posts are hard to read.

I probably prefer the lighter look personally and don’t see a way to switch it back

I had the same problem. The switch theme icon is gone. Also struggled to open my personal settings. When I finally was able to do that I found the option to reverse it.
Like Reply
(12-05-2020, 10:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I had the same problem. The switch theme icon is gone. Also struggled to open my personal settings. When I finally was able to do that I found the option to reverse it.

I had trouble finding the option to switch it back to light.
Like Reply
Thanks for the input...I will try and improve it tomorrow and add another test themr for SBJ to test on his site...
Like Reply
Prefer dark print with a light background over the light print over the dark background. My old eyes can't see the quoted text.
Like Reply
(12-05-2020, 11:40 PM)david75090 Wrote: Prefer dark print with a light background over the light print over the dark background. My old eyes can't see the quoted text.

Will see if I can add that type of theme also to my list...
Like Reply
Reminds me of Discord
Like Reply
For my eyes old dark is more easy readable and much faster to load.
Site with Test dark Th on my side needs much much more time to load, maybe needs more resources, bandwidth ..
Thank you for working for all of us
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 03:49 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: For my eyes old dark is more easy readable and much faster to load.
Site with Test dark Th on my side needs much much more time to load, maybe needs more resources, bandwidth ..
Thank you for working for all of us

Thanks for your time letting me know what you think..

Is the current dark good for you or could it be better?
Like Reply
I'm all for experimentation with colors, but the THEME change actually moved a lot of other stuff around that freaked me out. I changed back right away, once I found the place to do it (was hard to find, like others mentioned). 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18154961]
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 04:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm all for experimentation with colors, but the THEME change actually moved a lot of other stuff around that freaked me out. I changed back right away, once I found the place to do it (was hard to find, like others mentioned). 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18154961]

Ok so just color changes?...thats much easier...
Like Reply
That would be my vote, @"ClutchDirk" but if you or others think something else could be better, I'm up for trying it.
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 03:55 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Thanks for your time letting me know what you think..

Is the current dark good for you or could it be better?

There is no thing in this universe that could not be done better ... I am ok with the existing dark theme, but please keep playing with the options you have, we will tell you our opinion, which will probably vary from user to user. The only thing that bothers me about the existing dark theme is when someone copies the text from elsewhere the fonts stay dark and are not visible to me on a dark background. If that helps ..
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 04:24 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: There is no thing in this universe that could not be done better ... I am ok with the existing dark theme, but please keep playing with the options you have, we will tell you our opinion, which will probably vary from user to user. The only thing that bothers me about the existing dark theme is when someone copies the text from elsewhere the fonts stay dark and are not visible to me on a dark background. If that helps ..

Thank you...I use a light theme so I never experienced that issue...exactly what I'm trying to fix
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 04:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That would be my vote, @"ClutchDirk" but if you or others think something else could be better, I'm up for trying it.

I'm trying to fix the issue on seeing items done not showing up plus seeing 1 by 1 if any other theme add ins might please some to be able to use without going overboard and cluttered...

May very well wind up just being tweaks but time and experience gain will help...Im going to invest some time in making myself smarter on doing those things...

Not trying to reinvent the wheel just make it smoother...
Like Reply