Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SITE IS MOVING: to MavsBoard.com | Login issues?
Hey Kamm change the Mods to a non blue Mav color...it is causing issues with the Lunorian theme that I had fixed for several posters...where the username is in a navy blue background I cannot see Killer or Hero's username on their posts...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
@"ClutchDirk" will do
Like Reply
They are now the Mavs official silver color...
Like Reply
Perfect Kamm...
Like Reply
sign smileys
Like Reply
free smileys
Like Reply
I get logged out whenever I close the site even when I set it to save my login, not sure what the deal is with that.
Like Reply
That new link seems to have done the trick for me, i.e., I'm logged in automatically when clicking on it.
Like Reply
(02-10-2021, 10:32 PM)Branduil Wrote: I get logged out whenever I close the site even when I set it to save my login, not sure what the deal is with that.

You need to replace your bookmark.
Like Reply
Hey, great job, pals, on setting up a new site!

Did you guys get ahold of the same software...this looks just like Magick's site! I have no web development experience at all, so I may have just asked a dumb question.
Like Reply
SBJ, Clutch, FYI, this funny thing happens when I close out the browser and come back. The site tells me I'm logged out, but if I click the "MavsForum" banner, or the board I want to enter, then it says I'm logged in.
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 02:03 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hey, great job, pals, on setting up a new site!

Did you guys get ahold of the same software...this looks just like Magick's site! I have no web development experience at all, so I may have just asked a dumb question.

SBJ was able to download the old forum software to this site...
Like Reply
(02-13-2021, 05:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: SBJ, Clutch, FYI, this funny thing happens when I close out the browser and come back. The site tells me I'm logged out, but if I click the "MavsForum" banner, or the board I want to enter, then it says I'm logged in.

Yep -- there's something off with the login credentials on the simple mavsboard.com domain. But change your bookmark to the link in the banner or pointing directly to the main forum and the login will work just fine.
Like Reply
Sorry, but I don´t want to read the whole thread. Can someone help me please, I can´t log in from my phone, at all. What can I do?
Like Reply
(02-19-2021, 03:57 PM)Thukydides Wrote: Sorry, but I don´t want to read the whole thread. Can someone help me please, I can´t log in from my phone, at all. What can I do?

Same here
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 11:19 AM)Tyler Wrote: I found something new that may point to a solution for the login issues.

Every time I open a new window or even a new tab in Chrome and go to Mavsboard.com, the site shows me as logged out. But strangely, it still recognizes me on the "browsing this forum" list. And the simple act of clicking the logo at the top of the page logs me in.

The logo points to mavsboard.com/index.php. If I change my bookmark to that instead of mavsboard.com, I'm logged in and everything works fine.

So the mods might want to look at how the cookies are working for mavsboard.com with and without the /index.php. And in the meantime, everyone might try changing their bookmarks to the longer link and see if that helps.

Bump
Like Reply
(02-07-2021, 01:40 PM)bin610 Wrote: The only way I was able to get my login to work was by completely clearing my browsing data in Chrome (the browser I mainly use). Clearing cache multiple times didn't work for me.

Bump
Like Reply
(02-06-2021, 06:00 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: For anyone having issues on mobile I used my email instead of username and i was able to login...

Bump
Like Reply
Neither mail nor deleting browser history helped. But I could log in after changing the theme to "desktop".
Like Reply
(02-05-2021, 11:39 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Current site owner is unable to keep this site going due to health issues...poster S BJ has created a new site where a backup of this will be installed...

Hey @"Magickian",

I just want to let you know that my thoughts are with you and I really wish that, however your situation might be, you always look at things with at least the hope and confidence that you gave to all of us here.

You are our hero! You saved us all and kept us together. We wouldn't be here without you - there wouldn't be an us without you. That impact you made can hardly be put into words, but at the very least you made this world an important bit better for everyone of us.

And you can already see your baby growing: it's taking care of itself with the same spirit that you've exemplified and is now able to stand on its own feet. You took care for all of us when we needed it. So you can be really proud about yourself and what you've created. I am!
Like Reply