Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SITE IS MOVING: to MavsBoard.com | Login issues?
(02-09-2021, 09:38 AM)Hypermav Wrote: I changed emails to see if that would stop the mismatch.  It did not.  Log in with User Name did not change the mismatch.  (I had been logging in with my email)

Not sure anything else to do on my end.  Still have to log in every time and get the mismatch message.  Not a big deal but likely if there is a fix it will be on the admin side.

I will go look at the support forum for the mybb software and see if there are any others who have had a similar issue on their sites later today...

No promises but I will try my best...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Yes, at this point, I can log in with either my old username or the new one I created for the new site(using the same password for each username).  But the old username, mtrot, is what appears at the top of the page once logged in, regardless of which username I use when logging in.  And I do have to log in again every day.  It seems like there is some sort of time period after which the system doesn't remember me.
Like Reply
I found something new that may point to a solution for the login issues.

Every time I open a new window or even a new tab in Chrome and go to Mavsboard.com, the site shows me as logged out. But strangely, it still recognizes me on the "browsing this forum" list. And the simple act of clicking the logo at the top of the page logs me in.

The logo points to mavsboard.com/index.php. If I change my bookmark to that instead of mavsboard.com, I'm logged in and everything works fine.

So the mods might want to look at how the cookies are working for mavsboard.com with and without the /index.php. And in the meantime, everyone might try changing their bookmarks to the longer link and see if that helps.
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 11:19 AM)Tyler Wrote: I found something new that may point to a solution for the login issues.

Every time I open a new window or even a new tab in Chrome and go to Mavsboard.com, the site shows me as logged out. But strangely, it still recognizes me on the "browsing this forum" list. And the simple act of clicking the logo at the top of the page logs me in.

The logo points to mavsboard.com/index.php. If I change my bookmark to that instead of mavsboard.com, I'm logged in and everything works fine.

So the mods might want to look at how the cookies are working for mavsboard.com with and without the /index.php. And in the meantime, everyone might try changing their bookmarks to the longer link and see if that helps.

I just tried to retrace all of this and it worked exactly the same way.
Like Reply
https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

I made this page my bookmark and it fixed all my issues.  No mismatch errors and I don't have to log in every time.
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 01:49 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

I made this page my bookmark and it fixed all my issues.  No mismatch errors and I don't have to log in every time.

Can others try this and report if it worked for you or not also...
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 02:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Can others try this and report if it worked for you or not also...

I just bookmarked that page, we'll see.
Like Reply
Making a new bookmark solved all issues for me. Well done.
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 01:49 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

https://media.giphy.com/media/SSKTbsoJT7.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
Someone is playing with the username colors Smile
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 07:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Someone is playing with the username colors Smile

Angel
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 11:19 AM)Tyler Wrote: everyone might try changing their bookmarks to the longer link and see if that helps.
Tyler figured it out.  Now if the Mavs can just match our passion here Smile
Like Reply
@"ClutchDirk" why are the user names red? Are we Rockets fans now??
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 08:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"ClutchDirk" why are the user names red? Are we Rockets fans now??
Trying to fix an issue with the Lunorian theme...will set a better color after dinner...
Like Reply

people say every stuff but this worked for me  Smile

(02-09-2021, 08:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: @"ClutchDirk" why are the user names red? Are we Rockets fans now??

Hawks  Big Grin
Like Reply

1. If anyone wants to try it the Lunorian theme was updated today and should work better now..
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 11:19 AM)Tyler Wrote: I found something new that may point to a solution for the login issues.

Yeah I had forgotten that minor snafu

I fixed it the same way and didn't even think about it
Like Reply
Everybody's username is appearing green for me besides other mods. Is anyone else experiencing that or just me?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Update: Everyone's names are back to normal now except mods, which are now dark blue. Very interesting...
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-10-2021, 12:47 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Update: Everyone's names are back to normal now except mods, which are now dark blue. Very interesting...

I am using the official Mavs colors for the different groups.
Like Reply