Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAMES: Dec 17 MIN 730pm
(12-12-2020, 11:31 PM)omahen Wrote: DFS is not playing PF on defense. Tonight, Powell was on GA and Luka was on Lopez. DFS got Middleton and JRich Holiday. They were hiding THJ on DiVinzenzo. 

Offensivelly doesn't matter, because three guys are basically standing on the three point line waiting for Luka pass out of the Powell PnR.

Ya I didn't like anything about that lineup.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...4247668740
Like Reply
Seems pretty clear that Carlisle stuck with the first, second and third teams as they had been defined in practice as much as possible for game 1. 

I think I'll be surprised if he doesn't change a few things up for game two, especially given that they're facing the same opponent. Seems like a great opportunity to observe different combinations in a very similar situation.
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 04:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think I'll be surprised if he doesn't change a few things up for game two, especially given that they're facing the same opponent. Seems like a great opportunity to observe different combinations in a very similar situation.

If Powell keeps putting up a disappearance act, I can see WCS or Maxi running with the first unit.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...1703067648
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 08:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:  

If Powell keeps putting up a disappearance act, I can see WCS or Maxi running with the first unit.

Not totally ready to give up on Powell yet (obviously - one game), but I'd welcome the chance to see what that first group looks like with WCS out there instead of him. 

I'm NOT enthusiastic about seeing WCS and Powell play TOGETHER.

In the end, we've got to trust Carlisle to figure this out. The pieces are there. WCS, Powell, Kleber and Boban are all useful at the 5, albeit in different situations. Kleber, Powell, Johnson and DFS can all hold their own at the 4, too. Finding the ideal permutations of those choices based on how they do with different guard/wing combos is what he gets paid to do. I'm sure he'll fiddle with it more than we want him to, but he'll get there.
Like Reply
(12-13-2020, 08:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:  

Would like to see WCS get a chance to start.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1338531143256322123
Like Reply
Surely Rick isn't going to start Powell on Giannis, that was just embarrassing and unfair. I bet he starts Powell again but puts him on Lopez and then starts Maxi on Giannis. With Rick you never know, it's preseason of course so he could just be like whatevs and still start DFS with Powell. I doubt Powell gets benched, if anyone does it would probably be DFS.

I am predicting a Powell dunk tonight.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 12:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1338531143256322123

Damn.
Like Reply
I know KD has had twice as long to recover as Powell, but KD absolutely still looks like he always has and he's still explosive. Powell looks like a shell of his former self athletically (so far). I truly hope that changes. Maybe he's just a little gun shy to really go all out yet.
Like Reply
Just so everyone knows, we're trying out Discord tonight instead of a gamethread

Here's the Discord link for the game chat: 

https://discord.com/channels/78481193371...4146232352
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 06:09 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Powell looks like a shell of his former self athletically (so far).

I'll simply go on record that I didn't share the same impression of Powell. I thought he was moving great even if he didn't get a chance to test the leaping ability. But we'll see when we get a larger sample size than a few minutes in the first preseason game.
Like Reply
why does powell have a green light to shoot 3s? its a wasted possession smh.
Like Reply
Powell simply can't start. Doncic have NO mid-range game.
Like Reply
JAMES FREAKIN JOHNSON WITH THE PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT THE CRAP?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Mavs kicking it into gear. Josh Richardson is looking GREAT!
Like Reply
Can't join the Discord chat, just goes to the initial page. Doncic clearly unconfortable with his shirt. Richardson is starting for my fantasy team EASY MONEY.
Like Reply
Don't want to overreact to a couple preseason games but Josh Richardson looks like a great fit so far.
Like Reply
The discord link above just opens the site, but doesn't subscribe you to the channel...can you guys fix that?

I'm so liking Josh Richardson and James Johnson right now...

Luka freakin Doncic
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply