Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Aron Baynes to TOR | 2-years 14.3M
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...44481?s=19

Alas, what could have been...
Like Reply
That's a bit much for Aron Baynes. I guess the sticking point was the years. Mavs probably didn't want to give an additional 7 mil heading into next year's offseason. 

Lets hope WCS at 6 mil is worth it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Plumlee got 3/$25.  I think that's a good deal for Baynes.  Plus he'll see a pretty big role in Toronto.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 09:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's a bit much for Aron Baynes. I guess the sticking point was the years. Mavs probably didn't want to give an additional 7 mil heading into next year's offseason. 

I think second year is a team option or not guaranteed.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 09:40 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Plumlee got 3/$25.  I think that's a good deal for Baynes.  Plus he'll see a pretty big role in Toronto.

No idea how Plumlee keeps getting paid. He must be a coach's dream or something.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 09:15 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's a bit much for Aron Baynes. I guess the sticking point was the years. Mavs probably didn't want to give an additional 7 mil heading into next year's offseason. 

$6 mil?
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 10:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 09:40 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Plumlee got 3/$25.  I think that's a good deal for Baynes.  Plus he'll see a pretty big role in Toronto.

No idea how Plumlee keeps getting paid. He must be a coach's dream or something.

You could say the same for WCS. At least Plumlee hustles and is good passer.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 11:50 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You could say the same for WCS. At least Plumlee hustles and is good passer.

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 11:14 PM)cow Wrote: $6 mil?

Whoops. My bad, I was just rambling. I was using the rest of the MLE after the Burke deal which would've been around 6-7 mil. I gave the rest to WCS.

He's making close to 4 mil obviously. Still a lot for WCS. If Baynes 2nd year is a team option then I'd be pretty mad.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I would never forget the playoff game with Plumlee didn't defend his man on rotation. Forgot who he was man-to-man (Kawhi?) but he didn't communicate and his lack of D resulted in the easy 3 for the win. Good hustle guy but in clutch situation, I would not want him.

Baynes, on the other hand, excellent pick and roll guy, especially for his frame. Doesn't score you the most points but does all the other things very well. Raptors lost an NBA champ in Ibaka, but gain another former NBA champ (2014 Spurs) in Baynes.
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 01:13 AM)FunkBoreland Wrote: I would never forget the playoff game with Plumlee didn't defend his man on rotation. Forgot who he was man-to-man (Kawhi?) but he didn't communicate and his lack of D resulted in the easy 3 for the win. Good hustle guy but in clutch situation, I would not want him.

Baynes, on the other hand, excellent pick and roll guy, especially for his frame. Doesn't score you the most points but does all the other things very well. Raptors lost an NBA champ in Ibaka, but gain another former NBA champ (2014 Spurs) in Baynes.

I think this was the Anthony Davis 3 for the win against Denver - that is how we will remember him (so far at least)
Like Reply
(11-23-2020, 12:16 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 11:14 PM)cow Wrote: $6 mil?

Whoops. My bad, I was just rambling. I was using the rest of the MLE after the Burke deal which would've been around 6-7 mil. I gave the rest to WCS.

He's making close to 4 mil obviously. Still a lot for WCS. If Baynes 2nd year is a team option then I'd be pretty mad.

4 mil is a lot of art supplies for WCS.
Like Reply
Sometimes I get the feeling you guys are not aware of there being 3 Plumlees Smile

Mason is just very solid. MLE is kinda fine for him. Not sure about DETs plans, but I can easily see a way I prefer Mason at 25mio to Wood at 41mio.

WCS by the way is a win to me. He isn't the most ambitious basketball player. But maybe this is a plus at the role he is supposed to play.

He didn't want to be the dirty work guy at the Kings and was bounced because of this. He 's no dumb player like McGee. He talked highly about Rick.
We really need a JJ/Devin-role Center. As in being a benchguy but play like a rotationplayer/fringe starter if needed.

Oh and it's ok to have a Jane in a lockerroom full of Tarzans. Smile
Like Reply