Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | 2 yrs, $8.2M (2nd year team option)
Information 
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...5056487428

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4453980160
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I think that IF WCS's head is on straight, AND Powell isn't right to start this season, THEN some will be surprised how much WCS shines here. 

This might end up being an AMAZING TDL asset, tbh.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that IF WCS's head is on straight, AND Powell isn't right to start this season, THEN some will be surprised how much WCS shines here.

Yep. I like this move. Team option, even better. Great TDL asset.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that IF WCS's head is on straight, AND Powell isn't right to start this season, THEN some will be surprised how much WCS shines here. 

I predict WCS plays average for all the games KP is out. Then once KP is back, WCS is moved to the bench and never seen from again.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I predict WCS plays average for all the games KP is out. Then once KP is back, WCS is moved to the bench and never seen from again.

Dwight's injury is too recent. He shouldn't play back to backs all season and I'd not expect much more than 12 minutes per game out of him to start.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I predict WCS plays average for all the games KP is out. Then once KP is back, WCS is moved to the bench and never seen from again.

Very possible. But, he can rim run, and honestly, if he plays well, he can play with KP, too (or with Kleber). I can see it going in a variety of directions. Love this signing.
Like Reply
I get it I guess.  Once Powell and KP are healthy, no veteran wanted to come here to sit on the bench.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 04:00 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I get it I guess.  Once Powell and KP are healthy, no veteran wanted to come here to sit on the bench.

Correct, and it seems like Gasol DID consider it, which I find to be GOOD news.
Like Reply
Woot! I like WCS and hope he stays with us. 

I'm liking this offseason
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 03:53 PM)cow Wrote:

Dwight's injury is too recent. He shouldn't play back to backs all season and I'd not expect much more than 12 minutes per game out of him to start.

Hi, cow....
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 04:52 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Dwight's injury is too recent.  He shouldn't play back to backs all season and I'd not expect much more than 12 minutes per game out of him to start.

Hi, cow....

Hello, Scott....
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 04:55 PM)cow Wrote:

Hi, cow....

Hello, Scott....

Isn't this near-doubling of WCS's salary and the Mavs' confidence in him great? I'm a happy man.

And it looks like you aren't that butthurt about it given the team option. Good times, great oldies. Let's both hope WCS exceeds your expectations.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 05:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Isn't this near-doubling of WCS's salary and the Mavs' confidence in him great? I'm a happy man.

And it looks like you aren't that butthurt about it given the team option. Good times, great oldies. Let's both hope WCS exceeds your expectations.

I don't get "butthurt" over trivial matters. This is but a one year mistake and we'll be WCS-free when it matters, if not sooner.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 05:35 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 05:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Isn't this near-doubling of WCS's salary and the Mavs' confidence in him great? I'm a happy man.

I don't get "butthurt" over trivial matters. This is but a one year mistake and we'll be WCS-free when it matters, if not sooner.

Overestimated you; my mistake.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 05:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Overestimated you; my mistake.

As was trying to troll me over a fringe player. Smile
Like Reply
I am a big fan of Cauley-Stein and the fact that he has had a kid could have a positive impact on him

The Mavericks believe in him and I do to

I love the fact that he loves coming off the bench and playing a role.

Good signing by the Mavericks
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 04:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:00 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I get it I guess.  Once Powell and KP are healthy, no veteran wanted to come here to sit on the bench.

Correct, and it seems like Gasol DID consider it, which I find to be GOOD news.
Agree with both of you. Lakers offer the best combination of ring chasing and contributing (probably starting) and Raptors offer familiarity and the most money. We were somewhere in between.
Like Reply
Yeah, in LA, Gasol is probably going to start until the playoffs get here, just like Howard/McGee.

Unlike them, he'll actually help them in the playoffs quite a bit off the bench. Howard had a great series against Denver, but imo, that's because Malone badly mis-read his advantages/disadvantages and didn't play his hand correctly. 

Or, he re-signs with Toronto, also a good team, and where he's a fan favorite and knows exactly what his role will be.
Like Reply
(11-22-2020, 05:28 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 04:55 PM)cow Wrote:

Dwight's injury is too recent.  He shouldn't play back to backs all season and I'd not expect much more than 12 minutes per game out of him to start.

Hi, cow....

Hello, Scott....

Isn't this near-doubling of WCS's salary and the Mavs' confidence in him great? I'm a happy man.

I suspect the Mavs intentionally gave him more because they are done with FA. So if they trade WCS it'll be 6 mill in salary matching now. It helps you 0 to have the extra cap space but it could match with the salary matching. Plus the 2nd year... You get full flexibility.
Like Reply