Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
(09-25-2019, 10:42 AM)Magickian Wrote: Okay first... the email was sent to you but it all seems to be going to your spam folders and none of you are checking them. I have been personally Activating your accounts for you when you get stuck... but some people have figured it out on their own, but i am sure you have an email in spam and I would move it out of there, so you get future emails...

I can't just make a dark theme instantly nor a mobile one as I am not a graphic designer and there are not a lot of options for this forum software right now... I will eventually just hire someone to make us a couple but I can't afford that right now. 

you can do the web format via phone, which is what I prefer as well. I don't like the mobile theme but some do... it is optional though... as I have said I can't just instantly install one as there are no other options to instantly install one. I will need to hire someone to make us a mobile responsive site version... probably would cost a few hundred bucks to do... it will be worth it, I just dont have the funds right at this moment, so I am focusing on what I can fix for now. Eventually, though I will get these resolved as they aren't impossible tasks to fix, but they aren't free and easy fixes. I will have to hire someone to make them.

So I do hope you can remain slightly patient with me... I am just a student doing this all on my own dime and free time on my servers. 

I have addressed issues rather fast and have already fixed at least 15-20 concerns the board has had within a week of it being up. So I am working hard, but I can only do what I can actually accomplish, so please have some perspective and understanding there...

You're doing an amazing job...and for free! Make sure you prioritize school and anything where they pay you, and real life relationships, above us free loaders!!!!
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 10:29 AM)embellisher Wrote: Oh and as others have said a dark theme would be nice.

Okay soooooo I have MADE a dark theme... it isn't perfect so let me know if there are bugs or visual issues.  

At the bottom of your screen there is a Theme Selector. You can pick Dark Theme
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 11:02 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:42 AM)Magickian Wrote: Okay first... the email was sent to you but it all seems to be going to your spam folders and none of you are checking them. I have been personally Activating your accounts for you when you get stuck... but some people have figured it out on their own, but i am sure you have an email in spam and I would move it out of there, so you get future emails...

I can't just make a dark theme instantly nor a mobile one as I am not a graphic designer and there are not a lot of options for this forum software right now... I will eventually just hire someone to make us a couple but I can't afford that right now. 

you can do the web format via phone, which is what I prefer as well. I don't like the mobile theme but some do... it is optional though... as I have said I can't just instantly install one as there are no other options to instantly install one. I will need to hire someone to make us a mobile responsive site version... probably would cost a few hundred bucks to do... it will be worth it, I just dont have the funds right at this moment, so I am focusing on what I can fix for now. Eventually, though I will get these resolved as they aren't impossible tasks to fix, but they aren't free and easy fixes. I will have to hire someone to make them.

So I do hope you can remain slightly patient with me... I am just a student doing this all on my own dime and free time on my servers. 

I have addressed issues rather fast and have already fixed at least 15-20 concerns the board has had within a week of it being up. So I am working hard, but I can only do what I can actually accomplish, so please have some perspective and understanding there...

You're doing an amazing job...and for free! Make sure you prioritize school and anything where they pay you, and real life relationships, above us free loaders!!!!
Exclamation
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 11:02 AM)fifteenth Wrote:

This could be a place that pays him. I've contributed what I can for now.
Like Reply
Still waiting for how to post a tweet using iphone.  This format is very hard on iphone which is 100% of my use.

Appreciate all the efforts though but I’ll just check in occasionally to see if its better for iphone.  Also thanks for all the work I know it was kinda sudden too.  Just being honest about how it works for me.  I seem to run into a ton of good tweets and like to paste for folks thus would want something easy and not cumbersome  For now I’ll just browse until you have time to deal with all the growth here.  Don’t sacrifice any school time either thats your priority 1.
Like Reply
Just logged in on a public computer in a library. After that I was directed to the qabickcents.com main page. Would be nice to get directed to the board, but everything else here is awesome.
Like Reply
Is there a way to disable embedly on quoted content as it tends to dominate the screen (even more with the dark theme as the tweets get a white background)

and rename the quote button from "Reply" on the right to "Full Quote":  Lots of ppl love to do f
ull quotes of the last post just to add a line as response... forum gets really hard to read by this. 
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 10:24 AM)Halfnir Wrote: Is there a way to disable embedly on quoted content as it tends to dominate the screen (even more with the dark theme as the tweets get a white background)

and rename the quote button from "Reply" on the right to "Full Quote":  Lots of ppl love to do f
ull quotes of the last post just to add a line as response... forum gets really hard to read by this. 

did you do that on purpose?
Like Reply
thanks for the example of a useless full quote, fifteenth. 

Don't get your question though.  Smile

Here's another (random) example with a tweet ... relevant part of the reply from omahen gets visually dominated by fullquoted tweet.
 [Image: image.png]
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 10:44 AM)Halfnir Wrote: thanks for the example of a useless full quote, fifteenth. 

Don't get your question though.  Smile

Does the smile mean that you actually do get it?
Like Reply
How can I quote just the most recent post in a conversation? Trying to manually delete seems to mess with the formatting.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Sure, click into the quoted content you want to remove and press backspace. Or use the "View Source" Buttom to switch the reply to a tagged fomat and remove the quotes there. 

But if you reply to the most recent post, why quote it at all (unless you want to highlight a specific statement from it that you reply to)

WOW, you can't have 2 consecutive posts, they get merged together?

This is gonna be fun in the gamethreads Wink
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 11:11 AM)Halfnir Wrote: Sure, click into the quoted content you want to remove and press backspace. Or use the "View Source" Buttom to switch the reply to a tagged fomat and remove the quotes there. 

But if you reply to the most recent post, why quote it at all (unless you want to highlight a specific statement from it that you reply to)

WOW, you can't have 2 consecutive posts, they get merged together?

This is gonna be fun in the gamethreads Wink
If making 2 posts back to back use the new reply button instead...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Digging the mobile dark in threads. 
But out in the forum it sucks you can't see the the time of the last post so I keep switching the modes back and forth
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 06:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: This could be a place that pays him. I've contributed what I can for now.

Test
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Okay everyone... I am trying to get all your requests but at the same time many of your requests directly contradict what someone else is requesting... sooooo

For instance the embedly feature I don’t have much control over... we needed it to embed and therefore have them, but either I remove it, or it takes up a lot of the post...

So we can’t win all of these concerns and make it PERFECT so please remember that too

Some of you like the mobile look and want changes for it and some don’t... so I mean we have to find some middle ground on some of these aesthetics

(09-25-2019, 09:13 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Still waiting for how to post a tweet using iphone.  This format is very hard on iphone which is 100% of my use.

I have added a Mobile theme that should make ti much easier. Plus if you goto the tweet on twitters site they have an embed feature. You use it, and then you copy paste the code to the forum(twitter is at fault for this as they took the widget option they used to have... but this is how you would embed via iPhone which I have and am able to use rather easily with the new mobile theme. (for some reason the textbox on replies is acting up, but if you click the source button it gives a black and white look too. I will find the css code for this eventually and fix it too but its serious detective work of hours of sifting through code to find the right tag that needs to be altered, which is what I am doing ONE step at a time here for requests)

(09-26-2019, 12:13 PM)Jym Wrote: Digging the mobile dark in threads. 
But out in the forum it sucks you can't see the the time of the last post so I keep switching the modes back and forth

again I can't win them all people... the reason it is a mobile format and fits on your screen is that it removes some of the columns... you can still navigate easily to the newest and unseen posts as they inform you what you havent seen yet... but I can't force the time column on there or it wont fit on your phone... so again... some things just have to be one way or the other... we cant force and have both on both options... so try to be a bit understanding on this please. I did give multiple options for themes for people to use what they prefer... I will try to add some more themes too that maybe you all like more but it will just keep taking time and NONE of the themes are perfect... they all have their own flaws... but we can only get this as close as we can... I cant please all of you at the same time...

(09-26-2019, 09:25 AM)Thukydides Wrote: Just logged in on a public computer in a library. After that I was directed to the qabickcents.com main page. Would be nice to get directed to the board, but everything else here is awesome.

Okay I need more details on this. What theme were you in? Was it in desktop mode or mobile mode? where did you login exactly? what page were you on? please give me VERY SPECIFIC DETAILS about this, so I can maybe find some detective work and why you got redirected incorrectly
Like Reply
Hey Magic, the mobile dark is awesome!
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 01:23 PM)Magickian Wrote: Okay everyone... I am trying to get all your requests but at the same time many of your requests directly contradict what someone else is requesting... sooooo

For instance the embedly feature I don’t have much control over... we needed it to embed and therefore have them, but either I remove it, or it takes up a lot of the post...

So we can’t win all of these concerns and make it PERFECT so please remember that too

Some of you like the mobile look and want changes for it and some don’t... so I mean we have to find some middle ground on some of these aesthetics

(09-25-2019, 09:13 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Still waiting for how to post a tweet using iphone.  This format is very hard on iphone which is 100% of my use.

I have added a Mobile theme that should make ti much easier. Plus if you goto the tweet on twitters site they have an embed feature. You use it, and then you copy paste the code to the forum(twitter is at fault for this as they took the widget option they used to have... but this is how you would embed via iPhone which I have and am able to use rather easily with the new mobile theme. (for some reason the textbox on replies is acting up, but if you click the source button it gives a black and white look too. I will find the css code for this eventually and fix it too but its serious detective work of hours of sifting through code to find the right tag that needs to be altered, which is what I am doing ONE step at a time here for requests)

(09-26-2019, 12:13 PM)Jym Wrote: Digging the mobile dark in threads. 

again I can't win them all people... the reason it is a mobile format and fits on your screen is that it removes some of the columns... you can still navigate easily to the newest and unseen posts as they inform you what you havent seen yet... but I can't force the time column on there or it wont fit on your phone... so again... some things just have to be one way or the other... we cant force and have both on both options... so try to be a bit understanding on this please. I did give multiple options for themes for people to use what they prefer... I will try to add some more themes too that maybe you all like more but it will just keep taking time and NONE of the themes are perfect... they all have their own flaws... but we can only get this as close as we can... I cant please all of you at the same time...

(09-26-2019, 09:25 AM)Thukydides Wrote: Just logged in on a public computer in a library. After that I was directed to the qabickcents.com main page. Would be nice to get directed to the board, but everything else here is awesome.

Okay I need more details on this. What theme were you in? Was it in desktop mode or mobile mode? where did you login exactly? what page were you on? please give me VERY SPECIFIC DETAILS about this, so I can maybe find some detective work and why you got redirected incorrectly

Yeah for sure. Was just pointing it out if it was an easy to fix oversight. 
The original dark actually works quite well on mobile. Maybe a few zoom-ins needed here and there but most stuff is viewable without it 
Thanks for all the time you're putting into this
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 01:51 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hey Magic, the mobile dark is awesome!
thank you sir! I finally bought a Premium Theme to try to solve all the problems but of course it isn't perfcet neither and I have had to fix a lot and am still working some of it out. 

ONE KEY THING TO REMEMBER TOO?

MyBB which is the Forum software... is on version 1.9 and most of these themes are on 1.8 because 1.9 just came out(so there are issues with compatibility on ALL of these themes and I have had to personally recode them to make them work...) BUT remember that all means 2.0 is about to come out... so most of these issues will be resolved in a bigger full release and all of the new theme makers will make new themes for that version... it may be a few months from now... but soon we will likely see a consistency in the community development and the main project again.
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 01:23 PM)Magickian Wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think it was the dark desktop theme. I was on the "Dallas mavericks and the nba" page. I logged in on a desktop PC using Firefox. Next time I have this issue, I 'll give you full Details.
Like Reply