Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
(09-20-2019, 09:01 AM)fifteenth Wrote: 1. A more robust mobile version. The current one will be difficult to use once the season gets rolling and threads get longer.

2. Can we have a Troll Cave as the third forum?  Big Grin

Already made the Troll Cave for you... 

but the first request will NOT be easy... myBB only has the ONE Mobile Theme I found........ so I would have to find someone to help me program the css of a mobile responsive site for that one...

that is a project down the road.
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 02:31 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:01 AM)fifteenth Wrote: 1. A more robust mobile version. The current one will be difficult to use once the season gets rolling and threads get longer.

2. Can we have a Troll Cave as the third forum?  Big Grin

Already made the Troll Cave for you... 

but the first request will NOT be easy... myBB only has the ONE Mobile Theme I found........ so I would have to find someone to help me program the css of a mobile responsive site for that one...

that is a project down the road.

Understandable pal, and not a problem
Like Reply
(09-14-2019, 11:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Also, if there is some way that after you post a reply you don't get taken to a waiting page asking you to redirect to the forum's, and instead it just takes you back to the thread.

guess who just found the option to turn them off? 

It should be working now so that the redirects no longer happen
Like Reply
(09-24-2019, 09:35 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 11:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Also, if there is some way that after you post a reply you don't get taken to a waiting page asking you to redirect to the forum's, and instead it just takes you back to the thread.

Testing this now

It worked, great fix
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply

Is that someone the best admin there is? Cause I think he is.

Thank you for remembering this little thing. Small QOL change that really makes a big difference.

(09-24-2019, 10:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Is that someone the best admin there is? Cause I think he is.

Thank you for remembering this little thing. Small QOL change that really makes a big difference.
Test post.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I'm having issues with the rate button. Click but nothing happens.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 01:15 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm having issues with the rate button. Click but nothing happens.

I think I fixed it. Nevermind that Rate feature it doesn't work. I disabled it now. So on the bottom right of a post I already incorporated a plus and minus scale which was different than the rate feature. We don't need both. So this is cleaner now.
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 01:54 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 01:15 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm having issues with the rate button. Click but nothing happens.

I think I fixed it. Nevermind that Rate feature it doesn't work. I disabled it now. So on the bottom right of a post I already incorporated a plus and minus scale which was different than the rate feature. We don't need both. So this is cleaner now.

Gotcha, did't realize that was clickable, thanks

Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but can we increase the posts per page to like 20?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 02:39 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but can we increase the posts per page to like 20?

And it is now at 20 per page... does everyone else like this better?
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 02:56 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 02:39 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but can we increase the posts per page to like 20?

And it is now at 20 per page... does everyone else like this better?

Good call, like that!
Like Reply
I do prefer the 20
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
20 is better...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 01:54 AM)Magickian Wrote:

The only thing I liked about the ‘rate’ thing was the ability to leave a comment in addition to the +1
Like Reply
Since we removed the Reputation button, should we remove the "Reputation: #" from the posters' info block?
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 09:30 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Since we removed the Reputation button, should we remove the "Reputation: #" from the posters' info block?

I think the +/- in the bottom right affects the "Reputation."

However, I think this question should be asked by us:

Do we need the reputation and likes to help self-police the board?

If so, then I say keep them. If not, then I say get rid of them altogether as I don't think they serve any other real good (and in many cases just may cause angst).
Like Reply
Ok, it wouldn't let me post after I registered, and I never received the confirmation email.

I see that I can post know, so I guess I won't worry about the email.
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 09:49 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 09:30 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Since we removed the Reputation button, should we remove the "Reputation: #" from the posters' info block?

I think the +/- in the bottom right affects the "Reputation."

However, I think this question should be asked by us:

Do we need the reputation and likes to help self-police the board?

If so, then I say keep them. If not, then I say get rid of them altogether as I don't think they serve any other real good (and in many cases just may cause angst).

Do we NEED them? No. But I believe they are a helpful metric or just a way to thumbs up a poster or an opinion and let them know their post was appreciated without having to reply and say “I agree” and clutter up the board. So I say keep it.
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 10:00 AM)robillionaire Wrote: let them know their post was appreciated without having to reply and say “I agree” and clutter up the board

That is a good point.
Like Reply
Ok, the default format looks great on a PC but is not good on a Mobile device.

The mobile format is usable if a bit ugly, but I can't find a way to respond to an individual post on mobile, only to reply to the entire thread.

Am I missing something? Without the ability to reply to an individual post, this makes using a phone for this site difficult. And I do 99.9% of my forum stuff on my phone.

Oh and as others have said a dark theme would be nice.

My personal wish is a dark mobile theme that has most of the functionality of the default theme.
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 10:29 AM)embellisher Wrote: Ok, the default format looks great on a PC but is not good on a Mobile device.

The mobile format is usable if a bit ugly, but I can't find a way to respond to an individual post on mobile, only to reply to the entire thread.

Am I missing something? Without the ability to reply to an individual post, this makes using a phone for this site difficult. And I do 99.9% of my forum stuff on my phone.

Oh and as others have said a dark theme would be nice.

My personal wish is a dark mobile theme that has most of the functionality of the default theme.

Okay first... the email was sent to you but it all seems to be going to your spam folders and none of you are checking them. I have been personally Activating your accounts for you when you get stuck... but some people have figured it out on their own, but i am sure you have an email in spam and I would move it out of there, so you get future emails...

I can't just make a dark theme instantly nor a mobile one as I am not a graphic designer and there are not a lot of options for this forum software right now... I will eventually just hire someone to make us a couple but I can't afford that right now. 

you can do the web format via phone, which is what I prefer as well. I don't like the mobile theme but some do... it is optional though... as I have said I can't just instantly install one as there are no other options to instantly install one. I will need to hire someone to make us a mobile responsive site version... probably would cost a few hundred bucks to do... it will be worth it, I just dont have the funds right at this moment, so I am focusing on what I can fix for now. Eventually, though I will get these resolved as they aren't impossible tasks to fix, but they aren't free and easy fixes. I will have to hire someone to make them.

So I do hope you can remain slightly patient with me... I am just a student doing this all on my own dime and free time on my servers. 

I have addressed issues rather fast and have already fixed at least 15-20 concerns the board has had within a week of it being up. So I am working hard, but I can only do what I can actually accomplish, so please have some perspective and understanding there...
Like Reply