Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(03-31-2022, 04:06 PM)Arioch Wrote: I think it depends on Kidd. If Kidd wants to make sure KP doesn't go off, this team certainly knows exactly how to do that. On the other hand, Kidd knows KP can't beat you single-handedly, so he might decide to let KP 'get his' while shutting down the rest of the Wizards.

How: Guard KP with Brunson.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 02:16 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Wow. DFS said that? 

So glad KP is gone!

That was the most overt quote hinting that KP's attitude was weighing down the Mavs behind the scenes. KP in front of the media couldn't have been more professional even if he tried. He never said he was jealous of Luka and was always supportive. Further no one ever made a comment about "jealousy" while KP was here. I suppose the most notable one if we want to define it as such was Luka talking about having better team chemistry over the summer last year, but many (including myself) thought that was a veiled shot at Carlisle and how he treated everyone. 

DFS never explicitly said that quote was about KP either, but it's pretty easy to get there if you read between the lines. If so then it's for the best KP is gone and he can finally be "the guy" on his lottery bound team just like his previous situation in NYK.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 05:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That was the most overt quote hinting that KP's attitude was weighing down the Mavs behind the scenes. KP in front of the media couldn't have been more professional even if he tried. He never said he was jealous of Luka and was always supportive. Further no one ever made a comment about "jealousy" while KP was here. I suppose the most notable one if we want to define it as such was Luka talking about having better team chemistry over the summer last year, but many (including myself) thought that was a veiled shot at Carlisle and how he treated everyone. 

DFS never explicitly said that quote was about KP either, but it's pretty easy to get there if you read between the lines. If so then it's for the best KP is gone and he can finally be "the guy" on his lottery bound team just like his previous situation in NYK.

Yeah, good stuff. You know, though, my takeaways from KP's interviews started to change over time. He's well spoken, handles himself in a relaxed way in an interview, and is willing to answer questions, speculate, offer possible answers. All of that makes him seem and feel like a good dude. 

But as time went on I started to pick up on things, (veiled slights, repeated talk about HIM being comfortable, happy to do whatever, but it's nice if, etc.) that made me think he was all about himself and and that his being "well spoken" didn't translate to "great teammate". I'm sure I was influenced by things other than his interviews as well, but looking back, it all seems to say that KP is all about KP. KP seems to be even more about KP than he is winning.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 05:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: "well spoken" didn't translate to "great teammate"

Just like in real life.
Like Reply
(03-31-2022, 05:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Yeah, good stuff. You know, though, my takeaways from KP's interviews started to change over time. He's well spoken, handles himself in a relaxed way in an interview, and is willing to answer questions, speculate, offer possible answers. All of that makes him seem and feel like a good dude. 

But as time went on I started to pick up on things, (veiled slights, repeated talk about HIM being comfortable, happy to do whatever, but it's nice if, etc.) that made me think he was all about himself and and that his being "well spoken" didn't translate to "great teammate". I'm sure I was influenced by things other than his interviews as well, but looking back, it all seems to say that KP is all about KP. KP seems to be even more about KP than he is winning.

That's the obvious narrative being accepted, if not promoted, but, as you articulated, nothing in KP's demeanor, words or approach supports that narrative.  

Could it be something delightfully more simple; that a player who enjoys, craves, needs his multiple "touches" is less than comfortable with the high usage and ball dominance of #77?

That scenario might not rise to the level of "jealousy," but lean toward simple self-interest or the pride of accomplishment many of us have craved since second grade or so.

WAB
Like Reply
WAB, I shared the evolution of my own thoughts through KP's tenure as I watched his interviews and him on court. Not repeating any narrative.

As for the "jealous". .that came from DFS
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Tongue 
(03-31-2022, 11:16 PM)fifteenth Wrote: WAB, I shared the evolution of my own thoughts through KP's tenure as I watched his interviews and him on court. Not repeating any narrative.

As for the "jealous". .that came from DFS

You've effectively presented a prima facie case.  I was simply trying to add reasonable doubt.  Durability was my biggest worry about KP, but, in all honesty, there was a certain disconnect 'tween KP and Luka as they didn't exactly complement each other on the court.
Like Reply
Hollinger had an article on his tanking all stars today.  He mentions KP:

I don’t really understand why the Wizards are still risking a 7-foot-3 guy with a history of knee injuries in games that don’t mean anything, especially when winning them threatens to push them down as much as four spots in the draft. With Washington already eliminated, Porzingis played 32 minutes in Wednesday’s not-particularly-close loss to Atlanta on the second night of a back-to-back. That 32 figure appears to be a hard cap based on his usage in other games, but he’s played at least 23 minutes in 14 consecutive games, four of which were back-to-backs.
That said … Porzingis looks good. Really good! My concern that Dallas knew something about his knees that the Wizards didn’t appears to be overblown, because Porzingis has played at an All-Star level since arriving in D.C. He’s scored at least 14 points in every game as a Wizard, shot 36.7 percent from 3 after bizarrely not being able to make a triple in Dallas this year, and nearly doubled his career assist rate. His 27.8 PER and 60.6 true shooting percentage in Washington would both easily be career-highs if maintained for a full season.
Washington is 6-5 in its last 11 games, including wins over Dallas, Golden State and Minnesota, which should provide some optimism for next year once they inevitably overpay Bradley Beal to stay. I still think they should shut Porzingis down, but I can’t deny that his impressive play since the trade is a good omen for 2022-23.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL
Like Reply
(04-08-2022, 03:59 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hollinger had an article on his tanking all stars today.  He mentions KP:

I don’t really understand why the Wizards are still risking a 7-foot-3 guy with a history of knee injuries in games that don’t mean anything, especially when winning them threatens to push them down as much as four spots in the draft. With Washington already eliminated, Porzingis played 32 minutes in Wednesday’s not-particularly-close loss to Atlanta on the second night of a back-to-back. That 32 figure appears to be a hard cap based on his usage in other games, but he’s played at least 23 minutes in 14 consecutive games, four of which were back-to-backs.
That said … Porzingis looks good. Really good! My concern that Dallas knew something about his knees that the Wizards didn’t appears to be overblown, because Porzingis has played at an All-Star level since arriving in D.C. He’s scored at least 14 points in every game as a Wizard, shot 36.7 percent from 3 after bizarrely not being able to make a triple in Dallas this year, and nearly doubled his career assist rate. His 27.8 PER and 60.6 true shooting percentage in Washington would both easily be career-highs if maintained for a full season.
Washington is 6-5 in its last 11 games, including wins over Dallas, Golden State and Minnesota, which should provide some optimism for next year once they inevitably overpay Bradley Beal to stay. I still think they should shut Porzingis down, but I can’t deny that his impressive play since the trade is a good omen for 2022-23.

It´s no wonder he couldn´t hold a front office job, if he can´t figure that out. It´s obviously to show Beal that Porzingis is healthy and can be a viable partner on a play-off contender In Washington. Otherwise Beal would just be f*** outta here.
Like Reply
He seems to be fitting in well in DC. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes.
Like Reply
(04-10-2022, 08:27 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He seems to be fitting in well in DC. Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes.

His jumpshot is back. Forcing teams to guard him on the perimeter. That alone is enough for a positive impact on offense. Defense is another conversation. Looks a lot like last seasons version. Teams are trying to isolate him or spam high pick and roll. Mavs showed that it is possible to hide him to a certain degree but the Wizards don´t have the personal.
Overall he looks happy. No pressure. First option on offense. Will be interesting to see what happens when Beal returns.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...6347586568
Like Reply
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wiz...-potential
Like Reply
He's only at that level of potential because that's his % of games played the last 3 years. 

https://tenor.com/view/porzingis-face-gif-10913351
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool, MFFL
Like Reply
He'll probably find a way to sell that potential all the way to another big contract
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Hogmelon
Like Reply
We should move this thread to our Wizards sub forum.
[-] The following 5 users Like cow's post:
  • Arioch, fifteenth, KillerLeft, mvossman, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 08:31 PM)cow Wrote: We should move this thread to our Wizards sub forum.

ROTW?
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-14-2022, 08:31 PM)cow Wrote: We should move this thread to our Wizards sub forum.

This is the "Dallas Mavericks and the NBA" forum. Pretty sure WAS and KP are in the NBA. Very appropriate here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(04-15-2022, 08:43 AM)Kammrath Wrote: This is the "Dallas Mavericks and the NBA" forum. Pretty sure WAS and KP are in the NBA. Very appropriate here.

I guess my obvious joke was not so obvious.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • Arioch, fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply
i was waiting for that Bertans game. he is going to be the robert horry of this team i can feel it. Big Shot Bert!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerros113's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply