Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(10-15-2019, 03:40 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Cosmis/status/1184173494147407872

What is knee valgus, Precious? 
Like Reply
(10-15-2019, 03:43 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 03:40 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Cosmis/status/1184173494147407872

What is knee valgus, Precious? 

Knee Valgus is a famous rebel pilot in the last Star Wars movie.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...4606597120

omg, look at the stride, he has knee ambulation.
Like Reply
(10-15-2019, 03:43 PM)fifteenth Wrote: What is knee valgus, Precious? 

I didn't know if you're actually asking but knee valgus is a term which describes the angle that is formed when the knee is bent toward the midline of your body, while your lower leg is bent away. It's a genetic deformity found usually in children while they're growing, but can be caused in adults when they suffer a traumatic knee injury. Though you need the gene's in the first place to develop it. 

The deformity can cause an abnormal gait, extra pressure on joints and can cause knee arthritis quite early in life. It can be corrected with surgery, but in my own opinion it's a specialized surgery and you better trust that surgeon who's doing it.
Usually physical therapy can improve the condition (depending on the severity of the valgus) moderately with appropriate stretches/exercises. 

I think KP has always had this though (I didn't watch many NYK games, but I always remember him having an awkward gait) and it's probably a factor into why he tore his ACL in the first place if he did. 

If he developed this after his injury, then it's pretty hopeful that it CAN improve with time and with PT. As to whether this should be a cause for injury concern, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Despite what the original tweet said, I don't think that's a severe valgus at all, but it isn't insignificant. And just because you have a valgus doesn't mean you're doomed to re-injure a knee. For example Kevin Durant has a pretty significant knee valgus on all of his shots, like his free throw posture, and he's never had a knee injury (though he did have a foot injury and valgus/varus posture can increase injury risk in knees, and feet).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
https://elitesportsny.com/2019/10/16/new...gis-trade/
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/...7901821952
Like Reply
So Zion gets hurt, a doctor shoots a nice video about knee valgus, and now people see it everywhere.  I understand the instinct, but not every funny knee angle is a problem.

Knee valgus is about the normal alignment in the knee, and is most evident in standing or normal walking.  Watch the videos of KP walking vs Zion walking, and it's very different.  But presenting knee bend in a trained shooting motion as evidence of knee valgus is IMO fake news.  If only there was a good example of a 7-foot hall-of-fame shooter with a long, healthy career that young Dallas player like KP might be taught to emulate.  

[Image: dal-g-dnowitzki1-200.jpg]
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 10:29 AM)Tyler Wrote: Knee valgus is about the normal alignment in the knee, and is most evident in standing or normal walking.  Watch the videos of KP walking vs Zion walking, and it's very different.  But presenting knee bend in a trained shooting motion as evidence of knee valgus is IMO fake news.  If only there was a good example of a 7-foot hall-of-fame shooter with a long, healthy career that young Dallas player like KP might be taught to emulate. 

SO MUCH THIS. KP has nothing about him (other than height) that jumps out to me as an injury risk. Zion exhibits tons of signs, whereas KP does not. I am worried about Zion, not about KP.
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 10:29 AM)Tyler Wrote: So Zion gets hurt, a doctor shoots a nice video about knee valgus, and now people see it everywhere.  I understand the instinct, but not every funny knee angle is a problem.

Knee valgus is about the normal alignment in the knee, and is most evident in standing or normal walking.  Watch the videos of KP walking vs Zion walking, and it's very different.  But presenting knee bend in a trained shooting motion as evidence of knee valgus is IMO fake news.  If only there was a good example of a 7-foot hall-of-fame shooter with a long, healthy career that young Dallas player like KP might be taught to emulate.  

[Image: dal-g-dnowitzki1-200.jpg]
It's clickbaity bro science, nothing else. Same as Dennis' "landing mechanics". The same goes for Zion.

Some random dude on yt made a video and now all non-New Orleans fans go crazy over it so they can say their teams "dodged a bullet".
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 10:42 AM)JamesConway Wrote: The same goes for Zion.

No way, Zion's issues are legit.
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 10:49 AM)Kammrath Wrote: No way, Zion's issues are legit.

He's way to heavy at the moment. And his playing style does not help out. That is a legit concern. He needs to lose like 20-25 lbs and work on a shot.
Like Reply
I found the valgus video posted on another Mavs forum...the poster is known on this site as Blackrook...aka the person who digs deep on the internet to find something bad about the team or a player...the source doesn't have to be legit for him to post it...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 12:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I found the valgus video posted on another Mavs forum...the poster is known on this site as Blackrook...aka the person who digs deep on the internet to find something bad about the team or a player...the source doesn't have to be legit for him to post it...
Dude that posted the pics on twitter has a degree in shit posting on the internet. Look at his medical education. Its quite funny:

"I mean my mother was a rehab coordinator for a nursing home 20 years. I've soaked a lot of this stuff up and also I had probably 20 MRIs on my knees when I was in my teens. I at least have a solid baseline of how this stuff works, mechanicall"
Like Reply
(10-22-2019, 12:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I found the valgus video posted on another Mavs forum...the poster is known on this site as Blackrook...aka the person who digs deep on the internet to find something bad about the team or a player...the source doesn't have to be legit for him to post it...

Yep, that's his MO.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DawkinsMTA/status/11...1206099968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4yZHpqvxtU
Like Reply
He was as expected.  Unlimited range.  Shoots it further out than Dirk.  Great rim protection.

Takes some bad shots.  0 playmaking.
Like Reply

Absolutely loved the way RC staggered the minutes with Luka/KP last night. The ability to keep one of the two on the floor most of the time is going to do amazing things with the rotation. I''m looking forward to RC returning to a position where his ability to pull strings matters.

I know we've spent alot of time since last February speculating on how KP's presence will impact the roster, how he makes Luka better and vice versa. That said, I think we all may have underestimated the extent to which Luka is going to exploit the extra space/time KP's presence affords him.

23 points on 50% shooting(after the 0-4 start) in his first, regular season game in over 600 days ...... if that is the floor this is going to be fun.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...1297015809
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOfgCWJWYo
Like Reply
That may be one of the worst few minutes from Stephen A I've listened too recently. Questioning the toughness because the brothers aren't having it? He comes off as a bitter Knicks fan with his KP take. Since he is, I guess we'll forgive that. Quoting our recent seasons win totals while knowing we were in a rebuild was strange. Also, failing to recognize that Luka was essentially by himself from February 1st on keeps  the context out of last year's record. KP does not have to add 12 wins to this team by himself. Ridiculous.

*Kellerman's assertion we could contend for a title this season with an addition is an absolute stretch. His belief we'll be in the playoffs with health, for me, is not eyebrow raising.
Like Reply