Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
This is a man excited to be in a new situation. I really think this trade was overdue. 

https://youtu.be/-jIQFEYYCuc
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 12:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is a man excited to be in a new situation. I really think this trade was overdue. 

https://youtu.be/-jIQFEYYCuc

He really looks happy and I'm happy for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mapka's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 12:25 PM)Mapka Wrote: He really looks happy and I'm happy for him.

I think everyone involved is happy for this to be over. The players (KP and the guys left behind), the front office, etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Then again, here's MacMahon with the exact opposite conclusion. He thinks KP is probably really disappointed.

https://youtu.be/nBEy8eKzmMY
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 12:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Then again, here's MacMahon with the exact opposite conclusion. He thinks KP is probably really disappointed.

https://youtu.be/nBEy8eKzmMY
KP was grinning ear to ear for most of his press conference. There is no way that was his initial reaction! Now, after seeing the news about the disfunction in Was, there is a chance that quickly goes away. One has to wonder though, did WE get the source of the disfunction from Was? 

At this point, I don’t care what anyone thinks about that last question. I want to hang up and see for myself how it plays out.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mapka
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 12:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: At this point, I don’t care what anyone thinks about that last question. I want to hang up and see for myself how it plays out.

All we can do, really. 

What might have just happened is that the source of disfunction for both teams just got traded for each other. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Who knows? Maybe everyone got traded into the roles they've been wanting, negating the bad feelings. Too hard to predict with the info we have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 01:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: All we can do, really. 

What might have just happened is that the source of disfunction for both teams just got traded for each other. Wouldn't be the first time that happened. Who knows? Maybe everyone got traded into the roles they've been wanting, negating the bad feelings. Too hard to predict with the info we have.
I can see that as a possibility for KP and Bertans. I find it hard to believe SD WANTS to come off the bench.
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 01:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I find it hard to believe SD WANTS to come off the bench.

Vaild.

Again, all we can do is wait and see. Maybe he's excited about being around Cuban (no joke). Maybe, he's happy to be out of a leadership position, given that it went so poorly. Maybe, he's happy to be out of WAS, no matter what. Maybe he won't come off the bench for long, even.

One thing I'm confident about: in the worst case scenario, wherein Dinwiddie comes in and hates his role, isn't happy, whatever, I think that will be much less of a problem than the team has had trying to make it work with KP over the past couple of years. Starting, not starting, whatever, he's being brought here to help as a piece on Luka's team. He knows it, they know it, we know it. Those will be the expectations, and they come with considerably less pressure from all angles than KP had on his shoulders just two days ago. I think that's a positive change, for literally all involved parties.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 01:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Vaild.

Again, all we can do is wait and see. Maybe he's excited about being around Cuban (no joke). Maybe, he's happy to be out of a leadership position, given that it went so poorly. Maybe, he's happy to be out of WAS, no matter what. Maybe he won't come off the bench for long, even.

One thing I'm confident about: in the worst case scenario, wherein Dinwiddie comes in and hates his role, isn't happy, whatever, I think that will be much less of a problem than the team has had trying to make it work with KP over the past couple of years. Starting, not starting, whatever, he's being brought here to help as a piece on Luka's team. He knows it, they know it, we know it. Those will be the expectations, and they come with considerably less pressure from all angles than KP had on his shoulders just two days ago. I think that's a positive change, for literally all involved parties.

Agree great point. One of the issues for KP was that huge expectations and the gap between expecations and what he can do and how he fits in the team. The gap was just too high. SD starts on exactly the opposite. No expecations. He starts from the bottom and will work his way up. Same with Bertans. Nico stated both are brought for the depth. That's the expecation, improve the depth. I think both players are talented enough to do even more than that.

Always better starting from lower expecations and surprise, rather than start from too high expectations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 01:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Vaild.

We don’t know how SD will react to not meeting his expectations (that could change with time seeing the talent level on this team). We saw how KP handled it (at least publicly, but there is reason to believe he was professional about it privately…I mean, you saw DFS tweet to him right?). Time is the factor that we have to obey, but 1 bad apple can turn multiple apples bad too.

Monta seemed to be a guy teetering on sourness, all it took was for Rondo to get in his ear and he soured too. DSJ turned sour after believing in the things he was hearing from his teammates that seemed to dislike Luka taking over.
Like Reply
I love short multimeaning posts from @cow, but this longer is gold, worth quoting again. A+.

(02-11-2022, 12:40 PM)cow Wrote: As expected, KP is catching a lot of grief now that he's gone.  Some of that is warranted and some of it is not.  Yes, he wanted out of New York.  No, he didn't ask for the Mavs to trade for him.  Yes, he signed the contract.  The injuries weren't his fault and surely frustrated him much more than it ever frustrated anyone else.  He was "the guy" in New York and Dallas gave him a contract to be "the guy", at least in tandem, here.  The fit never worked with Luka, nor Carlisle.  He bares some responsibility in that but so do the Mavs for trading for him before they even knew what they had with their drafted superstar.  Carlisle and traded players, much like draft picks, are often a coinflip.  There were moments tantalizing greatness and moments that left us scratching our heads.  Throughout it all, he was a class act and professional with the media and by all accounts, was a hard worked and good teammate (DFS approved).  Before we bury him for the injuries and on-the-court shortcomings, I think we should try to put ourselves in his shoes.  It can't have been easy to be relegated to the role he ended up with towards the end of Carlisle's tenure.  I don't think he handled the on court frustrations perfectly, but no one is perfect and things could have been a lot worse.  

While the relationship is a mess and I was never his biggest fan as a player, I am a fan of the person.  I appreciate KP and hope you find health and success on the court and beyond.

Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukTheShadow's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-13-2022, 02:05 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: I love short multimeaning posts from @cow, but this longer is gold, worth quoting again. A+.

Heart

Awww.  Thanks buddy!  You made my day.  I love this community even when we butt heads.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, LukTheShadow
Like Reply
That's a sensational quote @"cow" and sums up my feelings perfectly as well!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...8913113092
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7858227200
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/149...6552845312
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SJBasketball8/status...7900499976
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...8347374597
Like Reply
I would have preferred the Raptors trade although I would have been worried to see KP there under their leadership.  Even if the package was Dragic, filler and a protected first.   I would have preferred that package.  So it is good to know this wasn't a decision the Mavs had to make, supposedly.  

Although in reality waiting may have been the best route.  I wonder if the Mavs were walking on egg shells scared crazy that he was such an injury risk that they couldn't wait to move him.  Or if they just decided, yes he is injured a lot but we don't view him as a fit here.  Or maybe it was both.

It will be interesting if he can stay healthy to finish the season.  If not, there may not have been any offers.  If he can, you can make a case a better deal would have been available this offseason.   

The Mavs will also be judged on the players they picked up too.   

It should be interesting to re-visit this trade in 4-5 months.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Arioch, Kammrath, soog
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CElguea/status/1493003014675828738
Like Reply