Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
(01-18-2022, 06:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I hadn't heard anywhere else that KP was unhappy with how he was being used in the Kidd offense

I call BS. That sounded to me like a low-level podcaster for another team mindlessly repeating a narrative he doesn't even totally understand while adding his own flair. If it was true, MacMahon would have already written 3 hit pieces about it by now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • fifteenth, michaeltex, Smitty
Like Reply
BTW, I also think Nick's explanation for KP's outburst at the end of the game completely ignores the context of what happened in favor of some invented narrative of KP not being happy about being missed on offense. Here's what immediately preceded the moment in question:

1. Powell was already at the scorers table to sub in for KP who was at 28 minutes of a 30-minute restriction. 
2. SGA dunked on KP after completely blowing by THJ and putting KP in a bad position defensively. He was a little slow to rotate, but it never should have gotten that far.
3. Kidd immediately called a timeout, and someone on the bench made a comment (I'm guessing, based on KPs comments and the circumstances) about the dunk.

So KP (a competitive dude) knew he was getting pulled for a minutes restriction, was left out to dry defensively by a teammate, and got snippy with a comment about the dunk after he had played awesome defense the entire game. 

I get it. And IMO it's really not a big deal. The fact that media guys would ignore those circumstances and instead cherry pick examples that make KP seem unhappy about the offense tells me more about them than about him.
[-] The following 4 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Arioch, Jmaciscool, michaeltex, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Locked on Thunder should be more aptly named Locked on Biscuits.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 12:03 AM)Tyler Wrote: BTW, I also think Nick's explanation for KP's outburst at the end of the game completely ignores the context of what happened in favor of some invented narrative of KP not being happy about being missed on offense. Here's what immediately preceded the moment in question:

1. Powell was already at the scorers table to sub in for KP who was at 28 minutes of a 30-minute restriction. 
2. SGA dunked on KP after completely blowing by THJ and putting KP in a bad position defensively. He was a little slow to rotate, but it never should have gotten that far.
3. Kidd immediately called a timeout, and someone on the bench made a comment (I'm guessing, based on KPs comments and the current circumstances) about the dunk.

So KP (a competitive dude) knew he was getting pulled for a minutes restriction, was left out to dry defensively by a teammate, and got snippy with a comment about the dunk after he had played awesome defense the entire game. 

I get it. And IMO it's really not a big deal. The fact that media guys would ignore those circumstances and instead cherry pick examples that make KP seem unhappy about the offense tells me more about them than about him.

Your take sounds right to me. But I think Nick actually mentioned some of that stuff. He just didn't put it together as well as you just did.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
There is definitely an element of laziness and “go with popular opinion“ about how Porziņģis is viewed. I think that’s true. Some of these chemistry issues are probably way overblown. Most, even.

But then again, he has really never given anyone reason to stick up for him. At least not since coming here.

I thought he had a great game the other night and wish that Kidd would have given him about three more minutes of time. If they keep playing him at center and he keeps delivering like that, I will start believing at some point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I REALLY REALLY want to know whether the Mavs think he's a keeper or not.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 12:20 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I REALLY REALLY want to know whether the Mavs think he's a keeper or not.

They have given every indication that they do, and there aren’t really rumors flying. That doesn’t mean everything, but it’s something.

And, while I’m still dubious about his fit here it’s not like last year when he made the team worse just by walking into the arena. He is definitely doing some pretty dang great things out there at times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 12:22 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: They have given every indication that they do, and there aren’t really rumors flying. That doesn’t mean everything, but it’s something.

And, while I’m still dubious about his fit here it’s not like last year when he made the team worse just by walking into the arena. He is definitely doing some pretty dang great things out there at times.

This is the answer that most fits the evidence.  But it's possible that rehabbing his image would look like this too.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
No rumors means he's definitely getting traded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 01:58 PM)cow Wrote: No rumors means he's definitely getting traded.
Or, negotiations are not at a stalemate!
Like Reply
https://deadspin.com/doh-1848442634
Like Reply
This is exactly why I'm still on team trade KP. I will never trust him to be healthy.
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 08:53 PM)Branduil Wrote: This is exactly why I'm still on team trade KP. I will never trust him to be healthy.

I'm not sure how to extract any value out of him.
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 09:57 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not sure how to extract any value out of him.

Send him to POR for McCollum? I think they're about even in terms of pure value. Portland needs a big to replace Nurkic who's going to leave. Mavs can use McCollum to ease the blow of trading/potentially losing Brunson.

This especially makes sense if the Mavs use Brunson to net a guy like Collins. 

Luka/McCollum/DFS/Kleber?/Collins is a super switchable and fast lineup.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 10:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Send him to POR for McCollum? I think they're about even in terms of pure value. Portland needs a big to replace Nurkic who's going to leave. Mavs can use McCollum to ease the blow of trading/potentially losing Brunson.

Without hesitation which makes me think Portland says no.
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 10:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Send him to POR for McCollum? I think they're about even in terms of pure value. Portland needs a big to replace Nurkic who's going to leave. Mavs can use McCollum to ease the blow of trading/potentially losing Brunson.

No thanks on McCollum, not even for Zinger. He’s one of the few guys who looks like he has a similarly bad contract.
Like Reply
Also what is the message to Brunson, if we acquire McCollum?

I think you first have to lock up Brunson to an extension before you move Porzingis.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 09:57 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: No thanks on McCollum, not even for Zinger. He’s one of the few guys who looks like he has a similarly bad contract.

The only difference is McCollum isn't a perpetual injury risk and would actually fill a need here. He can create his own shot much like THJ but is much more efficient. The defense is what scares me though.

(01-30-2022, 10:02 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Also what is the message to Brunson, if we acquire McCollum?

I think you first have to lock up Brunson to an extension before you move Porzingis.

The message is, hey Brunson thanks for bringing back John Collins in the 3-team trade with NYK.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 10:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The only difference is McCollum isn't a perpetual injury risk and would actually fill a need here. He can create his own shot much like THJ but is much more efficient. The defense is what scares me though.

The message is, hey Brunson thanks for bringing back John Collins in the 3-team trade with NYK.

Wink
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 10:02 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The only difference is McCollum isn't a perpetual injury risk and would actually fill a need here. He can create his own shot much like THJ but is much more efficient. The defense is what scares me though.

He seems like kind of an injury risk now that he’s in his 30s.  He’s missed a lot of games the last couple of years.  I’d say he’s a player in decline.  Brunson is the better, more versatile player, now and going forward.
Like Reply