Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music and Film Coming SOON!
Hello everyone. 

As you all may know., I am a Filmmaker building a Media Production Company. That company? 

Qabick Cents Productions. At the bottom of the page you can link to it, and at the top in the url, you can see it is the parent site to this. 

I just got my cast yesterday with my first round of auditions and the second round is friday to determine for sure which roles they will play(as a couple of the women each performed multiple characters well, so I am going to find the absolute best one for each.)

I also just got my first Musician/Singer-Songwriter, the amazingly talented Kristen Lynn, on board for my company. We are working out the contract details now and it will be signed soon. 

I am going to re-record this track, Catch Me, and help produce a few singles of hers. I will engineer them, and then publish them and release them as a Qabick Cents Production. 

This song will be featured on my short film, Secret Admirer, that will begin shooting in two weeks. 

Here is a sample of this song and her beautiful voice! I am working hard to accomplish a lot of things and sort of mastermind this all. 

I wanted to share this with you all so you can see what it is I am working on and do with this Media Production Company outside of DallasMavsBasketball.com

I hope you appreciate how cool this song is and great it is to officially have my first musician I will be publishing soon. 

I hope you like it, and I hope this gets you excited to see my upcoming film as well

ENJOY!

Like Reply
I know this is more of a R.O.T.W. but it is related to the site, and so I thought temporarily it wouldn't hurt to leave it here, but I will likely move it back to ROTW later.
Like Reply
Sooooo a Mavs related update to my film career:

I’m not only shooting my first short film beginning next week;

I also am one of two roles in a short horror film by the advanced class.

I got the part and we began shooting yesterday on the Mesa(a mountain here in the Grand Valley, Colorado, where I live) at 7am... we shot until 1pm and then I had to rush back to get to host my radio show on KMSA 91.3 FM

So that was a long and rough day shooting in the cold. My character was the only one not wearing a beanie he was to wear a hat...

So I’m colder than everyone else as they are all bundled up in blankets and beanies and hoodies and I had my ears exposed and felt like my ears and face were on fire it was so cold hahaha

But it’s just an experience and a story to tell. We still have a few more shooting sessions to do...

Anywho

The reason I am writing about this here? It’s their film but we were picking out my character’s costume and they wanted a ball cap and I only have Mavericks hats.... so my character is sporting a Dallas Mavs hat in this horror film, I’m starring in! 

Hahaha silly but cool and fun way to sport my fandom!

Go Mavs!
Like Reply
I'm not a horror film type of guy, but I would take a look on your one just to find out about that Mavs hat wearing charakter.

Do you already have a clue when It's gonna be published?
Like Reply
(10-12-2019, 02:53 PM)WillE Wrote: I'm not a horror film type of guy, but I would take a look on your one just to find out about that Mavs hat wearing charakter.

Do you already have a clue when It's gonna be published?

I am not a big horror guy neither, but this script seems interesting and I like it. This one isn't MY film I am just the actor in it. I auditioned and got the role. 

Now for the release? We are still shooting and have a couple more weeks of shooting to finish before we wrap. Then they will be working on it in post and adding the special effects etc. They should be done by December sometime most likely... Then we have a few film festivals in the area, which this will likely be shown there. So after the first couple in the Spring, there is one more big one in the fall... so that is almost a year away from now... so if this film makes it into the BIG festival in the fall, then it will be held back from being released until after those festivals. 

So it could be released to the public either in the Spring or next Fall due to the scheduling and screenings at the festivals. 

I will let you know when there is an update on a release date.
Like Reply
Big Grin 
Yes please!

I kinda admire people in this industry. It's so tough, so unpredictale. I chose a more stable lifestyle and that's exactly why I constantly wonder how people can live such lifes and still be happy - or to be more precise: how unflexible I am to not be able to imagine me living like that without freaking out  Rolleyes
Like Reply
(10-13-2019, 02:08 PM)WillE Wrote: I kinda admire people in this industry. It's so tough, so unpredictale. I chose a more stable lifestyle and that's exactly why I constantly wonder how people can live such lifes and still be happy - or to be more precise: how unflexible I am to not be able to imagine me living like that without freaking out

I have just known all my life I am not a typical 9-5er... I get bored quick and that is what would make me depressed, before. I like new and exciting challenges. I designed my first website in the 90s as a teen, and then began to program in various code from html to javascript, to basic/qbasic/vbasic, to c++ ... and then I went into music, and began to make beats for hip-hop, and would engineer artists and manage them, which is how I owned a small rinky-dink independent record label haha but it was great experience for me. I then created a music blog/social media network in 09-11 that was doing really well and tied in well with multiple facets of the music industry. I began to interview and work with top musicians in the industry. Then I took some time off from it all as the music industry was never really my main goal nor what made me happy. I am not a musician, I like music but I have been writing all my life and always felt film is my true medium but I couldn't afford to own the equipment to practice or learn. 

So I went through some rough things with my health and life break-down stuff as I was just not handling my 20s well haha... but after a near-death bout with cancer it pushed me to finally go for what I have always wanted and that is working in film and making movies. I knew I didn't have the skills yet, so I decided to get myself into school to learn how. I am aiming for one goal and I won't let anything get in my way. All of my life I have been building to this with all these various skillsets. They help me as a filmmaker and business owner to handling all of these tasks while I get started... and then all of the wild-life fails and experience just helps me as a storyteller...

so to me? its this or nothing.. and I will work at it till I die. Nothing makes me happier to do so.
Like Reply
Detours extend the local knowledge, right?

I think that all peolpe deserve multiple chances to find out what they want to do in their work lifes.
Good for those, who hit the nail on the head for the first try, but that's not a given. Ultimately it's essentiall to do something that makes you happy - whatever that means for each individual.

So I'm happy for you, that you found your way.

Even though you didn't deny, that the film industry is a tough one, I assume this doesn't really matter for you, as nothing comes easy for those who have some higher goals.

And I feel like you did your homework and do the basics it takes. After that, all it could take is the right moment/timing to get a foot into the door. Work only starts from thereon, but that's a great thing if it also means to enjoy yourself.

So: best of luck and keep believing!
Like Reply
[Image: 1-EC424-A7-C8-EA-451-B-9479-6-D0-AFCA5-FFD7.jpg]

Here is a Behind the Scenes shot of me in costume and makeup(it takes 2-3 hours of makeup every day before shooting) on location for the horror film, “Untold Skies”(working title) that I’m starring in

And check it out ...

My character is originally from the DFW area and wears a Mavs hat hahaha yeah that was a personal thing I added in and I thought you’d all like to see us mavs fans represented in a movie 

I look so scary wicked in this shot haha
Like Reply
Behind the Scenes with James Rich by Dalen Brazelton

[/url][url=https://www.qabickcents.com/2019/11/13/behind-the-scenes-with-james-rich]https://www.qabickcents.com/2019/11/13/behind-the-scenes-with-james-rich
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 10:35 PM)Magickian Wrote: Here is a Behind the Scenes shot of me in costume and makeup(it takes 2-3 hours of makeup every day before shooting) on location for the horror film

First thing I said aloud before I read your post was  "WOW that makeup must take forever to put on" lol.

Well worth it! I hope the film is a smashing success.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 10:35 PM)Magickian Wrote: [Image: 1-EC424-A7-C8-EA-451-B-9479-6-D0-AFCA5-FFD7.jpg]

Here is a Behind the Scenes shot of me in costume and makeup(it takes 2-3 hours of makeup every day before shooting) on location for the horror film, “Untold Skies”(working title) that I’m starring in

And check it out ...

My character is originally from the DFW area and wears a Mavs hat hahaha yeah that was a personal thing I added in and I thought you’d all like to see us mavs fans represented in a movie 

I look so scary wicked in this shot haha

Impressive, really.

I haven't expected such a level of professionalism, as I was under the impression that you're still going to school and are just starting this thing. But from what I see there, it doesn't look like amateur stuff but serious producing. Hats off.

I'm still not a horror fan, but at least the fact you brought our shared passion into this with this Mavs cap is funny to me.

Keep going: the ceiling is the roof!? ;D
Like Reply
(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)WillE Wrote: Impressive, really.

I haven't expected such a level of professionalism, as I was under the impression that you're still going to school and are just starting this thing. But from what I see there, it doesn't look like amateur stuff but serious producing. Hats off.

THANK YOU! That is a lovely compliment and we are TRYING to make it look as professional as possible. Our professor helped to make 127 Hours and Napoleon Dynamite as well as some other movies, but yeah he is truly a great professor who has brought us all along well.

(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)WillE Wrote: the fact you brought our shared passion into this with this Mavs cap is funny to me.

hahaha yeah thanks! I had to inject something personal into their script

(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)WillE Wrote: the ceiling is the roof!? ;D

this is the original video where he slipped and said this (which is a silly slip up and funny thing to say...)
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/video/16565819/

and THEN here is the SUPER funny remix meme by ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKBezpdnbwQ
Like Reply
(11-15-2019, 11:50 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)WillE Wrote: Impressive, really.

THANK YOU! That is a lovely compliment and we are TRYING to make it look as professional as possible. Our professor helped to make 127 Hours and Napoleon Dynamite as well as some other movies, but yeah he is truly a great professor who has brought us all along well.

I haven't seen these but at least heard about them, so I guess you're learning from a true pro. That's great for you - it's always good to learn from those who already performed at the biggest stages.
(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)WillE Wrote: the fact you brought our shared passion into this with this Mavs cap is funny to me.

hahaha yeah thanks! I had to inject something personal into their script

Great idea - but do I assume right that your character is a Mavs fan whom one wouldn't like to meet "alone in the dark"?

(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)WillE Wrote: the ceiling is the roof!? ;D

this is the original video where he slipped and said this (which is a silly slip up and funny thing to say...)
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/video/16565819/

and THEN here is the SUPER funny remix meme by ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKBezpdnbwQ

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 
I'm used to a lot of soccer players slipping verbally, as quite a number of those are...not the smartest guys. This basketball example is new to me, but I probably won't forget this very soon...

Arrg, I killed the format above. Sorry about that, I look to clean it up when I have some time...
Like Reply