Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LAC in 4
11.43%
4 11.43%
LAC in 5
40.00%
14 40.00%
LAC in 6
17.14%
6 17.14%
LAC in 7
0%
0 0%
DAL in 7
17.14%
6 17.14%
DAL in 6
11.43%
4 11.43%
DAL in 5
2.86%
1 2.86%
DAL in 4
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS: WC 1st Rnd - (2) LAC (4-2) vs. (7) DAL (2-4) | DAL Eliminated
(08-26-2020, 03:14 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I don't see the most recent ones either, Darth
Thanks they are showing up now.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 03:34 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Perfect time for the Mavs to "boycott" a game or two whilst KP's knees get a bit of a rest.

I guess this was the natural evolution of the NBA going all-in on BLM everything. From the court to kneeling to jerseys there was no way they were not going to eventually get into boycotts and here we are. Bubble could be over or suspended. If the latter that could be good news for our boy KP.

LOL, well SBJ, I liked your first post. Then you added the second paragraph after I "liked" the post. No offense, but here's an "unlike". :-)
Like Reply
No problem fifteeth, you like what you please. As a new recruit of BLM I think we should boycott all games for the next 5 days! meanwhile if KP's knees happen to heal up so be it. Justice is justice.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:23 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: No problem fifteeth, you like what you please. As a new recruit of BLM I think we should boycott all games for the next 5 days! meanwhile if KP's knees happen to heal up so be it. Justice is justice.

We agree. As someone who wants for the country we live in to heal it's wounds and right it's wrongs, AND as someone who wants for KP to play games 6 and 7...we agree. :-)
Like Reply
The Houston station, also reporting the Rockets game being postponed. It showed Russell Westbrook talking to Chris Paul. The reporter indicated the plan to reschedule but then opined....or the games might not be rescheduled at all. I think I am hearing players have left the bubble. I am trying to wrap my head around how I would feel if this is it. 

I will start with this, that loss last night cannot take away our two wins, no matter how many points they scored or how loudly they celebrated. But, this shooting and the predictable response may have just taken away our teams chance to get them back.

Another thought: Chris Webber just stated that the players know this will not change anything ......but continued, this is still the right response with something to the effect, young black men, you must continue to be part of the change for the change to happen. 

My take, it is certainly understandable to hope that this boycott might be the straw that broke the camels back, at least toward the change of police actions in shooting black men. I would suppose that that proverbial straw may happen at some point.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 07:18 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I am hearing players have left the bubble

Ending the season would be a massive F...Y.. to the league who really put in collosal effort to save the season. Of course there would be money implications by additional revenue lost - who knows how big. But hey, it is their money they are losing. I can survive without basketball, it is just something for me to relax, there are plenty other things I can and will do. And once they are back to playing basketball, I will also return.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 04:34 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:23 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: No problem fifteeth, you like what you please. As a new recruit of BLM I think we should boycott all games for the next 5 days! meanwhile if KP's knees happen to heal up so be it. Justice is justice.

We agree. As someone who wants for the country we live in to heal it's wounds and right it's wrongs, AND as someone who wants for KP to play games 6 and 7...we agree. :-)

Doesn't anyone think that Clippers DONT WANT A BOYCOTT, simply because they want to put the Mavs away when they are injured, rather than play them when they're at 100 Percent! Tongue
Like Reply
I guess boycotting was the natural progression of NBA going all in on BLM. Go ahead and cancel the season I guess. We got a great Luka game out of it and a generally good series when everyone is available. I hope they can start up a new season eventually. Not sure what response is going to ever satisfy the players and Doc Rivers but we will have to wait and see.
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 03:00 PM)Darth Cuban Wrote: I also can’t read mavluvr’s posts because they are black on black.

Hey for the black on black issue, a fix that works sometimes is heading over to your themes (which is located on the bottom right of your screen if you scroll all the way down) and changing it to the light theme. If your screen is all dark, then you're on the default dark mobile theme.

There is a weird glitch where your screen is actually displaying the dark theme while telling you that you currently have Light Theme equipped. The way to fix that is to just switch to dark theme, then switch back to light theme.

Let me know if that solves your issue.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Are NBA teams playing today or what?
Like Reply
More time to rest up.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...0488054785
Like Reply
(08-26-2020, 11:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 03:00 PM)Darth Cuban Wrote: I also can’t read mavluvr’s posts because they are black on black.

Hey for the black on black issue, a fix that works sometimes is heading over to your themes (which is located on the bottom right of your screen if you scroll all the way down) and changing it to the light theme. If your screen is all dark, then you're on the default dark mobile theme.

There is a weird glitch where your screen is actually displaying the dark theme while telling you that you currently have Light Theme equipped. The way to fix that is to just switch to dark theme, then switch back to light theme.

Let me know if that solves your issue.
Thank you, sir. I was looking all over the settings for that.
Like Reply
So playoffs will resume but games getting postponed. We have to hope they postpone for several days at a minimum but who knows? I wonder how bad this KP knee situation is. He has had a sore knee before, does anyone remember how much time he missed? Man I would love the Mavs to just finish this series at full strength. Running out there with no KP and getting killed is just a downer way to end a series.
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 12:06 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: how much time he missed?

10 games or approximately 3 weeks at a time
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 12:39 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 12:06 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: how much time he missed?

10 games or approximately 3 weeks at a time

Womp.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...3421562881

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1...8853922817
Like Reply
Friday or Saturday probably won't be enough time for KP but I guess it's better than playing today.
Like Reply
I guess everyday helps though.

Should also help our walking wounded. Of course, that probably means Beverly will be available to LACs.
Like Reply
(08-27-2020, 03:32 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Of course, that probably means Beverly will be available to LACs.

I wouldn't be so sure. There was talk of Bev missing the entire first round, and perhaps even more. 

Maybe he does recover enough with his mysterious calf strain to play next game but so far all the reports have indicated otherwise. 

With that said, I hope KP responds to treatment and is feeling better. Need both the Unicorn and Luka Magic to come back from 3-2.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I may just watch game 4 again tonight.  I hope we win.
Like Reply