Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
(06-13-2020, 09:36 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Honestly if these players want change they should all donate 1% of their annual salaries to school projects in black communties and help get kids proper education and college opportunities. Education is like a pandemic. You help 10 children to a college degree, they can spread it to 100 others, who can spread it to 1000....

If they wait for the political and social system to change (anything), then I might point to hundreds of dead elementary school children. The repeated murders of little children could not bring Republicans or/and Democrats to put their differences aside and make a change. Something lawmakers in literally every civilised country in the world (that has suffered just 1-2 of them, not dozens) could agree upon within a month, regardless of their political agenda.

If they don´t play till these protests are over, they´ll be waiting forever. Usually the scumbags in congress would just sit this out, until people get on with their lives. Unfortunately for the them, this time people have no lives to get back to, because they are all unemployed.

So sadly this explosive situation will either continue for many months or people will go back home, because the protests served as a superspreader of Corona virus and people start dying in the thousands again.

Sad

I think you're over blowing the covid thing by miles. In fact, i know you are and there is no such thing as 'systemic racism' currently in place in this country. But hey, if they want to sit out, let them. The rest is mostly bs from athletes a lot of fans are growing tired of, and have been for years now--if football was any sort of precursor.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: Shams: "Players and league have approved new format." - by luka_skywalker_77 - 06-13-2020, 02:31 PM