Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
(05-20-2020, 10:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 08:41 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Anyone else not want the season to start back up?

I know for myself I'm not going to consider whoever wins the title this year real champions.... Unless it's the Mavs and then I will have to do some mental gymnastics.
Im 100% with you.

Its May already. The season has been essentially over for me for a while. I'm ready for next year. Forcing the season to come back in some sort of rushed compromise with the chance of one infection shutting down the rest of the season again makes little to no sense for me.

I want basketball as much as the next guy, but to start back up mid July and restart the next season in December is radical. Makes much more sense to just call it a year and start the next season earlier, like in the beginning of October rather than the end.
Well, depending on if/when an effective vaccine or treatment is developed, the same thing could happen next season as well.  It doesn't look like this virus is just going to disappear over the summer like I originally hoped it might.  If we are going to shut down a season over one infection, then we may never again see an NBA season.  I say play ball this summer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: Shams: "hope emerging of games tipping off by mid-July." - by mtrot - 05-22-2020, 11:18 PM