Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
(03-18-2020, 05:30 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 04:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 04:31 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: If we listen to those experts, risk of infection for NBA players will be an issue until the coronavirus has a complete resolution. 
A cure.  A pure vaccine.  Perhaps seasonal destruction of the virus and a life cycle that completely ends the threat or reduces it to a tiny threat. 

Competitive basketball players will require a major resolution to play without risk of infection. 
Social distancing isn't realistically feasible in under the rules of basketball for example.
Even if that's the sure-fire way, which I agree, I find it hard to believe that there won't be a period of time where the virus is still out there, but experts are saying to go back to your regular life. At that point is where I believe Sports will resume, who knows when that will be though.
Well, considering all the body contact and how they get up in each other's faces, every time the players take the court in the winter, there is some risk of picking up the seasonal flu or a cold.  The risk of seasonal flu is just something that we have accepted and we don't let it grind our lives and economy to a halt.  At some point, COVID-19 is either just going to be "out there" somewhere, or it will die out like SARS did.  I'm not sure when we will know the answer to that question.  But at some point, we are going to start back up the economy.

Agreed, although COVID-19 is beyond the seasonal flu in several ways and I'm sure the NBA won't want their players potentially getting it and spreading it among themselves and beyond.   
That said, I do trust we will get past it, hopefully sooner rather than later, by God's grace. 
There are some very promising treatments coming to light at record speed, so maybe we'll be talking Mavs basketball sooner rather than later.   Angel
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA suspended for "minimum 3 months" - by Dahlsim - 03-18-2020, 08:13 PM