Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
Man this sucks, I didn't realize it would get this bad and it's possible the NBA doesn't even finish the season which is crazy to think about.
Like Reply
There are reports claiming that Gobert was playing around the locker room laughing and touching careless, and now his best player Mitchell gets it. Unnaceptable behavior and it should affect his free agency.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:14 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: There are reports claiming that Gobert was playing around the locker room laughing and touching careless, and now his best player Mitchell gets it. Unnaceptable behavior and it should affect his free agency.
This...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:14 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: There are reports claiming that Gobert was playing around the locker room laughing and touching careless, and now his best player Mitchell gets it. Unnaceptable behavior and it should affect his free agency.

Terrible reporting by Woj even if Rudy’s teammates gave some thoughtless answers.  I have lost a lot of respect for Woj. Maybe Mitchell gave the virus to Rudy. Does anyone know for sure? Plus in any team env all of us interact with others.  Acting as if Rudy knowingly spread a virus is ridiculous.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 08:13 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/stat...1537881093

I had heard a syndicated show, reacting to a report, on the radio the other day... The host was reacting to a report that the NBA was looking into possibly starting their season later in order to avoid conflicting with Football before Christmas or Thanksgiving... This would push the NBA season later into the summer and into a competition primarily with baseball. He was not impressed with the idea.

Looking at this situation, the NBA gets a trial run at this "late schedule" proposal by finishing the season - the other important point is that it is in everyone's best interest to finish the season in full arenas, due to BRI impact.

China really figured out how to punish the NBA for Morey's remarks j/k
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:18 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:

Terrible reporting by Woj even if Rudy’s teammates gave some thoughtless answers.  I have lost a lot of respect for Woj. Maybe Mitchell gave the virus to Rudy. Does anyone know for sure? Plus in any team env all of us interact with others.  Acting as if Rudy knowingly spread a virus is ridiculous.

Really not important. Health experts have set guideliness to follow in terms of human contact and hygiene. He went out of his way to mock these guidelines and potential endanger others. At best he´s stupid, an asshole or both.
Like Reply
OMG, his teammates allowed him to touch them (where did he touch them?)? All their fault, if they would just follow the guidelines..........
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:55 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 10:18 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:

Really not important. Health experts have set guideliness to follow in terms of human contact and hygiene. He went out of his way to mock these guidelines and potential endanger others. At best he´s stupid, an asshole or both.

It is important because the difference is being stupid vs evil 

What guidelines are you talking about? Luka was hugging everyone when guidelines ask folks to stay a hand length away?  Other players were too. Incubation period is 2 weeks. What guidelines are followed in locker rooms where folks commonly share items?

I understand saying he should not have been dumb enough to mock and touch mics , but the locker room stuff seems like teammates just looking to blame someone.  If the team really wanted to follow guidelines then why not quarantine him if they knew a test was pending  considering this is highly contagious and so many folks on a team share common travel and work places.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:59 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: OMG, his teammates allowed him to touch them (where did he touch them?)? All their fault, if they would just follow the guidelines..........

Ah please. He purposely did it in front of reporters. You think he suddenly acted more responsibly in other areas of life. Of course there will be physical contact among basketball players, and that´s probably enough to transmit the virus, but that doesn´t mean you shouldn´t get called out for acting like an asshole endangering others.

The virus has killed more people than 9/11. You allow Rudy to mock 9/11, because he didn´t fly the planes personally?

They don´t take these drastic measures in China, Italy or South Korea for no reason.
Like Reply
You talked about guidelines. Tell me again what the guidelines are. Don’t lecture me on the dangers of the virus. I know the danger it poses.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 11:15 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: You talked about guidelines. Tell me again what the guidelines are. Don’t lecture me in the dangers of the virus.  I know the danger it poses.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases...for-public
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 11:17 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 11:15 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: You talked about guidelines. Tell me again what the guidelines are. Don’t lecture me in the dangers of the virus.  I know the danger it poses.

Huh?  I am asking what guidelines he violated. Did he violate any NBA guidelines?  Does the team not have any guidelines if there is a pending CV test?  Don’t give me a generic article by which every player including all the Mavs players who were hugging and shaking hands with the Nugz players yesterday are guilty of.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 11:21 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:

Huh?  I am asking what guidelines he violated. Did he violate any NBA guidelines?  Does the team not have any guidelines if there is a pending CV test?  Don’t give me a generic article by which every player including all the Mavs players who were hugging and shaking hands with the Nugz players yesterday are guilty of.
Exactly, it's no different than him shaking the hands of his teammates or hugging them or high fiving them (edit: all things that he probably did when he first saw his teammates). It's a witch hunt to find out if he floats like very small rocks. Now, bring me a SHRUBBERY!
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 11:21 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:

I´m not sure what you want from me? You wanted guidelines. I gave you the guidelines from the WHO.

I didn´t know the NBA was the leading authority on public health.

Obviously the NBA wouldn´t recommend no physically contact like handshakes, cause then they would have had to stop all games immediately, but MONEY MONEY MONEY.

That doesn´t mean Gobert needed to go out of his way to act like a jerk outside of his professional work, too.

I quote

"Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus in the locker room, touching teammates and their belongings."

Obviously he pulled the media stunt in the locker room, too.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 01:08 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: If you're looking for a seriously or of touch silver lining, this helps a team that's been dealing with serious injuries. You're looking at possibly finishing the season whenever they start back up, with a semi healthy roster.

(03-11-2020, 11:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: This virus is going to plunge us straight into a recession. People can't work, restaurants are seeing fewer customers, companies are laying off employees, stock market is down 25% in 2 weeks. Bad time for this to happen in a election year.

I serially doubt it goes that far...for what amounts to be a bad cold for 99% of people.

Keep believing that. Dow is down 2,200 pts right now. 401K's are tanking.  A bad cold?  Great analogy.
Like Reply
You quoted something by the players which is what I started off by saying it was rubbish for Woj to tweet. So I asked specifically what guidelines he violated and we have come full circle now with no details about guidelines but just back to the original quote.

I understand people are angry and want to blame someone. It’s a natural reaction when our lives are in danger and we have no control over what is going on. It doesn’t mean that whatever we say during those times are correct.
Like Reply
(03-12-2020, 11:35 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I quote

"Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus in the locker room, touching teammates and their belongings."

Obviously he pulled the media stunt in the locker room, too.
As they shook his hand and gave him a hug when they met him, which is the GENESIS of the infection...all else is fluff. Now, chop down that tree with.....a herring!
Like Reply
(03-11-2020, 10:45 PM)sefant Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 08:43 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: This is such a overreaction. Do we all just cancel life until there's a cure and a vaccine?
Nah it really isn't. Every expert on the matter going to tell you the same. Imo USA already reacted a bit too late. Hopefully you don't have a Italy situation on your hand very soon. The amount of tests being done in the USA is a little bit scary tbh.

Northern Italy has top notch health care (better than the USA). This should have been the ultimate warning for the rest of the world to try to slow it down as much as possible.

Otherwise every hospital gonna run on 200 % capacity and "normal surgeries" are nowhere to be found. Strokes not treated etc. pp

This is what's currently happening in Italy - they can only save a limited amount of people so they choose the younger and healthier ones who have a better chance of surviving. Instead of a death rate of < 1 % it can quickly rise to 3-5 %, if the health system is crumbling. Italy isn't exactly a 3rd world country.

When you go to the Dr they give you the worse possible scenario all the time that is what the medical industry does to avoids law suits,

The medical industry that caused the opioid epidemic in the USA cant be trusted it is all about the bottom line.

Italy as only had 12,500 people effected out of 60 million. That is . 0002 % of Italians that got the virus.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1238156578731294721

https://t.co/8njrhVz0lJ
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I wonder what the comments would say if it was Luka and not Gobert that did this.
Like Reply