Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
(07-15-2020, 09:04 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 02:53 PM)michaeltex Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sp...li=BBnb7Kz

OOPS.

Wondered why he didn't travel with the team. Is Harden possibly positive as well?
Rockets Insider Cyberx claimed Harden had tested positive in a thread on Choke Fans...

Sports news here in Houston is saying they will both report when they are allowed to. But, they are already way behind on practice time. Won't matter. The Rockets have no chemistry anyway.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1...6796681218
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
[Image: 960x0.jpg]

Here’s the Mavericks’ complete scrimmage schedule:
  • Mavericks vs. Lakers – July 23 at 7:00 p.m. Eastern, Visa Center Arena

• Pacers vs. Mavericks – July 26 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern, HP Field House

• Mavericks vs. 76ers – July 28 at 8:30 p.m. Eastern, HP Field House

https://twitter.com/MFollowill/status/12...7105653760
Like Reply
10 minute quarters is to tamp down the thumping the Mavs will put on the Lakers.  (or keep Luka from a triple double)

I wonder if the Lakers might broadcast that game?
Like Reply
Luka gets triple doubles in halves of games!
Like Reply
(07-16-2020, 04:20 PM)Hypermav Wrote: 10 minute quarters is to tamp down the thumping the Mavs will put on the Lakers.  (or keep Luka from a triple double)

So their fans can see the best player in the League?... Angel
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(07-16-2020, 07:44 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 04:20 PM)Hypermav Wrote: 10 minute quarters is to tamp down the thumping the Mavs will put on the Lakers.  (or keep Luka from a triple double)

So their fans can see the best player in the League?... Angel
Correction, most talented, as “The Truth” has said!  Big Grin
Like Reply
Not a bad article - Mavs get a few mentions.  I especially like the shot at Foster and Brothers.  

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/...2_32381330
Like Reply
Found an article that all Lakers scrimmages will be televised so we should be able to at least find a stream to watch.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
"Of the 346 players tested for COVID-19 on the NBA campus since test results were last announced on July 13, zero have returned confirmed positive tests. 

In the event that a player on the NBA campus returns a confirmed positive test in the future, he will be isolated until he is cleared for leaving isolation under the rules established by the NBA and the Players Association."
Like Reply
(07-19-2020, 12:55 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Found an article that all Lakers scrimmages will be televised so we should be able to at least find a stream to watch.

Looks like NBA league pass has live coverage of all scrimmages
Like Reply
(07-21-2020, 12:31 PM)omahen Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 12:55 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Found an article that all Lakers scrimmages will be televised so we should be able to at least find a stream to watch.

Looks like NBA league pass has live coverage of all scrimmages

That is good to know. My guide did not yet show that this morning but it didn't show anything yet. I did record the first two scrimmages on NBA TV. Of course in Dallas, you can watch on Fox Sports SW. We don't get the Mavs there in Houston though we do get the Rangers and the Stars on FSSW.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Okay, set for Thursday night at 6pm on NBA TV.  Woot.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nba/2020...-date-time
Like Reply
I can't wait to see what this looks like. I hope the social justice stuff doesn't ruin it for me.

Looks like scrimmages already going on NBA TV.

So watching this Clippers game the court looks pretty cool but I wish they would pipe in some crowd noise. The BLM writing to me is sort of obnoxious. I guess they haven't unveiled the social message jerseys just yet. We will see what those look like. I saw a soccer game with piped in crowd noise and it just has a better feel to me. You could make the crowd noise favor the home-team essentially.
Like Reply
I didn't see the Clips game but tuned in on Nugz and Wiz.  The 4 streaming talking heads at the top of the screen are distracting.  I am tired of face to close to the web cam guy.
Like Reply
(07-22-2020, 03:01 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I can't wait to see what this looks like. I hope the social justice stuff doesn't ruin it for me.

Looks like scrimmages already going on NBA TV.

So watching this Clippers game the court looks pretty cool but I wish they would pipe in some crowd noise. The BLM writing to me is sort of obnoxious. I guess they haven't unveiled the social message jerseys just yet. We will see what those look like. I saw a soccer game with piped in crowd noise and it just has a better feel to me. You could make the crowd noise favor the home-team essentially.

Social Justice as general concept should be something most reasonable people can agree on.  Defining what that is however is another thing. 

If taken at face value for the words themselves, black lives matter, drawing attention to the issue of racial discrimination especially given the racial composition of the NBA, makes some compelling sense. 

On the other hand, if taken as a complete endorsement of an organization by that name and by implication all the organization stands for, then yes, it goes well beyond sports as an entertainment industry for all people now crossing into both politics and religious values. 

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/  - BLM the organization goes beyond black lives into sexual identity politics and beliefs about gender roles and the goals for family structures in society.  

Quote:We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.
We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.
We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).
Like Reply
Holy crap did anybody hear those awful sound effects pumped into the game while watching? The squeaking of the sneakers. The weird thumps/drums in the background to make it sound like they're running harder than they are.

So distracting.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Agree, the sounds are not great, I have no idea if that is pumped into the telecast or that is the sound in the gym.  Nets and Pels have full screen so that is an improvement.  

Shooting and turnovers have been really awful but I guess that should be expected.
Like Reply
For those that have watched the Denver vs Washington game, just started work so will have to watch it later. (9am here in Oz)

How did Jokic look?

The stats for Bol Bol look intriguing, though 2-8 3pts isn't good, he seems to think he is a taller Durant.
Does he appear to be a legit NBA wing?

How was the tall line-up with Jokic at PG? Smile
Like Reply
Jokic lost the dad bod but he looked like he was just messing around today.  Wild passes and turnovers are what I remember.  Bol looks good as a prospect.  He made a huge block on a jump shot.  I am enjoying watching basketball scrimmages even though it is rough around the edges.
Like Reply