Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs open practice w/ link to video of scrimmage
Fish announed it’ll be on Sunday October 6th. Doors open at 11:30am. Can’t wait to see the group play for the first time this season in person!!! Need some banana emoticons placed here! Edit: Official details on open practice here:

Official details on the open practice.
Like Reply
Anyone going? I injured my foot this week and doc requires me to keep off of it and keep it elevated. Would love to see pictures and stuff from anyone attending.
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 08:36 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Anyone going? I injured my foot this week and doc requires me to keep off of it and keep it elevated. Would love to see pictures and stuff from anyone attending.
They are live streaming it.
Like Reply
What happened to dwight powell? He didnt even appear. Did something happen to him?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...4706822144

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...6016075777

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...4518836232

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...0286397440

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...8131606530
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
Is there a full video of the whole practice
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 02:15 PM)robillionaire Wrote: Is there a full video of the whole practice

https://www.mavs.com/openpractice/

It will say the livestream has ended in the video window. But click on the open practice post on the right side of the video window. Then jump to 40:30 in the video for the start of the scrimmage.
Like Reply
Just watched the whole game and WOW!

Luka and Kristaps are going to be a problem for the league. Kristaps is still so agile even after putting on all that weight and Luka is as crafty as ever.

I think the first 5 possessions were a pick and pop with Luka to Kristaps for a long 2. Then a turnaround jumper by Kristaps. Back to back Luka 3's and then another 3 by Kristaps.

I am so excited.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I was there with my fam. Fourth time in the AAC with my sweet wife and 1st time with my 3 yr old and 5 yr old. My son starts YMCA bball tomorrow, so good timing. 

The first few minutes with Luka and KP were fun. JJB played a good amount, so that's good news re his injury. The scrimmage was sometimes sloppy, sometimes low intensity, but fun. Bobi should never cover a perimeter center like Maxi! Seth was fun to watch. THJ looked pretty good. JJax had a couple of smooth plays. KP does stuff that's just stupid for his size.
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 03:30 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just watched the whole game and WOW!

Luka and Kristaps are going to be a problem for the league. Kristaps is still so agile even after putting on all that weight and Luka is as crafty as ever.

I think the first 5 possessions were a pick and pop with Luka to Kristaps for a long 2. Then a turnaround jumper by Kristaps. Back to back Luka 3's and then another 3 by Kristaps.

I am so excited.

Yep they looked really good.

On top of that I loved what I saw from Delon and Seth. The next huge keys in this puzzle.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...9455948800
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 04:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: THJ looked pretty good.
Agree on everything except THJ.

He looked aggressive, but wasn't converting a lot. So shot selection and effectiveness still remains to be seen.

DFS looked good.
JBrunson was really controlling the game, effectiveness seemed to be limited though.
Boban didn't do a lot.
Maxi pulled the long ball trigger quickly.
Curry was aggressive and effective on drives and threes. He'll be pretty good on this squad...

(10-06-2019, 04:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: On top of that I loved what I saw from Delon.

For example?

I'm neutral on him for this scrimmage, as imo I didn't saw any real mistakes, yes, but also not much more. An open three and two drives in traffic - nothing more other then that.
I especially missed some floor general behaviour - Brunson showed that much more imho...
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 05:05 PM)WillE Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: THJ looked pretty good.
Agree on everything except THJ.

He looked aggressive, but wasn't converting a lot. So shot selection and effectiveness still remains to be seen.

DFS looked good.
JBrunson was really controlling the game, effectiveness seemed to be limited though.
Boban didn't do a lot.
Maxi pulled the long ball trigger quickly.
Curry was aggressive and effective on drives and threes. He'll be pretty good on this squad...

(10-06-2019, 04:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: On top of that I loved what I saw from Delon.

For example?

I'm neutral on him for this scrimmage, as imo I didn't saw any real mistakes, yes, but also not much more. An open three and two drives in traffic - nothing more other then that.
I especially missed some floor general behaviour - Brunson showed that much more imho...
Really would have liked to see DFS shoot some 3's. I don't think he attempted one.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Did Aric Holman play any?
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 05:49 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote: Did Aric Holman play any?

He did, but practical invisible.
Like Reply
Wow JJB looked like himself.  What a recovery!

Fun to watch the replay even with the annoying music but to each his own.
Like Reply
Agree on THJ - looked like a bit of a chucker out there.  Aggressive? Yes.  Efficient? No.

Delon looked good for someone supposedly nursing a bad hammy.  Was able to exploit the smaller guards on the blue squad.  Hit an open look 3 - which is one of the keys to him getting big minutes, imo.   He played good defense and got his hands on a few balls.  

JJB didn't look limited.  His stroke was solid.  

But really, this was about seeing Luka/KP interact, and they are gonna hurt people.  Luka's stroke looked great, and he had some great passes in this one.  Really crafty dimes.  KP was just silly with how he moved, faked, shot over people and generally just was unable to be covered.  Made the person covering him look silly at times.  He is worth the price of admission.

Seth Curry looked healthy.  Shot well, drove well, active hands and defensive awareness.  Only one scrimmage, but he looked VERY good.
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 09:31 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Agree on THJ - looked like a bit of a chucker out there.  Aggressive? Yes.  Efficient? No.

Delon looked good for someone supposedly nursing a bad hammy.  Was able to exploit the smaller guards on the blue squad.  Hit an open look 3 - which is one of the keys to him getting big minutes, imo.   He played good defense and got his hands on a few balls.  

But really, this was about seeing Luka/KP interact, and they are gonna hurt people.  Luka's stroke looked great, and he had some great passes in this one.  Really crafty dimes.  KP was just silly with how he moved, faked, shot over people and generally just was unable to be covered.  Made the person covering him look silly at times.  He is worth the price of admission.

Seth Curry looked healthy.  Shot well, drove well, active hands and defensive awareness.  Only one scrimmage, but he looked VERY good.

Echoes my sentiments exactly.

I still think Seth is going to give RC no choice but to start him. Delon/Seth/Luka/KP/DP is the best way to go IMO.
Like Reply
(10-06-2019, 09:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 09:31 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Agree on THJ - looked like a bit of a chucker out there.  Aggressive? Yes.  Efficient? No.

Echoes my sentiments exactly.

I still think Seth is going to give RC no choice but to start him. Delon/Seth/Luka/KP/DP is the best way to go IMO.

That is a very balanced lineup.  Not the strongest defensively, but that offense?  Sick.  

One other person I wanted to highlight - Roby.  Wow.  That dude is explosive.  Was like a young Shawn Marion out there.  He had a VERY fast jump and second jump.  Seemed raw, but his athleticism really popped!  He was getting up over the rim early and often.  I can't remember a ton of stat sheet items, but just often thinking  that what he was doing was explosive.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1...2309796864
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Really liked what I saw from the Delon/Doncic/KP/Kleber lineup. Good spacing with both bigs able to shoot from 3. Good defense with two great shot blockers and Delon on the perimeter.
Wouldn´t be suprised if that is the Mavs best lineup next year. Just one guard/wing missing.
DFS for rebounding/defense or Curry for shooting/playmaking?
Like Reply