Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brunson has had the most impressive summer
I was definitely wrong about the little man. He was an excellent 2nd round pick by the MBT and will be a top bench player for many years. When he takes a shot I´m actually confident it will go in. The only other Mavericks I can say that about are Luka and Porzingis. Curry I´m confident, when it´s uncontested. Everybody else...eh.

Normally I´d say Brunson is too short to be a starter, but given our potential/projected size at all other positions (Luka, DFS, Porzingis, Powell), it might actually be beneficial to have one smaller player in the starting 5 that has the speed and lateral quickness to defend the smaller opposing PGs. We´ll see.

The larger problem is that Brunson stands out so clearly, cause Wright and Curry have been so underwhelming. Admittedly it´s pre-season, but I heard THJ is already preparing the guestrooms in the doghouse.
Like Reply
According to The Ringer article Kamm posted in the other thread: 

Quote:“For all he can do, it’s not ideal for Doncic to be the team’s sole source of shot creation. After the trade deadline, Doncic averaged 97.1 touches per game. That’s more than Russell Westbrook, Nikola Jokic, and LeBron James. It was more than everyone—as a rookie!” It’s no wonder why he played so poorly down the final stretch last year. In the preseason, it looks like he’s trying to do too much again. When is Carlisle going to do the right thing and play Brunson, our second best playmaker, next to him more often? Our offense looks too predictable as it currently stands.

It’s not rocket science why Luka played so poorly down the final stretch last year. In the preseason, it looks like he’s trying to do too much again. When is Carlisle going to do the right thing and play Brunson, our second best playmaker, next to him more often? Our offense looks too predictable as it currently stands.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TamaraJolee/status/1...4128496640
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 02:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TamaraJolee/status/1...4128496640

Woah... super cool! The league really likes him a lot. I only hear good things about him.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 02:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TamaraJolee/status/1...4128496640
Wanted to be excited about it, until I noticed Rondo got some votes
Like Reply
The starting lineup tonight, that included Brunson, is the right starting lineup.  At six foot three he’s easily tall enough to play the defensive point.  I expect he’ll make an all star team or come damn close before his career is through. The BB IQ will help.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 11:32 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The starting lineup tonight, that included Brunson, is the right starting lineup.  At six foot three he’s easily tall enough to play the defensive point.  I expect he’ll make an all star team or come damn close before his career is through. The BB IQ will help.
I've been saying for a while Brunson is a starter and would earn that starting spot...

What a steal in the second round...much better player than DSJ will ever be...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-18-2019, 05:58 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: What a steal in the second round...much better player than DSJ will ever be...
https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/dennis-smi...uard-test/

Considering DSJ will be a backup to Payton (most likely), the DSJ era is fizdalling in NY.

Hope NY enjoys our non lottery picks as well.  So happy with the KP trade.
Like Reply
Yes, i too believe Brunson will be the starter by the end of the year or next year. 

He also has shown he can easily play off of Luka. He's just savvy and plays the right way. 

Man, that KP trade looks lopsided more and more every day
Like Reply
As great as Brunson is playing, whether he starts or not, ultimately I think he should be the guy that is always on the floor if Luka is off the floor. That doesn't mean he can't play with Luka, of course, and it doesn't mean he can't play 30+ mpg. But we need him on the floor when Luka is off the floor. 

As far as starting, I realized last night that starting Brunson allows JJB to be in the rotation. Not sure that's what will happen, but it's interesting.

These are possibly the starting lineup choices (not sure which I'd pick):

1. Luka
   Brunson
   Delon
   Powell, Maxi or DFS
   KP

2. Luka
   Delon
   Jackson
   Powell, Maxi or DFS
   KP

3. Luka
   Delon
   THJ
   Powell, Maxi or DFS
   KP
Like Reply
(10-18-2019, 09:26 AM)fifteenth Wrote: As great as Brunson is playing, whether he starts or not, ultimately I think he should be the guy that is always on the floor if Luka is off the floor. That doesn't mean he can't play with Luka, of course, and it doesn't mean he can't play 30+ mpg. But we need him on the floor when Luka is off the floor. 

As far as starting, I realized last night that starting Brunson allows JJB to be in the rotation. Not sure that's what will happen, but it's interesting.

These are possibly the starting lineup choices (not sure which I'd pick):

1. Luka
   Brunson
   Delon
   Powell, Maxi or DFS
   KP

2. Luka
   Delon
   Jackson
   Powell, Maxi or DFS
   KP

3. Luka
   Delon
   THJ
   Powell, Maxi or DFS
   KP
Number 1 with Powell IMO...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Totally agree with Brunson starting, though I was enamored with a big lineup featuring Doncic at Guard + JJ or DFS on the wing. The big lineup just needs more playmakers. Maybe Wright can become a dynamic No 2 playmaker, but he just seems to disappear at times. 

I re-read this article https://www.slamonline.com/nba/jalen-brunson-story/  and rewatched the embedded video. I love how his former coach at Villanova says Brunson is like the best of Kyle Lowery and Randy Foye combined. 

I really liked how he played late last year. and I love his toughness. I think he's a legit starter in this league.
Like Reply