Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW DARK THEME!
Okay folks... due to popular demand... I personally made a new Dark Theme... 

I had to tinker it with it awhile and change things from an old outdated theme that didn't work anymore. It does have some unique images and style choices but I had to edit the code and alter the colors to match the team again. I had to work out some kinks too...

So it isn't perfect... but let me know what you think. 

You can select your theme at the bottom right of the forum. 

The one thing I can't fix is the textbox will have to be white... I tried the dark version and it didn't mesh nor work well with this theme, so that part will just have to remain. 

I can't design the Mobile Responsive Theme as I am not actually a web designer believe it or not haha. I am a Filmmaker, I am just a Jack of All Trades type. I have been designing sites and building companies since the 90s so I have plenty of experience but I am not an official coder, nor graphic designer, nor web developer. 

I hope you all like the new Dark Theme I made for us... and I hope you all have some patience with some of the bugs or kinks but I also hope you all see how serious I take running this board. I try to fix problems instantly. I am trying to get us all ready for the season and the MANY years to come I intend to run this board. 

Thank you all for your support.
Like Reply
Using dark mode now. Much easier on the eyes. Well done
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
HOLY! 

Is there anything you can't do? Well done! Thank you!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I can feel the raw power of Dark Mode.

I am slowly getting the functions the way I like them.

https://gph.is/188uvYZ

Now this giphy won't show up for some reason.
Like Reply
Dude this Dark theme is excellent! Also what a hell a of board put together in such a short time. So very grateful to you Magic and the Mods who have helped this board come together so quickly!

Very much appreciated fellas!!!
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 03:54 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I can feel the raw power of Dark Mode.

hmm, I’m on dark mode and I can see it.
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 05:22 PM)robillionaire Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:54 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I can feel the raw power of Dark Mode.

hmm, I’m on dark mode and I can see it.
I can't on mobile using desktop view...but I can see mine above his...
Like Reply
This is a gamechanger . Had no idea, I was missing that in my life.
Like Reply
Nice. Most of my mavs stuff runs in dark mode. Good to have one for here too
Like Reply
https://gph.is/1Fb2NZI

OKAY... so it seems that gif you used is LARGE and it doesn't work well on desktop mode... but it does work on mobile...

I tried to fix this but it seems if it is too big the forum tries to resize a gif and if it resizes it, it stops the animation.

Also... I got a NEW theme that is Mobile Responsive. 

I had to buy it... it wasn't too expensive. Cost me $25. Then it wasn't ready out of the box so I had to fix the code for about 5 hours and now it seems to be working. The only thing is when GIFs are too big and posted they get messed up... and most GIFs work so it doesn't seem to be a huge problem... it is annoying but I am not quite sure how to fix it. 

Check it out on Mobile.. what do yall think?
Like Reply
Sorry...I don't like the dark mode.  Are we going to have the option to choose different color modes?
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 01:30 AM)Magickian Wrote: https://gph.is/1Fb2NZI

OKAY... so it seems that gif you used is LARGE and it doesn't work well on desktop mode... but it does work on mobile...

I tried to fix this but it seems if it is too big the forum tries to resize a gif and if it resizes it, it stops the animation.

Also... I got a NEW theme that is Mobile Responsive. 

I had to buy it... it wasn't too expensive. Cost me $25. Then it wasn't ready out of the box so I had to fix the code for about 5 hours and now it seems to be working. The only thing is when GIFs are too big and posted they get messed up... and most GIFs work so it doesn't seem to be a huge problem... it is annoying but I am not quite sure how to fix it. 

Check it out on Mobile.. what do yall think?
Makes sense, thanks so much for your work on this!

I saw the donations tab.  I made a small contribution.  Hopefully you will get several more to help cover the cost of the mobile app.

I like the mobile dark theme better on the desktop.  The layout is better.  I don't see the donations tab on the light or dark original.  You might want to add that or am I not seeing it hiding somewhere?
Like Reply
Just made my donation now...
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 06:00 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Sorry...I don't like the dark mode.  Are we going to have the option to choose different color modes?
yes there is a theme selector at the bottom... you may not like the two dark themes... but one in particular is the Mobile Theme that works on Mobile. So I was trying to help the people upset about that... You can pick the Light theme still
Like Reply
(09-25-2019, 05:44 PM)Thukydides Wrote: This is a gamechanger . Had no idea, I was missing that in my life.

Same here - love the new theme.

Thx so much!
Like Reply
(09-26-2019, 06:40 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Just made my donation now...
Thank you!

(09-26-2019, 06:10 AM)Hypermav Wrote: I saw the donations tab.  I made a small contribution.  Hopefully you will get several more to help cover the cost of the mobile app.
Thank you for your contribution as well!  

and good call I need to add it on both of them as well. 

----------

Also... no feel obligated to pitch in, people have just continued to ask how to donate, so I put them up. Thank you all for your support in this manner. Every bit helps, I promise you, but I am happy to do this and am excited to help and work on this project.
Like Reply
It looks even better now. The box you type in is also dark

I used the mobile dark theme a little bit on my phone. Personally I prefer to use the full version so I switched back to that but they both function pretty well
Like Reply
Like the Dark Theme, only thing that looks odd it that the banner (DallasMavsBasketball) always stretches to 100% width and it looks odd (and huge) on my widescreen PC Monitor. 

I think you should set a width limit here: 

global.css 
.mylogo {
    width: 100%;
{
Like Reply
Awesome!
Like Reply