Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Hawks
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 49: ATL (13-37) @ DAL (30-19) | 123-100 win
Broekhoff has been a bit shite.
Like Reply
Nice decision by Delon to kick it out this time.
Like Reply
Brunson is a good player.
Like Reply
gamethreads are quiet these days like 4-5 pages
RIP Kobe.... so sad man. Cry Props to a legend man even though you killed my favorite team(s) too many times to count!! 

Hurts everytime I throw somethin away yellin KOBE!! now but will eventually make me smile too Sad
Like Reply
Excellent win! Kudos to Maxi, DFS and Brunson for really stepping up with Luka and KP sidelined and THJ on a cold night. Atlanta is just bad.
Like Reply
(02-01-2020, 08:53 PM)mtrot Wrote: Come on guys, Mavs are gonna beat these guys like a drum!
Called it(for once)!
Like Reply
What a time to be alive. All our players playing good quality minutes, Vince got his moments (tribute, dunk, dirk shot) and we got the W. Can't all games be like this?
Like Reply
Hopefully we keep this same general minute distribution with KP taking all of Bro's minutes plus a few more from Jackson 
Should be competitive against most teams
Like Reply
Cauley-Stein, no fouls! That's like Luka with no turnovers.

Getting to watch a real center play for the Mavs:

https://media.giphy.com/media/jrn7VsmJ6D8bK/giphy.gif
Like Reply
Congrats to Brunson...he needed that game big-time!
Like Reply
So happy to see Maxi and WCS get real minutes here, more of that in this stretch
Like Reply
Maxi and WCS looked great when paired together. Total lockdown of the paint.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 10:14 AM)Halfnir Wrote: Maxi and WCS looked great when paired together. Total lockdown of the paint.

That is the interesting thing about last night.  WCS was only +1 and WCS w/Maxi was +3.  All of the damage occurred when Maxi was the lone big.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 11:00 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:14 AM)Halfnir Wrote: Maxi and WCS looked great when paired together. Total lockdown of the paint.

That is the interesting thing about last night. WCS was only +1 and WCS w/Maxi was +3. All of the damage occurred when Maxi was the lone big.

He's good at it! Except for his rebounding numbers being low (not just last night, but across the board). I loved that commentary about the Hawks leaving Maxi open, and the point that all five Mavs on the floor were deadly three-point threats, so who were you going to leave open? That's a long-term issue with WCS - he'll never in his career get an 8-digit-a-year contract until he learns to shoot a three. But to me, although somewhat boneheaded, he is much more appropriate as a starting center in this league than Powell (who can't hit threes either). Hopefully he'll be able to keep his head reefer-clear long enough to learn what Powell did about the system.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 11:25 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's a long-term issue with WCS - he'll never in his career get an 8-digit-a-year contract until he learns to shoot a three.
Powell says "Hi".
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 01:12 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 11:25 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That's a long-term issue with WCS - he'll never in his career get an 8-digit-a-year contract until he learns to shoot a three.
Powell says "Hi".

I thought about Powell when I typed that. The Mavs' overall favor toward him had a lot to do with that. His off-court strengths probably had a lot to do with it.
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I thought about Powell when I typed that. The Mavs' overall favor toward him had a lot to do with that. His off-court strengths probably had a lot to do with it.
Ya, just saying, if anyone is gonna fall in love with WCS and bid against themselves for his contract, we know where that FO will be!
Like Reply
(02-02-2020, 02:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I thought about Powell when I typed that. The Mavs' overall favor toward him had a lot to do with that. His off-court strengths probably had a lot to do with it.
Ya, just saying, if anyone is gonna fall in love with WCS and bid against themselves for his contract, we know where that FO will be!

WCS has a reputation as a bonehead and reefer addict (sic) whereas DP is Mr. Boy Scout who went to Stanford. I strongly prefer WCS for his rim protection, overall defense, and athleticism, but he has a long way to go to figure things out enough for RC on offense. He'll get the chance the rest of the way with Powell out.

Note: earlier this year, I was clamoring for the Mavs to upgrade three starters: Powell, DFS, and THJ. I think the Mavs have Powell covered if WCS follows through with determination, and all it cost in trade was the Utah pick and Roby. Only becomes "expensive" in terms of what it takes to keep him here this summer. Hope something like the MLE does it.
Like Reply