Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+16, 15 pts, 3 rbds)
0%
0 0%
KP (+7, 14 pts, 3 asts, 10 rbds)
0%
0 0%
Luka (29 pts, 5 asts, 11 rbds, 0 TOs)
11.11%
3 11.11%
Delon (+4, 14 pts, 4 asts, 12 rbds)
88.89%
24 88.89%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46 DIRKIE: Winner Delon (89%) & Runner-up Luka (11%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who raised his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
30+ minutes a night for Wright please
Like Reply
It was a nice team effort. I give it to Luka for 40 % three pointers and 0 turnovers. Still working on those FT though Smile
Like Reply
Delon's night, but Hardaway really played great too. 
Short list of SGs playing better
Like Reply
Delon just needs to follow Brunson into the paint for easy offensive rebounds Smile

Brunson was fine shooting just a little farther out.  

Anyway, I thought Delon deserved the Dirkie tonight.
Like Reply
loved the activity on the boards from delon, that and his defensive efforts helped a lot. Honorable mention to brunson and thj. The 3s fell for Luka tonight which was nice but still think he forces 2-3 a game.
RIP Kobe.... so sad man. Cry Props to a legend man even though you killed my favorite team(s) too many times to count!! 

Hurts everytime I throw somethin away yellin KOBE!! now but will eventually make me smile too Sad
Like Reply
Delon catches unjustified criticism on this board from some.  He’s been a nice addition.
Like Reply
Yes, DW for sure. But I was tempted to say THJ. First time I recall seeing him play a good game. I’ve seen great. And I’ve seen awful. But good, sustainable, low-usage ball? This was a first.
Like Reply
Wright was disruptive the whole night.
Like Reply
Delon is amazing. He should be starting next to Luka. He's shooting 38% from the 3 this year and is a magician at the cup finishing. He also is the best on ball defender on the team hands down.

I can see this being the solution to the PG logjam imo.

Delon
THJ
Luka
DFS or Maxi
KP

Brunson
Curry
JJ
Maxi or DFS
WCS

Honestly my favorite line up right now is

Delon
Luka
DFS
Maxi
KP

So much defense and so much deep threat with a couple slasher and rim threats. Seems like the best all around line up we can put together atm imo.
Like Reply
I agree that Delon is our best defender, much the best on ball defender for the guys he is big enough to handle. He is just to small on some of the guys he gets switched on to. 

I like Delon a lot as well. That is not to say he doesn't have much to learn offensively. But, he is playing offense better than I thought he would at the beginning of the year so the more time he gets the more improvement we can expect.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 01:11 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I agree that Delon is our best defender, much the best on ball defender for the guys he is big enough to handle. He is just to small on some of the guys he gets switched on to. 

I like Delon a lot as well. That is not to say he doesn't have much to learn offensively. But, he is playing offense better than I thought he would at the beginning of the year so the more time he gets the more improvement we can expect.

I always get the feeling that Maxi is our best defender against any kind of matchup. Even guards. Delon has quick hands but he lacks some lateral quickness. Maxis length and mobility make up for his lack of quickness.
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 01:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 01:11 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: I agree that Delon is our best defender, much the best on ball defender for the guys he is big enough to handle. He is just to small on some of the guys he gets switched on to. 

I always get the feeling that Maxi is our best defender against any kind of matchup. Even guards. Delon has quick hands but he lacks some lateral quickness. Maxis length and mobility make up for his lack of quickness.

I still think Maxi could play Small Forward.
Like Reply
SF? Heck, Maxi could play SG! And he defends 2-5 like nobody's business. DFS is nearly as effective defending 1-4. It's just amazing how much better those 2 guys are this season. Their improvement is almost as remarkable as Luka's. Add THJ to that group, and it’s a stark reminder of how early it is to be giving up on anybody. (Justin Jackson haters, I’m talking to you!)
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 12:18 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Delon catches unjustified criticism on this board from some.  He’s been a nice addition.

What criticism?  I have not seen him criticized at all.  

He shows up on some nights and is a complete non factor on some nights like tonight.  That's why he is a career backup and his previous team didn't match $9 million a year.
Like Reply
(01-29-2020, 03:53 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 12:18 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Delon catches unjustified criticism on this board from some.  He’s been a nice addition.

What criticism?  I have not seen him criticized at all.  

He shows up on some nights and is a complete non factor on some nights like tonight.  That's why he is a career backup and his previous team didn't match $9 million a year.

Agree.  I suspect what TITY is meaning by criticism is that Wright gets included in some trade proposals.  I see three logical reasons for that:

1.  He shows up well in advanced stats.  That means he may have value to some teams.  You have to give value to get value.
2.  We have a surplus among non-starer level ball handlers
3.  He gave off some negative vibes about his role in an interview with The Athletic and his brother has expressed dissatisfaction on Twitter.

I guess a fourth reason may be that he has enough salary, when combined with Lee, to get you to some pretty high level salary matches.  As I've said before, he came here presuming to be a starter.  He was paid in a way that shows the team presumed he'd be a starter.  When neither side got what it wanted in a deal, you have to at least consider the possibility of a trade.  I personally like the way he and Maxi have been entering as the first guys off the bench.  Curry can play the same role, but he's starting right now.  If it costs one of those two to get that elusive defensive 3/4 or 4/3, and the person traded for is an upgrade on a talent basis (he would also be an upgrade from a fit standpoint), then one of those guys can certainly be part of the package.  Same for Brunson.  It is what people refer to when the discuss a more balanced roster.

I don't think that is a criticism of Wright (or Seth or Brunson).  It is an acknowledgement that we have a hole in the roster and we may have to use a rotation player, in a spot where we have excess, to fill that hole.
Like Reply