Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
63.64%
7 63.64%
Clippers
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 43: LAC (31-13) @ DAL (27-16) | 107-110 loss
Heart 
[Image: EOvIPFcVUAARSa0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/1219439469239119872

https://twitter.com/thenba101/status/121...9805849600
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 12:27 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: EOvIPFcVUAARSa0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

I love seeing this chart before every game.  The big TDL question is how do you raise the standing on the Y axis without hurting your standing on the X axis.
Like Reply
https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/...-porzingis
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 07:13 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:27 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: EOvIPFcVUAARSa0?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

I love seeing this chart before every game.  The big TDL question is how do you raise the standing on the Y axis without hurting your standing on the X axis.

Best thing to do is get a replacement for Jackson's minutes with a bigger, more versatile defender. 
Hopefully someone good enough on both ends to steal a few more minutes 
Otherwise I'm feeling pretty content at the moment. Just wish Rick liked Boban more. Guess he's seeing stuff in practice that fails to materialize during games but I fail to see how playing smallish guards plus Powell/Jackson as the 2 "bigs" is an acceptable alternative. I'd rather give up 3s than wide open layups and dunks

Bit of a headcase but I'm curious why we didnt give Marcus Morris more attention this summer. We need some craziness energy. Dont want a full team of that but a couple guys would be fine
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 07:13 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I love seeing this chart before every game.  The big TDL question is how do you raise the standing on the Y axis without hurting your standing on the X axis.
I think the better question is how much can you lose on the X axis to improve the Y? Doesn't have to be that way, but how much offense is enough when you're already the cheese (which stands alone, Hi-Ho-the-Dairy-O) there?
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 10:13 AM)Jym Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:13 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

Best thing to do is get a replacement for Jackson's minutes with a bigger, more versatile defender. 
Hopefully someone good enough on both ends to steal a few more minutes 
Otherwise I'm feeling pretty content at the moment. Just wish Rick liked Boban more. Guess he's seeing stuff in practice that fails to materialize during games but I fail to see how playing smallish guards plus Powell/Jackson as the 2 "bigs" is an acceptable alternative. I'd rather give up 3s than wide open layups and dunks

Bit of a headcase but I'm curious why we didnt give Marcus Morris more attention this summer. We need some craziness energy. Dont want a full team of that but a couple guys would be fine
Amen to that!  I cannot stand watching that layup drill that the Mavs seem to be allowing lately.  Just drives me crazy because teams are going to shoot 100% on uncontested layups.
Like Reply
Must win game, as always!
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 03:06 PM)mtrot Wrote: Amen to that!  I cannot stand watching that layup drill that the Mavs seem to be allowing lately.  Just drives me crazy because teams are going to shoot 100% on uncontested layups.

The layup drill will be over if / when KP is healthy.
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 04:01 PM)embellisher Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 03:06 PM)mtrot Wrote: Amen to that!  I cannot stand watching that layup drill that the Mavs seem to be allowing lately.  Just drives me crazy because teams are going to shoot 100% on uncontested layups.

The layup drill will be over if / when KP is healthy.
Nice!  I sure hope so, because it doesn't seem like the rest of the team can do anything about it.
Like Reply
Tonight is all about KP's comeback - which had damn well better happen. The other story is whether or not the Mavs play a competitive game. I don't see much chance of them winning given the composition of the Clipps' roster and what we saw last game, but if they stay close and lose in the clutch (typical against many other teams this year...) I will be satisfied (although not happy per se), because that will be a significant moral victory, tbh.
Like Reply
Eh, I say this is a very winnable game, with PG not playing.  I suspect Doc will try to take the ball out of Luka's hands, and may try that press again.  Can't let them do that; bring in Barea if you have to in order to beat that press and make them pay for it.  After the ball is brought up, it can easily be gotten back to Luka.
Like Reply
It’s my bday today! Let’s go Mavs!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1219768801924984832
Like Reply
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about the game tonight.
Like Reply
(01-21-2020, 07:36 PM)cow Wrote: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about the game tonight.
I hear you.  But the big question is if the Mavs shooters are nervous about a big game and again get the yips.
Like Reply
KP is really playing and not going to be a late scratch again, right?
Like Reply
He is listed in the official starting lineup
Like Reply
Kawhi is the key. He's been on a tear, averaging 36 ppg in his last five games. Try to contain him, and hope Harrell and Lou Will are off their games. Helps George is out.
Like Reply
Not sure how we beat these guys. It's gonna require Luka Magic, and Unicorn Magic and THJ magic and Maxi magic and DFS magic. Some Seth magic wouldn't hurt.
Like Reply
Mavs 117
Clips 113
Like Reply