Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chandler Parsons Suffers "Multiple Severe and Permanent Injuries" in Auto Crash
Former Mav Chandler Parsons was hit by a drunk driver when he was driving home from practice with the Atlanta Hawks on the 15th. His injuries include a brain injury, herniated disc(s), and a torn labrum. There is no timetable for his return, and the injuries are potentially career-ending, according to a lawsuit filed on his behalf. Parsons was concussed in the accident, and has reportedly not been able to grasp the import of the accident at this point. 

Get well, Chandler!
Like Reply
That's too bad. I hope he fully recovers.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...6072585216
Like Reply
I hope he recovers to 100% health, but his career was already over.
Like Reply
Prayers for his recovery.
Like Reply
sorry for him, hope he full recovers.
Like Reply
If Chandler Parsons was severely injured in a car crash wouldn't it have been actual news that a real reporter would have reported on and not something his lawyer had to tell us about???
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 01:15 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Former Mav Chandler Parsons was hit by a drunk driver when he was driving home from practice with the Atlanta Hawks on the 15th. His injuries include a brain injury, herniated disc(s), and a torn labrum. There is no timetable for his return, and the injuries are potentially career-ending, according to a lawsuit filed on his behalf. Parsons was concussed in the accident, and has reportedly not been able to grasp the import of the accident at this point. 

Get well, Chandler!

Wow...what a horrible run of luck for this guy... I hate seeing young players beseiged by injuries, but then to have something like this happen and completely derail his life like that.  Wow.  Prayers for him and his family.

(01-20-2020, 02:53 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: If Chandler Parsons was severely injured in a car crash wouldn't it have been actual news that a real reporter would have reported on and not something his lawyer had to tell us about???

You mean like these?

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/01/20/chandler-parsons-injuries-car-accident-career-future-uncertain-hawks

https://sports.yahoo.com/attorney-hawks-chandler-parsons-suffering-from-permanent-car-crash-injuries-that-could-end-nba-career-173912891.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/20/us/chandl...index.html

Here's his car...
[Image: 200120133312-chandler-parsons-car-exlarge-169.jpg]
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
I doubt the drunk driver has much insurance $$$ (if any) available for someone like CP and his lost future salary.  Hopefully, CP has a large umbrella policy on himself that can kick in.  Sad news and I hope he is able to recover fully.
Like Reply
I mean a report on the actual crash from a reporter who spoke to someone who saw it.  Not a report about his attorneys having issued a press release 5 days after the crash.
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 02:54 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: You mean like these?

question answered!

dang
Like Reply
Thumbs Down 
[quote pid='21835' dateline='1579551446']

question answered!

dang
[/quote]
Huh Huh Huh
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 03:40 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: [quote pid='21835' dateline='1579551446']

question answered!

dang
Huh Huh Huh
[/quote]

real reporters and a pic of the car? 

I guess you don't like the attorney being the source.
Like Reply
That's awful news. I always liked the kid despite most opinions among Mavs fans and I thought he was a good ball player when healthy.

Prayers out to his family and himself for a full speedy recovery.
Like Reply
Hoping for the best possible recovery for him...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 04:32 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 03:40 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: [quote pid='21835' dateline='1579551446']

question answered!

dang
Huh Huh Huh

real reporters and a pic of the car? 

I guess you don't like the attorney being the source.
[/quote]
Real reporters reporting his attorney’s statement, not the accident. It is kind of strange that there wasn’t more before this.
Like Reply
So sad to hear.  This sort of thing seems to happen way too much.  Hoping here for a complete recovery.
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 02:53 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: If Chandler Parsons was severely injured in a car crash wouldn't it have been actual news that a real reporter would have reported on and not something his lawyer had to tell us about???
The Hawks issued a statement the day it happened. Responders at the scene noted head, back, and neck injuries. At Chandler's request, they took him back to the practice facility rather than the hospital. The Hawks' medical personnel made an initial diagnosis of concussion and whiplash. The Hawks' coach saw him that day and described him as "pretty banged up," but hadn't spoken to him since, as of yesterday. Austin Rivers, who is apparently friends with Parsons, spoke with the family this weekend. Parsons was not in shape to talk to him, and the family was shaken up over the accident but felt he was improving. 

Don't know if you're suggesting that the accident never happened, or questioning whether it was really as serious as described. If it is the latter, we'll hope that your suspicions are correct.
Like Reply
Its terrible. I would like to know where the drunk driver was coming from. If a bar then they need to be held responsible.

Reading the lawyer's statement I have a feeling they want to cash in an insurance policy for a career ending injury. His career was already basically over but it sounds like from the statement they want to claim he was 100% healthy and perfect so that they can then say he has had a career ending injury thus satisfying the very strict legal requirements to cash in that type of policy. I would predict he will never suit up again. My hope is that he doesn't have any long term health issues. The brain trauma sounds terrible and scary.
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 06:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Its terrible. I would like to know where the drunk driver was coming from. If a bar then they need to be held responsible.

Reading the lawyer's statement I have a feeling they want to cash in an insurance policy for a career ending injury. His career was already basically over but it sounds like from the statement they want to claim he was 100% healthy and perfect so that they can then say he has had a career ending injury thus satisfying the very strict legal requirements to cash in that type of policy. I would predict he will never suit up again. My hope is that he doesn't have any long term health issues. The brain trauma sounds terrible and scary.
The drunk driver was unconscious when the police found him. He had a 7-Up bottle full of alcohol in his car. He has apparently admitted that he had been drinking. I didn't see anything on where he was coming from. 

Unless the drunk driver was rich, or had very substantial insurance, or there is some third party who could also be held responsible, it is hard to see how a lawsuit will result in a substantial payday, especially by Parsons' financial standards. But a responsible PI attorney would file suit in any case, to best protect Chandler's rights in case there is a deep pocket available.  

It is also possible that the drunk driver will go to prison, which would at least get the guy off the streets for a while. 

Agree that it seems possible that Parsons will never suit up again, and join you in the hope that he recovers completely and especially that the brain injury does not have lasting effects.
Like Reply