Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maxi (+9, 10 pts, 3 blks, 5 rbds)
7.41%
2 7.41%
THJ (29 pts, 4 rbds)
59.26%
16 59.26%
Luka (+6, 35 pts, 7 asts, 8 rbds)
29.63%
8 29.63%
Seth (16 pts, 3 asts, 4 rbds)
3.70%
1 3.70%
Jalen (13 pts)
0%
0 0%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (59%) & Runner-up Luka (30%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated his game above normal to help the team win?
Like Reply
THJ
Like Reply
Timmy was out there channeling his dad.
Like Reply
THJ was what we want him to be and more.
Like Reply
Things I'd never thought I'd be able to say: Even with his contract, Tim has worked his way into becoming a positive asset for this team. Hats off to him.
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 12:24 AM)cow Wrote: Things I'd never thought I'd be able to say:  Even with his contract, Tim has worked his way into becoming a positive asset for this team.  Hats off to him.

I was cautiously optimistic because I saw how well Seth came back from the same surgery a year ago but never did I imagine he'd be up around 39% from 3 at this point 
I would have been perfectly happy with around 34  to 35%
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 12:32 AM)Jym Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 12:24 AM)cow Wrote: Things I'd never thought I'd be able to say:  Even with his contract, Tim has worked his way into becoming a positive asset for this team.  Hats off to him.

I was cautiously optimistic because I saw how well Seth came back from the same surgery a year ago but never did I imagine he'd be up around 39% from 3 at this point 
I would have been perfectly happy with around 34  to 35%

He's doing things on both ends of the floor that impress me.  Is his dad still in town?
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 12:34 AM)cow Wrote: He's doing things on both ends of the floor that impress me. 

Folks list him with our poor defenders, which I believe is a mistake
Like Reply
Big V to TIMY!
Like Reply
THJ is our good karma for Wes
Like Reply
Got to give it to Tim. As much criticism as his contract got he has done nothing but to try to earn it, and that goes since well before we took him in as a "bad contract". With KP out you can make an argument that he's our 2nd best player on a lot of nights
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 05:51 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Got to give it to Tim. As much criticism as his contract got he has done nothing but to try to earn it, and that goes since well before we took him in as a "bad contract". With KP out you can make an argument that he's our 2nd best player on a lot of nights

We are really not giving him enough credit. He tries superhard, plays with energy and "hype", absolutely no indication that he is any kind of chemistry problem and he has great offensive ability. Kudos to coaching stuff to find him a role and maximally exploit his strengths. Also it looks like his confidence is rising as he is not terrible anymore when he creates for himself. He has his off nights, but to be honest, it has been a long time since his last super cold game. 

All in all, list of players I would consider as an upgrade over him is getting shorter and his contract is not terrible anymore. I guess it is still above market value and I don't think he can get a much better offer even on poor free agent market. Although, Barnes gor over 20 mil per for similar production.
Like Reply
THJ. We don't need a #3. He has become that. But now I'm seriously worried about our #2.
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 06:22 AM)omahen Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 05:51 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Got to give it to Tim. As much criticism as his contract got he has done nothing but to try to earn it, and that goes since well before we took him in as a "bad contract". With KP out you can make an argument that he's our 2nd best player on a lot of nights

We are really not giving him enough credit. He tries superhard, plays with energy and "hype", absolutely no indication that he is any kind of chemistry problem and he has great offensive ability. Kudos to coaching stuff to find him a role and maximally exploit his strengths. Also it looks like his confidence is rising as he is not terrible anymore when he creates for himself. He has his off nights, but to be honest, it has been a long time since his last super cold game.

All in all, list of players I would consider as an upgrade over him is getting shorter and his contract is not terrible anymore. I guess it is still above market value and I don't think he can get a much better offer even on poor free agent market. Although, Barnes gor over 20 mil per for similar production.

When I watched Barnes, I did not see a winning basketball player. THJ, as long as he isn't expected to be the guy, is a winning basketball player as judged from this year.
Like Reply
Egg on my face, which I admitted months ago. But I don’t think we’re going far enough. THJ HAS BEEN our second best player so far this year.
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 01:35 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Egg on my face, which I admitted months ago. But I don’t think we’re going far enough. THJ HAS BEEN our second best player so far this year.

No, no. Too far.

KP is still that. It is just that we had such LOW expectations for THJ and such HIGH expectations for KP.
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 01:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 01:35 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Egg on my face, which I admitted months ago. But I don’t think we’re going far enough. THJ HAS BEEN our second best player so far this year.

No, no. Too far.

KP is still that. It is just that we had such LOW expectations for THJ and such HIGH expectations for KP.

Yes, this.
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 01:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

No, no. Too far.

The snowball effect.
Like Reply
I have to give it to Luka. His 4 threes in the first kept the team alive. The offense looked disjointed until he started hitting some shots.

And then what a freaking dagger at the end. The back to back plays where he blows past Bazemore for the layup and then on the next trip down he hits an incredible step back 3 to seal the game. Halleluka!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply