Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
9 100.00%
Blazers
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: POR (18-25) @ DAL (27-15) | 120-112 win
(01-18-2020, 12:05 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: The Mavericks plays bad in the 4th. The difference is they win against average or bad teams but they lose against good one.

Heck they even lose to bad teams if they can find a hot shooter down the strecth. One of those 3 back to back threes of Portland had fallen in, we would have been in a big trouble again.

It's a make or miss league..
Like Reply
Mavs win with another beautiful offensive performance, yet not a single positive note in the thread. Boy have you gone demanding. Start of season, everyone would be happy if this team made it to the playoffs, now it seems nothing is good enough. 

They will look great once KP returns.
Like Reply
Luka 8 of 12 on 3's with one miss being a desperation 3 at the end of the quarter 
More of that please. He certainly has it in him
Like Reply
Random:

-When Luka caught fire early on, I was wondering if there are shooting stats for Luka wearing the sleeved versus not.
-I think I might love you, Timmie.
-When Luka hit the dagger, I was thinking that Maxi should tweet at Skip Bayless..."call me".
Like Reply
Great win, mavs!

(01-17-2020, 09:25 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 12:48 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Will be in attendance. If KP could play that would make me happy.  Smile

IDF, with KP on the court or not, don't come back on this forum without a win, you know very well what our Dr. will order!

Enjoy! Wink

Dear IDF you're free to join us after your mission is completed. Good job!
But before I'll let you go, let me address you with a standard cliche question players are facing over and over again after the game:
Great game, IDF, you where there, can you share your feelings with us after such great win?

(01-18-2020, 12:05 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: The Mavericks plays bad in the 4th. The difference is they win against average or bad teams but they lose against good one.

Heck they even lose to bad teams if they can find a hot shooter down the strecth. One of those 3 back to back threes of Portland had fallen in, we would have been in a big trouble again.

Yes, you're right on the point except IF does not mean nothing. They win Portland and if Maxi would shout 100%, he would have scored 28pts tonight. IF. But if just doesn't count.
Mavs deficit is on defensive side specially w/o KP and only with elite offense they can cover D hole. We know that, they know that, we should except that. You just can not have all on relative young team. This is Mavs first year team rebuilding strategy which should be wise to back ...
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 12:20 AM)omahen Wrote: Mavs win with another beautiful offensive performance, yet not a single positive note in the thread. Boy have you gone demanding. Start of season, everyone would be happy if this team made it to the playoffs, now it seems nothing is good enough. 

One of the reasons I stay out of the game thread...team is ahead of schedule on getting back to being good but instead some still feel a need to trash them every game... Huh
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Without the KP injury, the Mavs are imo in the running for the 2nd seed in the West. Quite easily.
Like Reply
Luka went to the basket with game on the line lay up was way bigger than three, game was pretty much over when he hit 3.

Mavs need more that at end of games.
Like Reply
I really wonder what rulebook these refs are using ... 3 reviews, 3 times wrong. I can understand getting a call wrong in the flow of the game, but on a review they have to get the calls right.

Although i think they were wrong on the fllagrant call on Luka vs. Whiteside and the non-flagrant on Whiteside vs. Kleber, i can live with that as "excessive contact" is a judgement call. But the last one (non-foul Whiteside on THJ) is just terrible and there's no way to call it this way in the game of basketball. THJ jumps into clear space, Whiteside comes from the side, moving into THJ and there's contact on the boady and then the arm. Yet they look at it for a minute and decide non-foul, WTF?
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 06:31 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 12:20 AM)omahen Wrote: Mavs win with another beautiful offensive performance, yet not a single positive note in the thread. Boy have you gone demanding. Start of season, everyone would be happy if this team made it to the playoffs, now it seems nothing is good enough. 

One of the reasons I stay out of the game thread...team is ahead of schedule on getting back to being good but instead some still feel a need to trash them every game... Huh

Same here.  I kinda wish we can trade some of our posters to a sucky team's fanbase (Knicks!) for 2-3 seasons, to see if they can appreciate what we have a little bit.
Like Reply
(01-18-2020, 09:05 AM)radioaktiv Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 06:31 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:

Same here.  I kinda wish we can trade some of our posters to a sucky team's fanbase (Knicks!) for 2-3 seasons, to see if they can appreciate what we have a little bit.
We had 2 decades of Dirk and now we got Luka...all the Knicks fans had during that time was a couple years of Melo and a couple of seasons of KP...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
The game thread is in the moment emotion. Some people yell at the TV, some type their frustration in the game thread. It is what it is. If someone doesn't particularly like a player or coach, and they need to vent during frustrating portions of a game, then they'll vent about the player or coach they don't like. You gotta judge game thread comments differently than other comments, which I sometimes fail to do.
Like Reply
Tampering?
(01-18-2020, 01:11 PM)fifteenth Wrote: The game thread is in the moment emotion. Some people yell at the TV, some type their frustration in the game thread. It is what it is. If someone doesn't particularly like a player or coach, and they need to vent during frustrating portions of a game, then they'll vent about the player or coach they don't like. You gotta judge game thread comments differently than other comments, which I sometimes fail to do.

+ trades should be discussed in different thread no matter if it concerns one of the players or even one of our members  Big Grin Tongue Big Grin
Like Reply