Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Talk.
No not that talk...

What do you say when you catch a kid smoking weed for the first time?
Like Reply
Just wait til it's legal please?
Like Reply
It depends on what you think about weed. It can be beneficial as a treatment for some conditions but I believe that it's not harmless as a recreational drug, especially the younger you are.

If you don't think it's beneficial to him you might gather some data to present regarding the impact it has on youth.

Also, it depends on your relationship. Does he trust you, does he obey you, what's important to him? I think you'd want to craft a strategy based on answers to these questions. Would he respond to a "trust me" conversation, does disciplining him help him, or is he reachable through an appeal to data or an appeal to how it could impact his goals?
Like Reply
Personally I'm a big fan of weed, but he's 15 and is already struggling to keep up with his school work.  I don't think it's beneficial for him, and even if it might be it's still illegal here.

I think he trusts me as much as he trusts anyone, and he obeys me when he is around me, but he doesn't live with me.  His adopted mother asked me to talk with him because he doesn't have a relationship with her husband and she doesn't have the will power to follow through with any discipline.  I told him it was a crutch that he didn't need and that he should be focused on getting his school work done and getting some damned exercise and not getting high with his friends.  He knows I smoke, so I don't know if that helps with the "trust me" part or if he just thinks I'm being a hypocrite.  He seemed to take it well, but like most teenagers he's getting pretty good at telling people what they want to hear and then not following through.
Like Reply
Even if you think it's harmless for adults, I don't think it's hypocritical for you to tell him that it can hinder his education and that he should wait until he's legal and responsible enough to not let it wreck his life.
Like Reply