Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread
Anyone else watching this?

It's getting wild in the 2nd quarter. Super physical D on both ends. Almost halfway into the quarter and I can't remember the last time someone scored.
Like Reply
I'm becoming such a Gordon fan, finally.
Like Reply
I literally can't believe some of the things Jokic does. He might be the best basketball player I've ever seen.
Like Reply
Denver with a marginal advantage heading into halftime.
Like Reply
Denver just seems unbeatable to me.
Like Reply
This series seems, to me, like a prime example of how getting big to combat big is folly.

Conventional wisdom would tell you that Gobert is your best chance at slowing Jokic down, but I am watching Jokic score in the paint like Gobert is not even there. It’s getting uglier by the minute. Gobert has no chance of playing anything close to credible defense against him.

The best course, to my mind, is to force Jokic to guard a smaller, quicker player on the other end.
Like Reply
I’ve never seen a player quite like Naz Reid. You look at him and you think he is going to play like Daniel Gafford, but he does all of his damage with dribble penetration from the perimeter. Tight handle with his right, and shocking straight line speed.
Like Reply
Well, that’s a wrap. Will Denver win 4 in a row to close the series?
Like Reply
I just rewatched it and I am stunned like Killer. What Jokic did in the third quarter was just insane. He brought all the moves, Skyhook-Dreamshake, glass, no glass, rebounds it with one hand and throws an outletpass (still onehanded in one motion) perfectly for an easy bucket. He moves like he has some kind of disability but EVERYTHING works. He looks like a glitch in the Matrix. DPOY my ass - Gobert can't do ANYTHING (I mean who can, but still).

Honestly, Edwards is to blame for this loss. Woke up too late. If he gets his "usual 35+, this is still a game (shows how good he is to expect something like this from him). Everybody else palyed decent, especially with Conley out for the Wolves.

I think this series is over and it is a good thing for us, IF we don#t blow this series against the Thunder like we did in game 4. We are the better team and I think we match up pretty well with the Nuggets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes meistermatze's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Edwards isnt the guy
Like Reply
If you say so, it is even more proof to me, that he actually IS the guy.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 03:29 AM)meistermatze Wrote: I just rewatched it and I am stunned like Killer. What Jokic did in the third quarter was just insane. He brought all the moves, Skyhook-Dreamshake, glass, no glass, rebounds it with one hand and throws an outletpass (still onehanded in one motion) perfectly for an easy bucket. He moves like he has some kind of disability but EVERYTHING works. He looks like a glitch in the Matrix. DPOY my ass - Gobert can't do ANYTHING (I mean who can, but still).

Honestly, Edwards is to blame for this loss. Woke up too late. If he gets his "usual 35+, this is still a game (shows how good he is to expect something like this from him). Everybody else palyed decent, especially with Conley out for the Wolves.

I think this series is over and it is a good thing for us, IF we don#t blow this series against the Thunder like we did in game 4. We are the better team and I think we match up pretty well with the Nuggets.

Be careful what you wish for. Everybody wrote their epitaph after the first two games. But they proved they're still the champs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 03:30 AM)GATA Wrote: Edwards isnt the guy

You're delusional. He is the guy. He's just 22 years old playing in his 2nd playoff series. If they lose to the Nuggets again, it won't be because of him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 04:48 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You're delusional. He is the guy. He's just 22 years old playing in his 2nd playoff series. If they lose to the Nuggets again, it won't be because of him.

They literally blitzed and doubled Edwards the entire game. Nobody could have scored much against that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Minnesota cranking up the defense like game 2
Like Reply
Just going to continue in this thread. 24-2 run for the T'Wolves. Murray single-handedly ruining another game for the Nuggets.
Like Reply
(05-15-2024, 08:01 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: They literally blitzed and doubled Edwards the entire game. Nobody could have scored much against that.

I agree. I was just responding to the troll that said Edwards is not the guy.
Like Reply
(05-16-2024, 08:06 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Minnesota cranking up the defense like game 2

Haven't really changed anything as far as the scheme goes. Only difference is that they get away with double/triple teams on Jokic because the rest of the Nuggets cannot take advantage. Reminds me of some really frustrating Mavs teams with Luka creating a 4vs3 every single time. Bullock, THJ and DFS unable create a good look out of it.
Like Reply
It's hack-a-Jokic minus the foul call. No clue how Gobert gets away with it.
Like Reply
Jamal Murray is worse than the refs that are responsible for the T'Wolves 10-1 FTA advantage.
Like Reply